All laptop related queries here!!!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
pathiks said:
@charan do u really want a 17" lappy.. it ll be too bulky...
rather get the dv6502 au..

Sorry pathiks I missed your post.I droped the idea of that 17" one. Now I am considering DV6502 AU or DV6602 AU

Both are almost similar.
6502 has TL-56 processor, max 4GB RAM , and 6602 has TL-58, max 2 GB RAM

Which one do you recomended?

Sourabh

Laptoping
dv6502au is a good buy. The other one would be a bit more expensive with little performance difference. You are never going to install more than 2GB of RAM on this laptop, so don't worry about that.

dv6502 gives you the looks, feature and design of the higher end Pavilion notebooks for an affordable price of 45k. So, it's nice VFM. If you plan to use it as a desktop, why not get the 17-inch counterpart of the same? Just a few grands more and you get a 17-inch laptop.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
^^^ Thanks a lot for the reply. The laptop is for my father, he will only be using it for watching DVD and TV ( retirement investment :p ) Still checking with DV9502AU 17", so thats also one of my options but weight is the only problem. I will go to some HP dealer and check out all 3 models.Final selection will be done by my father :p

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Do Dell anounces any attractive offers/discounts at Diwali, Christmas or New Year??Because I am in no hurry if wait can save me some good bucks. Also , Should I go for nvidia 128 MB or 256 MB as I am not a hardcore gamer but Will definitely want all aero effects of vista and beryl, compiz, etc. to run in full glory.Also I want my system to be future proof for atleast 2-3 years as far as graphics of different OS are concerned. I am planning to go for C2D 2.0 GHz , 2GB RAM and 6 Cell battery as 9 Cell one dont fit in completely and looks bad outside. Please tell me if my decision is right or not ..

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Just enquired about DV6602 AU it is Rs. 44780 /- Inclusive of all taxes. Its a higher version of DV6502 AU which costs approximately the same.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Hey Charan, the DV6602AU specs don't mention any HDMI port. Are you sure its there?

And it has 2 headphone out + 1 line in. So you can hook up your 5.1 to it :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Yea anirudh. Looks like I over looked HDMI port. I have to check this model myself.

vkumar_89

Right off the assembly line
1GB or 2GB

hey pals....i m plannin 2 buy a laptop........most probably dell 1520........i want to use it for gaming purpose........and i want a future proofing for atleast 4 years........my budget is arnd 55k .......so which combo shud i go for.....1gb ram with nvidia 8600m gt graphics card or 2gb ram with nvidia 8400m gs graphics card so dat i can play hi-def games in coming 4yrs or so......plz help me.......i wud b highly obliged.......

Last edited:

sivarap

In the zone
This is really funny....I tried to use my SD memory disk pro duo in the inbuilt card reader in my HP6500t....it was detected, i did some copying and all that....but I didn't know how to take it out..... :D ...... so later I pulled it out using a tweezer......Someone enlighten me on how to eject the memory disk....or will I have to carry a tweezer in my laptop bag :)

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Most memory card readers especially in laptops, take in Memory Stick Pros but not Pro Duos. At least in mine. Check if you could use a MS adapter. Just like a mini-SD to SD converter..

sivarap

In the zone
@infra....tried that....but no...
@deepak....you might be right....duo is not listed.....but I am able to access the files.....the slot seems big even for pro....Ihave to give it a try....and I don't think you get a adapter for duo to pros...cos the size is abnormal....Think I'll have to go with the tweezer :D

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Whats this tru Life thing in Dell Inspiron Screen??Should I go with this Tru Life or not ???

Someone advised me to use local RAM instead of buying from Dell, but using local brand RAM may violate warranty of the laptop , isn't it ??? Also , Dell is charging around 4000 for upgrade of RAM from 1 GB to 2 GB.For how much will I get 2*1 GB RAM from outside and which brand will u suggest ?? Also what will I do of that 1 GB ram that I will get with Dell laptop. And can I replace the RAM in lappy myself , else who will ??? Mind u I am a complete noob when it comes to laptops.
Also , I was just searching net to gather some info about my purchase and got following links which shocked me. The prices on which these people have bought their lappies is unbelievably cheap . The config I m getting for 65 k now , they have purchased it for 50 K , two months ago, hows that possible ??? also something like dell coupons ( which they say are freely available all over net , which can give huge discounts upto 500 $) is mentioned which I m completely unaware of. Please tell all about them. Also, can i bargain over prices with dell people on phone or their prices are fixed ???

*www.fastrackcomputing.net/for...ead.php?p=2134

*www.reviewpub.net/2007/07/inspiron-1520.html

*forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=141260

please reply.....

Last edited:

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
@~Phenom~
The Tru Life is just like BrightView in Hp/Compaq or CrystalBrite in Acer.
It is just a common technology to increase the brightness of the LCD beyond the normal and render a sharper image. I noticed that there is no price difference between normal and TruLife now. A year and half ago, I paid 1k extra for Tru Life. When I bought my sister's laptop last month, I didn't pay anything extra for it. So u can safely choose Tru Life.

Those discount coupons I think can be used only in the US. Here in India, I've heard that towards the end of the week (Friday evening) or last day of the month, you can press for discounts 2-4k, as the marketing executives strive to achieve targets and give some of their incentive to you. Try that tactic.

vkumar_89

Right off the assembly line
Plz Help Me Guyz......

hey pals....i m plannin 2 buy a laptop........most probably dell 1520........i want to use it for gaming purpose........and i want a future proofing for atleast 4 years........my budget is arnd 55k .......so which combo shud i go for.....1gb ram with nvidia 8600m gt graphics card or 2gb ram with nvidia 8400m gs graphics card so dat i can play hi-def games in coming 4yrs or so......plz help me.......i wud b highly obliged.......

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
@deepakchan and all others, I have heard trulife is very shiny and too reflective and can only be used inside rooms having dim light not in sunlight/daylight. Is that true ?? I will also do a lot of reading and programming stuff on my lappy . so I cannot tolerate glare , please tell me are there any such issues ???

Also , which warranty u choosed ??? The dell agent was telling me to go for 3 year complete cover , the cost of which is 8000 , but if i take 1 yr complete cover , it will cost 1 K because they already provide 1 year limited warranty. what will u suggest ???

Lastly about color, Which color should be chosen ?? Earlier I decided to for default jet black because I was on US site and their it was default and other colors costed 50 $ extra but on India site , all colors are same rate , so what color will u suggest Because I cant really get the exact idea how color will look in real ?

prakhar18

Broken In
hey guys suggest me a good laptop......my budget max limit is 1.1 lakhs...
brands can be any....but i will prefer HP ,SONY..
i want windows vista...
atleast 1 GB ram..
more than 1.8 Ghz
more than 120 Gb
excellent graphics card
light weight
dvd or blu ray writter
etc,,,

arunks

Hey here is the aks
hey buddy 1.1lakh :shock:
in this u can get a decent decent and super decent configuration easily..

:D:D

Top Bottom