All User Accounts Disabled! Could Not Logon! Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIPKNOT

Broken In
My brother did somthing to my machine! It now shows no user accounts! it actually had 2! Both Administrator accounts.The welcome screen still asks to click on the user accounts to log on. but there is no user accounts on the screen!!! Must have been disabled or something.. Please Help! I use Windows XP Sp2

sakumar79

Technomancer
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice at the welcome screen. You will get classic logon see if you can log into either account using this... If not, try again in Safe Mode... If you can, check user account properties, to see if they are disabled from starting up...

Also, go to registry and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList and see if administrator is set to 1. Also, if the user name entry is present and set to 0, delete that entry...

Arun

OP
S

SLIPKNOT

Broken In
sakumar79 said:
Press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice at the welcome screen. You will get classic logon see if you can log into either account using this... If not, try again in Safe Mode... If you can, check user account properties, to see if they are disabled from starting up...

Also, go to registry and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList and see if administrator is set to 1. Also, if the user name entry is present and set to 0, delete that entry...

Arun

Thanks Sakumar... The accounts had been disabled. From what I learnt, My GEEK Bro wanted to delete the User Accounts (2) altogether. He read the Windows Help and Disabled them from : Settings - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Local Users and Groups - Users -> Right Click on the User Names - Properties - Disable. That done he just Shut down! HOPING...Never to see the Acconts again...! Let me try Your solution... I'll let ya Know.

OP
S

SLIPKNOT

Broken In
Sakumar I have tried your solution. It didnot work! It shows the User account on the classic log on but when I type the password It gives the message: your user account has been disabled. Contact your system administrator...etc..
PLEASE HELP GUYS...............! I still could not log on.

(Sorry for the late reply. Since my PC is down I m sending this from a Internet Cafe..!)

sakumar79

Technomancer
Can you log in using "Administrator" login? If you did not enter a password during XP setup, you should leave a blank for password...

And what about the Guest account?

Arun

OP
S

SLIPKNOT

Broken In
sakumar79 said:
Can you log in using "Administrator" login? If you did not enter a password during XP setup, you should leave a blank for password...

And what about the Guest account?

Arun

No I can't! All the accounts got disabled. Log On Message: Your account Has been Disabled. See Your system Administrator.
No Guest Accont as Well!
Can it be repaired using a boot cd or somthing? I have the Win Xp Sp2 Boot cd. [ Also have the 2 boot cds(Dynebolic; UBCD) that came with the DIGIT Dec 2006 issue]

help............................!

Help............................................

Last edited:

dragonslayer33177

Right off the assembly line
SLIPKNOT said:
Thanks Sakumar... The accounts had been disabled. From what I learnt, My GEEK Bro wanted to delete the User Accounts (2) altogether. He read the Windows Help and Disabled them from : Settings - Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Computer Management - Local Users and Groups - Users -> Right Click on the User Names - Properties - Disable. That done he just Shut down! HOPING...Never to see the Acconts again...! Let me try Your solution... I'll let ya Know.

you can also access this screen by right-clicking the my computer icon...

sakumar79

Technomancer
Have you tried logging in as administrator in safe mode? I am told that even if it is disabled, you can log in during safe mode as administrator...

Arun

OP
S

SLIPKNOT

Broken In
sakumar79 said:
Have you tried logging in as administrator in safe mode? I am told that even if it is disabled, you can log in during safe mode as administrator...

Arun

Let me Try This One...... Let Ya Know.

OP
S

SLIPKNOT

Broken In
sakumar79 said:

Arun

Thanks Sakumar..! It worked..! I can log on as Administrator in the Safe mode.. My problem have been solved.. Thanks a Lot...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom