All laptop related queries here!!!

INS-ANI

In the zone
hi guys...
well.. i was hoping to buy dell inpiron 1420..
i got a quotation of Rs. 36800 for that!
i request u to advice if it is a good price?
i am getting Intel C2D 1.66Ghz, GB ram, 14.1" Truelife TFT screen,etc

seriuslyblack

Broken In
Well hello Digitians
i contacted Dell to enquire abt XPS M1530 (which i thnk is a superb notebook)...also i asked abt ny discounts as me n my frnd r planning to buy it together...however d sales exec(or whoever) said he cud simply not do dat for d XPS series as it was a premium lineup n said he wud definitely get a gud deal for ANY other viz., 1420,1525 n d lot....

so wat do u thnk? shud i make a few more calls or jus go on wid d buy?

thnx

INS-ANI

In the zone
Good news!
I just booked my 1420 just now for 37k (includes 3% MH octroi.... which i had to pay Grrrrrrr)
its 1.66Ghz and 667FSB, I GB RAM.. midnight blue. etc

expctng delievery on 29th

nsbindra

Broken In
Well hello Digitians
i contacted Dell to enquire abt XPS M1530 (which i thnk is a superb notebook)...also i asked abt ny discounts as me n my frnd r planning to buy it together...however d sales exec(or whoever) said he cud simply not do dat for d XPS series as it was a premium lineup n said he wud definitely get a gud deal for ANY other viz., 1420,1525 n d lot....

so wat do u thnk? shud i make a few more calls or jus go on wid d buy?

thnx
I bought two XPS 1530s about 2 weeks back. No discounts on the laptops. However, the laptop bag was given for Rs 1000/- in place of original cost of Rs 2600/- odd. You can see the config here. The lappy has been delivered. Engineer is coming tomorow for installation. Any other querry, lemme know.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Hi,
I talked to the DELL representative and he told me that I can actually purchase the warranty package which will come out to be 8,000/- for 1 yr and 13,000/- for two years for 1720. Is this the correct price.. because it looks quite steep to me ? What do you guys suggest ??

When I placed an order for Dell Inspiron 1420 in Sept 2007, I got 3 years Complete Cover for just Rs.5,500 extra. I am placing an order for my company for a Vostro 1000 laptop. I did not want Complete Cover and just the Warranty for 3 yrs. He said 6,000 initially. Then I told him about the offer I got for the 1420. Then bang! Immediately the 3 yr warranty became Rs.4,500.

You just need to bargain with the salesman to get a better offer. They are at free will to reduce the price. Beyond a point they will offer reduce the price further to part with some of their incentives.

dragonlord

Broken In
I bought two XPS 1530s about 2 weeks back. No discounts on the laptops. However, the laptop bag was given for Rs 1000/- in place of original cost of Rs 2600/- odd. You can see the config here. The lappy has been delivered. Engineer is coming tomorow for installation. Any other querry, lemme know.

y r u waiting for the engineer ? You could just tell them that u'd do the so called 'installation' yourself. The 'engineer' would just need a signature from you.

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
WTF??? Visited the HP/Compaq site last evening, and to my surprise, most of the models have been discontinued!!! Except for 3-4 odd models, everything else's off the list! I'm shocked!!! I was just about to pick up the v6608au, and now this's happened! Check it out: *h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/WF09a/1090709-1116637-1116665.html

ksundar

Broken In
HCL has comeout with amazing 7inch notebooks: MiLeap X & Y

HCL MiLeap full specifications unvieled.These laptops will be available from 26th of January.

SpecificationsHCL MiLeap - X series HCL MiLeap - Y series Operating System LinuxGenuine Windows Vista Home Premium CPU Speed Intel Processor @ 900 MHz Intel Processor @ 800 MHz Main Memory 512 MB DDR2 1 GB DDR2 USB Port Two (Ver 2.0) Two (Ver 2.0) Web Camera No1.3 Mega Pixel (Internal) Internal MIC YesYesExternal MIC input YesYesInbuilt Speaker YesYesBluetooth NoYesLCD Display 7" Wide 800x 480 colour LCD VPT 7" TFT Colour LCD Battery 6 cells, Approx. 4 hrs. idle condition 3 cell Li-ion Battery, Approx 3 hrs. idle condition WeightApprox. 1.44 Kg Approx. 960 gm Pen NoStylus Pen​

Price: Rs.13,990 & 29,990.

Sourabh

Laptoping
WTF??? Visited the HP/Compaq site last evening, and to my surprise, most of the models have been discontinued!!! Except for 3-4 odd models, everything else's off the list! I'm shocked!!! I was just about to pick up the v6608au, and now this's happened! Check it out: *h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/WF09a/1090709-1116637-1116665.html

The webpage for discontinued Compaq Presario laptops leads to 404.

I don't think that v6608au model has been continued. It is available in Mumbai for Rs. 32,750/- with bag. I purchased two units of the same yesterday (for a friend and my aunt). True VFM.

Any one buying the Eee PC?

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
okay, if its been discontinued, could anybody suggest any similar models? I'd prefer an X2 Turion, and the nVidia 7150. Price ~30-32k. Thanks...

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
I need to buy a mid-range Laptop. Primary usage will be home usage (internet , light gaming , office , movies ..etc) and in particular Flight Simulators (should run MS Flight Sim X )
Between HP and Dell , somehow i feel like going for HP - because i am unsure about ordering online from Dell. Also i am cautious about stuff like warranty (what if someone goes wrong, who do i go to types :p ). Will be in mumbai.
Also someone suggested a Acer Inspire 5520. How is it ?
I am an AMD fan so will prefer and AMD lappy. Also since i don't have any high end work, AMD is good VLM. However if C2D gives a better deal , i am open to it. Kindly suggest :)

Pathik

Google Bot
The webpage for discontinued Compaq Presario laptops leads to 404.

I don't think that v6608au model has been continued. It is available in Mumbai for Rs. 32,750/- with bag. I purchased two units of the same yesterday (for a friend and my aunt). True VFM.

Any one buying the Eee PC?
Yup. Me hopefully. :)
BTW It is launching on Jan 29th in Croma. Also could u tell me where u got the v6608au for 32.5k? the shop details?

Sourabh

Laptoping
Purchased the Compaqs from PC Guide. Best deals on HP and Compaq laptops there, good place to buy them.

I'm no more excited about the Eee PC. The launch is so late, new Eee PCs will be released in a few months from now. Also the price of Rs. 18,000/- is bit too high. I will wait and get it at distributor price (around 15k). They (ASUS India) had a program called Campus Elite Organization and I was selected in that from my college, so I enjoy this privilege. I guess it is time to make the most of it...

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
How to know the speed of a DDR2 SDRAM module in my Dell Inspiron 6400?
I am planning to upgrade my RAM and am not sure if the RAM in my laptop is 533 Mhz or 667 Mhz.
And also irrespective of that can I go for the additional module at 667 Mhz?

Pathik

Google Bot
Purchased the Compaqs from PC Guide. Best deals on HP and Compaq laptops there, good place to buy them.

I'm no more excited about the Eee PC. The launch is so late, new Eee PCs will be released in a few months from now. Also the price of Rs. 18,000/- is bit too high. I will wait and get it at distributor price (around 15k). They (ASUS India) had a program called Campus Elite Organization and I was selected in that from my college, so I enjoy this privilege. I guess it is time to make the most of it...
Hey Saurabh you can get the EEE for rs 15,901 from Samtron Computers, Sion.
Are you really thinking of getting one? BTW which laptop do u currently have?
And which college are you from? Mumbai?

Sourabh

Laptoping
Hey Saurabh you can get the EEE for rs 15,901 from Samtron Computers, Sion.
Are you really thinking of getting one? BTW which laptop do u currently have?
And which college are you from? Mumbai?

Yeah, I saw that on CompareIndia. Did you personally verify if that's inclusive of taxes?

I currently have Dell Inspiron 640m and the older Acer Aspire 3002. The thought of third laptop for personal use is very frightening but I really need something like an Eee PC. I've spent too much on laptops in the last 8-9 months that I don't think I should spend another 16k. So, I'm not sure if I should get the Eee PC.

I'm in VJTI (final year).

Are you considering to buy the Eee PC?

Pathik

Google Bot
Yep. But i dont think it ll be feasible 4 me. Cos this is gonna be my 1st lappy. The eee is a lil too underpowered for my needs. Also i think that the Acer 4315 wxnci 4 20.8k (cel m 530 +960gl + 512mb ddr2)is a good option. What do u say?
Btw r ur placements done? Wich branch?

Top Bottom