Am i Under a Attack??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
mediator said:
Were u blogging, doing stuff on onlinehome-server.com etc while the wireshark was working?
There r so many entries! e.g

Try taking the output when u r not working n post that O/P here. Also did u check out the 'bwm-ng' in both the inits?
Also check if

1. Firefox is set on automatic updates and extensions dlds!

2. What is bonobo server?

gaurish 5125 0.0 0.3 23132 3012 ? Ssl 12:50 0:00 /usr/lib/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-server --ac-activate --ior-output-fd=25
It says something bt activation??

3. There r so many processes going on! e.g

gaurish 5140 0.0 0.9 36372 9336 ? Sl 12:50 0:00 /usr/lib/evolution/2.10/evolution-exchange-storage --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Exchange_Connector_CalFactory:1.2 --oaf-ior-fd=18

In gnome, "Goto System > Administration > services" and disable the unwanted services first!! Also if u have wireless setup then ur lights will keep on blinking at regular intervals!

Please check these all out! Its probably some unwanted services and check ur speed both during day and night. Its common for the network to get slow during the day/evening!!

i dunno know about this process, at time of capture only firefox & Ktorrent are running

mediator

Technomancer
U need the capture without any firefox and ktorrent and u need to disable the unwanted services before that! Its possible that some unwanted service might be leeching ur bandwidth like the thunderbird email in my system that I have setup to dld the mails automatically after 1 minute!! If u want to check again then check from a knoppix CD also. If it gives slow speed then it probably ur ISP changing lines and doing some upgradation....Their favourite reply!! ;)

OP
gary4gar

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
mediator said:
U need the capture without any firefox and ktorrent and u need to disable the unwanted services before that! Its possible that some unwanted service might be leeching ur bandwidth like the thunderbird email in my system that I have setup to dld the mails automatically after 1 minute!! If u want to check again then check from a knoppix CD also. If it gives slow speed then it probably ur ISP changing lines and doing some upgradation....Their favourite reply!! ;)
probelm solved for timebeing!
i don't get the LAST_ACK any more
also in few will full format and upgrade to gutsy:)

@mehul
the file was of binary type so no use of paste bin here:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom