All laptop related queries here!!!

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
I am planning to get rid of my desktop, and go in for a laptop...kinda desktop replacement type. I have finalised the following config --- Its a CTO model which will be shipped to US address only. I'll have it then shipped back to me.

With the following config the price is around $1850 ..
Its an HP dv9000t . Config is ---
Let me know if something needs to be modified or removed/changed with something else...

Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo T7200 (2.0GHz/4MB L2Cache)
17.0" WSXGA+ BrightView Widescreen (1680x1050)
512MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) Go 7600
2048MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
Super Multi 8X DVD+/-R/RW w/Double Layer Support
Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network w/Bluetooth
HP Expresscard TV Tuner for Windows Vista Notebook
HP Imprint Finish + Microphone + Webcam
High Capacity 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Genuine Windows Vista Business
-----

snake

Broken In
@grinning devil
Change ur hdd get 7200rpm hdd

And r u using any kind of service to get it shipped from usa adress to u?

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
hmm...yup...ur right...i was also planning to go ahead with 7200rpm...but the size factor made me go in for 5400. THe max they are giving away on 7200rpm is 100Gb disc. I can opt for 100GB * 2 = 200GB...but will add to the weight of the lappy as a whole.

PS... 100GB 7200rpm is $24 cheaper than 160GB one.

Shipping will not be a problem...the company I am working for right now has a office in Chicago and New York. Will ship it to that address, and they'll ship it back to me. Or if someone is coming over(which many guys do every month ) they'll bring over the lappy themselves.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
apart from weight, its the cost too ... it goes way beyond my budget with 2 drives....goes to $2100 !!!!

I'll be selecting either 100GB 7200rpm or 160GB 5400rpm ... keeping in mind that my laptop will remain powered on 24*7, and downloading will go on all the time .... like it happens on my present Compaq laptop, i guess i will require that additional space !!!

snake

Broken In
wahh u r lucky every month guyz coming from der
I would suggest buy 100 gb for now couz u have dvd writer and incase u still need space u can always buy USB hdd from there.USB hdd avail there are very neat and handy and as they are usb u can plug n play.

Last edited:

sivarap

In the zone
Does DELL XPS M1210 have inbuilt bluetooth and 802.11g ???? It is not mentioned it their site..... It has an awesome config otherwise.

sivarap

In the zone
Akshay said:
@sivarap

Check Here
Is it invisible to me alone???? or is there any secret word like "Showme seseme"

I alreadyu checked teh page. Send a snapshot if u see it and if possible.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
No it is not invisible if u keep ur eyes open.. Clik on d technology tab - wireless ready. Dat shud clear ur queries

*imagecloset.net/uthumbs/opt1173351997o.jpg

*imagecloset.net/uthumbs/rgh1173352201i.jpg

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Hi Digitians,
I have decided to buy a laptop and have a budget of 35k.I wanted to know if there is a possibility to upgrade any peripheral like RAM or HDD for a higher version than the standard specifications mentioned by the Retailer.and Is it possible for me to Get an Assembled Laptop anywhere in Bangalore

Specifications I need:
2.6-3.0Ghz Processor
512MB/1GB RAM
80GB/Higher HDD
DVD Writer

I can Extend my Budget to 40K in case for a Higher RAM or HDD.I would like to use my laptop for browsing,Running applications like PHOTOSHOP,ILLUSTRATOR,Visual Studio e.tc. and No GAMES at all though it might be a diff fact that Laptops r not Good for Gaming than DESKTOPS.As per my Budget and requirements ,I found a nice Little Model named-->Compaq Presario V3155AU
In the above compaq model they have mentioned the PROCESSOR:AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Technology MK-36 .Does it mean its a 64bit Processor and will it give me any compatibily problem for softwares including my OS?

I would like ur suggestions on this and would take all ur opinion into considerations for the purchase of this latop...Plz Do suggest if there is any other model available not considering the Price/Budget provided it has excellent features and does not arise any problems

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@rakesh

3155AU is gud option. Else configure ur sys at Dell. Though it wud cost a little more, it wud b worth it. Dont go 4 Acer though dey r cheap.. Compaq has a DVD Writer model in their sub 40k model but it is celeron

sekharengg

Right off the assembly line
I want to buy a laptop for programming related to application development and do some gaming too.Gaming not on high end.

My budget is 40k. So please help me out which brand or configuration to go for.

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@sekharengg

Chk Dell Inspiron 640 & 6400 series. They will b a little higher then ur budget but r good ones. Also chk compaq series mentioned in earlier posts. Best - chk latest issue of Digit for same query

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
I wanted to know if all laptops can be upgraded .Or does it depend on motherboards .. ? I want a gfx card for hp dv6245ca and an internal dvd writer for compaq nx6120

Last edited:

prankie

D PrankMaster
hey,
can anyone tell me how to buy DELL laptops??? AFAIK, they dont have any retail shops...
reply soon... i live in bhopal...

my friend wants a lappy below 55k..
his only requirement is that it shud be able to run Vista with aero support...

Akshay

Cyborg Agent
@prankie

Call up dell on their TOLL FREE No. or leave ur contact details at their site - *www.dell.co.in. They will revert bak 2 u. U can configure ur sys @ their site

sivarap

In the zone
Dell website is awesome...the way they have options for different components and auto update of their prices. But someone telme if it wld be a lot cheaper if i buy it in a store?
Also are there similar sites for Compaq and other lappys

Top Bottom