Alphafunding and Help Indie Developers thread

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Most probably it will be like Fallout. But cool down, there's nothing concrete so far, just a hint. :)

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
The most interesting kickstarter project as far as bounties are concerned:-

Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective Adventure Mysteries by David Marsh — Kickstarter

Pledge $9 and you will get these 9 adventures in PC or Mac:-

*www.zojoi.com/kick/tier1b.jpg

At $30, you will get them at your iOS or Android device also.

Above this, get yourself featured in a specially recreated 1889 edition of London Times, or become a reporter of the same newspaper, this poster,

*www.zojoi.com/kick/tier4a.jpg

see your name in London directory, become a game character, copies of Sherlock Holmes board games etc.

Being a long time ardent follower of Sherlock Holmes (hate the word fan), feeling greedy. But Sherlock Holmes games... :-?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
And then, they just keep coming. After the success of Double Fine Adventure, it looks like devs have got a newer platform to fund their games. Delaware St. John is calling funds for their 4th game named Asylum of the Lost. It's a horror point-and-click adventure game which will sport real-time 3D graphics.

Check here:-

Delaware St. John 4: Asylum of The Lost by Bryan Wiegele — Kickstarter

You can find more about the devs and their earlier 3 games here:-

Delaware St. John

In other news, "realistic squad-based tactical shooter" Takedown has been successfully funded. But unlike devs, here they intend to invite private investment to fully develop the game. Devs of this game has some of the finest games under their belt like Rainbow Six, Rainbow Six Rogue Spear, Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon 2, GRAW, F.E.A.R., Condemned, and World of Tanks.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some more interesting projects at Kickstarter:-

Shadowrun Returns

A proposed revival of the classic pen-and-paper game and console RPG series.

Merging high fantasy and cyberpunk, Shadowrun spawned a number of spinoff products in the '90s, including a pair of fondly remembered RPGs for the Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis. Its creator FASA Studio folded in 2007, following the unfortunate release of a competitive first-person shooter set in the Shadowrun universe.

Having reacquired the Shadowrun license, original game designer Jordan Weisman pitches a tactical, turn-based 2D Shadowrun game for tablets and PC platforms funded through Kickstarter. Harebrained Schemes has raised $365,000 toward its goal of $400,000 as of this writing, with 24 days left in the campaign.

You can grab a DRM free digital copy for $15.

Next up is Jane Jensen's Pinkerton Road: "A Year of Adventure"

Pinkerton Road is the new game studio started by game veterans Jane Jensen and Robert Holmes. Our focus is 3rd person adventure games for PC and tablet with rich stories, gorgeous art and seamlessly fun play. The studio will use a new model, "Community Supported Gaming" (CSG) to fund and develop their games.

Jane is known for games with complex, dark plotlines. She created the Gabriel Knight adventure game series at Sierra On-Line and the recent Gray Matter. And in the past eight years, she designed and directed leading casual games including Women’s Murder Club, Dying for Daylight and Deadtime Stories at Oberon Media/I-Play Studio. Now she's returning to her roots and founding an adventure game studio. Robert, Jane's husband, produced GK1 and has written music for many of Jane’s games. His endlessly hip band, The Scarlet Furies, did the toe-tapping themes in Gray Matter and Dying for Daylight.

Again you have to part with $16 for one adventure in the season.

Finally there's Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards: Reloaded

Several Sierra Online veterans have to reboot the Leisure Suit Larry franchise with a remake of the first game. The kickstarter has only been up for a day or two and they’ve already raised over $178k of their $500k.

Again the game will cost you $15, and you may choose from Steam or DRM Free version.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Me too. Was interested in pledging for Sherlock Holmes, not for the game but for the goodies, but its seems nigh impossible to reach the target. :(

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nekro

WHAT IS NEKRO?

Nekro is an overhead, randomly generated action game about summoning evil forces of darkness to do your bidding!

Hailing from the era of great classics such as Myth: The Fallen Lords, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Dungeon Keeper and more, we are creating a game rooted deep in PC gaming's history, but with all the flourishes you've come to expect from a modern experience.

Combining full HD graphics, a unique premise, solid gameplay, and tight controls Nekro can be one hell of a game - but not without you...

Looks promising.

POLICE WARFARE

A discussion thread is here at TDF:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/gamerz/155664-call-duty-police-warfare-fan-made.html

This is something interesting:-

IndieGames.com - The Weblog Star Command Dev Shares Realities of Costs after Kickstarter Funding

When its Kickstarter campaign ended, the studio counted $36,967 in pledges, almost double the $20,000 it initially hoped to bring in to fund the Star Trek-esque sim RPG. However, around $2,000 of those pledges failed to transfer.

Kickstarter and Amazon Payments took their $3,000 cut from that amount, and then the company spent $10,000 on producing the incentives War Balloon promised backers, such as posters and shirts.

With $22,000 remaining, it spent $6,000 on Star Command's music, $4,000 on setting up the company (attorneys, start-up fees, etc.), $2,000 on poster art, $1,000 on iPads, and $3,000 on its PAX East presence two weeks ago.

War Balloon was left with $6,000 after all that, which counted as income, so it gave up a third of that to taxes. The studio has actually taken on more than $50,000 in debt while working on Star Command, which releases to iOS and Android devices this summer.

Offering insight to other developers interested in Kickstarter, War Balloon also warned that costs for rewards can get out of hand. "We just didn't fully appreciate the cost of printing 200 posters, shirts, and more than anything shipping," the team admitted.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Carmageddon: Reincarnation by Stainless Games — Kickstarter

Have a lot of awesome memories of playing "Carmageddon II: Carpocalypse Now" on my relative's pen 3 PC and Windows 98. Used to spend endless hours completing the races by laps, but mostly by killing every other opponent. Used to give me a sense of accomplishment when I used to try those stunts, jumping from one highway to another, driving underwater and finding creative ways to blow up opponents and zombies!
Got stuck in maybe 7th or 8th's stage's final level. Had to leave it after that due to study commitments. :(

I wish my best to "Stainless Games" for coming out with yet another sequel! I'm excited! :D
Can't pay the pledge but am definitely buying it on steam when it comes out.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ I am aware of the same.
But, I am sure my bank balance would increase manifold by the time this game comes out. So, it wouldn't matter much. :)

Marco Williams

Right off the assembly line
Our project Orbital Blaster could use some help.
Orbital Blaster: An on-rails Shooter for iOS/Android/OUYA by Marco Williams — Kickstarter

there are some good articles written about our company Hashbang Games on Figure Things Out

Game Demo:
Orbital Blaster | prototype demo

If your interested, we could use your support.

Thanks,
Marco

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Very interesting article on Kickstarter:-

When Kickstarters Fail [Feature]

Top Bottom