All laptop related queries here!!!

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I think this would be good right ? 2Rx8. I will go to store to buy, just to be extra cautious.
*arvutitark.ee/en/pc-components/memory-ram/kingston-16gb-3200mhz-ddr4-cl22-sodimm-1079185

invisiblebond

Journeyman
What are your thoughts on the LG Gram 15 Core i5 10th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) Gram 15Z90N? Do you think I should buy it at a price of 33,990/-?

What are your thoughts on the LG Gram 15 Core i5 10th Gen - (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10 Home) Gram 15Z90N? Do you think I should buy it at a price of 33,990/-?
Wait for Prime Day sale to begin - 15 Jul - then explore the options. The i5 10th gen is a quad core CPU, although LG Gram is said to have a good build.

Post links by removing "https: //" from the link.

schumacher

New to this forum
It was available yesterday at 12:35 am, @schumacher. What is your opinion?
At that price , it sounds like a fantastic deal but only thing i'm concerned about is the battery. If it is an old stock which is being cleared now, the battery might have degraded a bit. Let us know if it comes back in stock. Here's the model on amazon with some reviews.
www.amazon.com/LG-15Z90N-Ultra-Lightweight-Windows-Headphone/dp/B082XQP1G4#customerReviews

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hello to knowledgeable forum members,
please let me know which is the most powerful from the Group. All systems come with IGPU, No dedicated graphics at all.

1. AMD Ryzen 5 7530u
2. Intel i5 - 1240p
------
1.a AMD Ryzen 7 7730u
2.a Intel i7 - 1260p

Hello to knowledgeable forum members,
please let me know which is the most powerful from the Group. All systems come with IGPU, No dedicated graphics at all.

1. AMD Ryzen 5 7530u
2. Intel i5 - 1240p
------
1.a AMD Ryzen 7 7730u
2.a Intel i7 - 1260p
Battery life - Ryzen always

Performance - Intel P series

For benchmarks, check R5 5600U & R7 5800U benchmarks for 7530U & 7730U respectively as it the same CPU with a new name. AMD can afford to do this because those CPUs are still good & Intel is still lacking in efficiency front which is more important for non-performance based laptops.

OrrBitt

Broken In
The battery of my Toshiba laptop has been dead for a long time now, and I use the laptop by using the mains power.

Battery Info:
Model: Sanyo PA3817U-1BRS
Designed Capacity: 4500 mWh
Total Capacity: 312 mWh

I need to buy a new battery, but do I have to buy one with 4500 mWh, or can I buy a higher capacity one? Any suggestions regarding which battery to buy, and from where?

I found one site where it says they sell "original new laptop battery" and the same model number as mine, but are these batteries even produced after all these years by the same company, meaning they are original, or are they just selling replacement batteries by advertising it as original:

*topbattery.in/product/original-new-laptop-battery-for-toshiba-pa3817u-1brs-sl10022-1/

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
The battery of my Toshiba laptop has been dead for a long time now, and I use the laptop by using the mains power.

Battery Info:

I need to buy a new battery, but do I have to buy one with 4500 mWh, or can I buy a higher capacity one? Any suggestions regarding which battery to buy, and from where?

I found one site where it says they sell "original new laptop battery" and the same model number as mine, but are these batteries even produced after all these years by the same company, meaning they are original, or are they just selling replacement batteries by advertising it as original:

*topbattery.in/product/original-new-laptop-battery-for-toshiba-pa3817u-1brs-sl10022-1/
Most likely replacement/old stock. Also, for laptop battery the most important thing to look for is voltage rating which should preferably be same as original & must never be more than original. mWH of a battery just represent its storage capacity/backup capacity.

Prefer getting it changed at a local shop IMO

Battery Info:

OrrBitt

Broken In
I inquired at a local shop for the Toshiba battery. He said 1600 for a duplicate one and 3000 for an original one. Both have 1 year warranty.

I don't know how original batteries could be available for such an old laptop, I think it must be really old stock. For this reason, I'm thinking of getting the 1600 one. So should I get the original or the duplicate one?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I inquired at a local shop for the Toshiba battery. He said 1600 for a duplicate one and 3000 for an original one. Both have 1 year warranty.

I don't know how original batteries could be available for such an old laptop, I think it must be really old stock. For this reason, I'm thinking of getting the 1600 one. So should I get the original or the duplicate one?
If both have same warranty then get the original one but tell shop to test the battery there itself by taking the laptop & sitting there for 2-3 hours if possible for you.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl

DIY....

If it's an old battery then it's definitely 18650 li-ion batteries.
Nowadays li-polymer batteries are used similar to mobile.

You can resolder them with the new batteries.
You can buy new batteries locally. Maximum you get 3600 mAh per battery ₹1000 below by LG brand. (For any generic, local brands battery, use 2000-3000 mAh=₹10-₹200)
All things are there on the internet, Google it.
Check Instructables website.

OrrBitt

Broken In
If both have same warranty then get the original one but tell shop to test the battery there itself by taking the laptop & sitting there for 2-3 hours if possible for you.

I'll ask, but I don't think the shop wala will allow it.

DIY....

If it's an old battery then it's definitely 18650 li-ion batteries.
Nowadays li-polymer batteries are used similar to mobile.

You can resolder them with the new batteries.
You can buy new batteries locally. Maximum you get 3600 mAh per battery ₹1000 below by LG brand. (For any generic, local brands battery, use 2000-3000 mAh=₹10-₹200)
All things are there on the internet, Google it.
Check Instructables website.

I've been seeing videos about this but I have no experience in these matters, in soldering and all. I'll still give it a second look. The advantage of doing this is that you get original batteries, and it is cheaper, right?

Top Bottom