All laptop related queries here!!!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Is it fine then?
NO! That's a 3-4 generation old processor. It's like buying a 3rd gen Intel laptop which was based on still better 22nm process.

Edit:
*www.notebookcheck.net/A12-9720P-vs-3230M_9192_3620.247596.0.html
i5 3230M with 2 cores and lower clocks outbenches A12 9720P

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rightly said. If gaming is not a major usage, I think having an SSD is more important than a beefy processor.

And I am having trouble finding any better laptop than ASUS VivoBook X510QA-EJ201T that is also in stock.
Is it fine then?
*www.amazon.in/HP-Laptop-3-3200U-Mi...7252030031&rnid=7252027031&s=computers&sr=1-8

*www.amazon.in/HP-Processor-14-inch...7252030031&rnid=7252027031&s=computers&sr=1-2

*www.amazon.in/Acer-A315-54-15-6-in...252030031&rnid=7252027031&s=computers&sr=1-15

*www.amazon.in/VivoBook-15-6-inch-I...252030031&rnid=7252027031&s=computers&sr=1-22

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
*www.amazon.in/HP-Laptop-3-3200U-Mi...7252030031&rnid=7252027031&s=computers&sr=1-8

Me too found it on FK while search.

Initial impression: WOW. So sleek! Such finishing with the white keyboard!
Even if it only have 4 GB RAM I think with 512 SSD this looks good! And I guess RAM can be upgraded later too. At 33k this one sure in my short list.

Rest have only 256 GB SSD and no HDD. This is definitely a gem in the wild!

I may just go with this.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rest have only 256 GB SSD and no HDD. This is definitely found a gem in the wild!

I may just go with this.
See if there is some hp service centre nearby so you can arrange for addition of extra 4gb ram. Don't forget to buy using sbi simplyclick card on sbi yono app to get 2.5% reward points+5% yono cashback over & above any sbi offer on amazon.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
See if there is some hp service centre nearby so you can arrange for addition of extra 4gb ram. Don't forget to buy using sbi simplyclick card on sbi yono app to get 2.5% reward points+5% yono cashback over & above any sbi offer on amazon.

I wanted to purchase and get it shipped directly to Surat, Gujarat (not at my home). So I am not sure how upgrading would work.
Can I buy it now, and later goto HP service center in Surat after a few months to upgrade it? I can upgrade a laptop RAM myself, but I guess it's a matter of warranty.

And I have SBI SimplyClick card, but never used this 'sbi yono' app. How does it actually work?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wanted to purchase and get it shipped directly to Surat, Gujarat (not at my home). So I am not sure how upgrading would work.
Can I buy it now, and later goto HP service center in Surat after a few months to upgrade it? I can upgrade a laptop RAM myself, but I guess it's a matter of warranty.

And I have SBI SimplyClick card, but never used this 'sbi yono' app. How does it actually work?
You can get it done at any hp service centre, they will charge ~500 service fee. Just go to service centre with ram & ask them to add it. Of course call them beforehand anyway to confirm all this.

If you have a sbi savings acc just downoad & install sbi yono app. Inside app go to shopping offers--multi category & you will see amazon banner. Click on that banner & it will take you to T&C page & from there you will be directed to amazon India page(all this inside yono app). Login like usual & add product to cart(do not forget, product must be added to cart inside yono app amazon pages so your cart must be empty when doing all this through yono) & make the payment in usual way by sbi simplyclick card. You should get 5% cashback in the form of amazon pay balance added to your amazon acc within 90 days of the transaction.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh that means it is not for me. I don't have savings account in SBI. Just Simply Click credit card.
Thanks for the info.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oh that means it is not for me. I don't have savings account in SBI. Just Simply Click credit card.
Thanks for the info.
Open it, sbi acc is now a good way to get extra 5% cashback on amazon especially on large amount purchases like laptops etc. My friend got 1600 yono cashback for a laptop he bought in last year amazon sale for 32k besides the 1500 instant discount using sbi debit card(10% upto 1500 offer) so he got more cashback from yono than the main offer on amazon.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Thanks for the info.
These SBI people charge more for any debit card purchases, debit card withdrawals, transfers etc
Every time I put some money into SBI savings account for any payment of EMI or such almost 100 to 200 rupees get deducted. It's such a pain in the ass.
But ICICI bank does not charge like SBI does.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I already have Amazon Pay card (ICICI) which gives me 5% discount. But I am not sure if it's over the 10% discount that Amazon is giving as offer. I think not.

Anyway, so I have been thinking last night. The laptop Amazon.in: Buy HP 15s Laptop (Ryzen 3-3200U/4GB/512GB SSD/Win 10/Microsoft Office 2019/ 1.77 kg) 15s-eq0063AU Online at Low Prices in India | HP Reviews & Ratings is great.

But it doesn't have expandable storage. But can we increase the storage at a later point?
Having an Optical drive has an advantage that later we can replace that optical drive into SSD (which I have done myself before). But having an SSD only laptop means it's storage can't be upgraded later.
So would it make sense to buy a laptop with 1 TB HDD and with an Optical drive, instead of "only SSD", to later upgrade the optical drive to SSD?
And if yes, can I get a good HDD + ODD laptop around 30K?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I already have Amazon Pay card (ICICI) which gives me 5% discount. But I am not sure if it's over the 10% discount that Amazon is giving as offer. I think not.

Anyway, so I have been thinking last night. The laptop Amazon.in: Buy HP 15s Laptop (Ryzen 3-3200U/4GB/512GB SSD/Win 10/Microsoft Office 2019/ 1.77 kg) 15s-eq0063AU Online at Low Prices in India | HP Reviews & Ratings is great.

But it doesn't have expandable storage. But can we increase the storage at a later point?
Having an Optical drive has an advantage that later we can replace that optical drive into SSD (which I have done myself before). But having an SSD only laptop means it's storage can't be upgraded later.
So would it make sense to buy a laptop with 1 TB HDD and with an Optical drive, instead of "only SSD", to later upgrade the optical drive to SSD?
And if yes, can I get a good HDD + ODD laptop around 30K?
3200U is dual core, don't get less than 4 cores. Cheapest, okay 500GB nvme (OOS) is Buy Online HP EX900 M.2 500GB PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe 3D TLC NAND Internal Solid State Drive 2YY44AA#ABC In India and you won't be able to use it in place of ODD.
It makes sense to get 2 TB external HDD instead of trying to replace ODD with a sata ssd in caddy and is cheaper.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Got it.
So I think I would now wait for FK sale to start tonight at 8. Since the Amazon listing is not of Amazon fulfilled seller.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Found a better alternative:
*www.flipkart.com/hp-15-ryzen-3-dua...10-home-15-db1060au-laptop/p/itm43d4b10227484

This one had 1 TB + 256 GB SSD. Nice isn't it? At the cost of lightweight.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Found a better alternative:
*www.flipkart.com/hp-15-ryzen-3-dua...10-home-15-db1060au-laptop/p/itm43d4b10227484

This one had 1 TB + 256 GB SSD. Nice isn't it? At the cost of lightweight.
You missed my point. Don't buy dual core laptops.
*www.amazon.in/Acer-A515-43-15-6-inch-qual-core-processor/dp/B085YNCJLZ/

Has quad core 3500U, 8GB ram and 512 GB ssd. No amount of extra storage is worth sacrificing a non upgradable core component.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Vyom go with above laptop, it is indeed costlier but has ips screen & trust me that itself is worth extending the budget not to mention it has ryzen 5 quad core & 512gb ssd. Get it from someone having sbi acc & yono app & use your sbi simply click card to get an effective discount of 1900(5% yono cashback)+950(sbi simplyclick 2.5% reward points) so effective final price will be just ~35k.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you look at my original request, I initially wanted to get a laptop for around 30k and for basic usage. Requirement was no gaming or coding or video editing.
So 8K (even if discounts) is a bit overboard.
I know you all have my best interests in mind, but I really think for the requirement, it's became a bit too much.

Still I am thinking about getting it. Afterall, you don't buy a laptop every year. But if I do, I will only get 1k discount. I don't know anyone with Yono app.

Edit: Found Quad core/8 GB/512 GB SSD laptop for below Rs 30K Buy ASUS VivoBook X510QA-EJ202T AMD Quad Core A12-9720P 15.6-inch FHD Thin and Light Laptop (8GB RAM/512GB NVMe SSD/Windows 10/Integrated Graphics/FP Reader/1.70 kg), Gold Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in
If display is ignored, this looks sweet deal?
Edit2: nvm my Edit. It's A series processor.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
f you look at my original request, I initially wanted to get a laptop for around 30k and for basic usage. Requirement was no gaming or coding or video editing.
So 8K (even if discounts) is a bit overboard.
I know you all have my best interests in mind, but I really think for the requirement, it's became a bit too much.

Still I am thinking about getting it. Afterall, you don't buy a laptop every year. But if I do, I will only get 1k discount. I don't know anyone with Yono app.
You don't know anybody with a sbi acc?? They are the biggest bank in India & logically there should be almost nobody who does not know somebody having a sbi acc. You just need a person with sbi acc & a smart phone in which yono can is/can be installed, amazon acc login & card to make the payment will be yours so nothing going from that person's bank acc. You will be extending the budget by 5k which I think is reasonable considering a 3-4 years duration.

Still if you really can't manage the above then I guess just buy the dual core ryzen 3200u laptop with ssd from one of the four suggestions I gave earlier.

Top Bottom