All laptop related queries here!!!

TheSloth

The Slowest One
you can download CPU-Z and check the RAM timings in that. Go to Memory tab and you will see few numbers written in 'Timings' section. Post them here for other members

Mirhawk

Broken In
Screenshot of the memory and spd tab of cpuz attached, please go through it.

Attachments

• cpuz.PNG
    cpuz.PNG
    25.8 KB · Views: 103
  • spd.PNG
    spd.PNG
    28.2 KB · Views: 93

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
My samsung laptop is almost 4 yrs old now. Need a thorough clean inside and new thermal paste has to be applied. The screen is also dying fast. lots of dead pixels on the screen now. So if anyone can tell me a good laptop service center in bangalore i would be thankful. otherwise i will just go to samsung service center. Or shall i buy the new screen and thermal paste and try the DIY way. Have never done this before, been watching videos though.
Sorry if I should not be posting here. Shall I open a new thread for this?

try SP Road. there are many shops there that deal with this. buy the thermal paste before giving laptop for cleaning.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump? Please suggest a RAM anybody, as I'm not able to find any online.

Transcend 8GB DDR3-1333/PC3-10600 Laptop RAM: Amazon.in: Electronic

Brand : Transcend

Model : TS1GSK64V3H

Product Dimensions : 20.5 x 14.7 x 2.5 cm

Series : DDR3-1333/PC3-10600

RAM Size : 8192MB

Memory Storage Capacity : 8GB

Computer Memory Type : 8GB DDR3 1333 SO-DIMM 2R/512Mx8 CL9

Pins : 204-pins

Operating System : Windows, Linux

Voltage : 1.5 Volts

Buffered/Unbuffered : Unbuffered

Compatible Device : Laptop

WARRANTY : 5 Years Transcend India Limited Warranty

verify the clock/timing details

TheSloth

The Slowest One
try SP Road. there are many shops there that deal with this. buy the thermal paste before giving laptop for cleaning.

hey, thanks. but why to buy the thermal paste before giving them for service? I talked to service center, the guy from service center told he has the exact screen right now and he can fix the issue. He said he will also clean the laptop and give. So i palnned to give it to service center and then later after receiving it, i will open laptop to check if he actually cleaned or just said so to me. Then I'll reapply the good quality paste which i [STRIKE]bought[/STRIKE] will buy myself. Good?

Last edited:

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
hey, thanks. but why to buy the thermal paste before giving them for service? I talked to service center, the guy from service center told he has the exact screen right now and he can fix the issue. He said he will also clean the laptop and give. So i palnned to give it to service center and then later after receiving it, i will open laptop to check if he actually cleaned or just said so to me. Then I'll reapply the good quality paste i bought myself. Good?
What paste you getting?

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Guys planning to add ram to my lenovo y50 gt860m model.

Two slots with one empty and the other with a Samsung 8gb (1333 MHz I think though don't remember. Have to open the back and check)

Now I was thinking either:
1. Get one more 8gb module and add it to empty slot - in which case suggestions?

2. If Samsung one is 1333 MHz then get two 8gb sticks at 1600 MHz and replace. Will the clock speed affect gaming much? Also is it possible to dual channel the existing Samsung with another RAM (1333 and 1600 MHz dual chan) ?

Thanks!

Update:

Ordered crucial 8gb ddr3L 1.35v. (Samsung RAM was 1600mhz)

Last edited:

BhargavJ

In the zone
Need an adapter for my Toshiba laptop. The details on the Adapter are:

Name: PA3714U-1ACA REV 02

Input: 100-240 V 1.6 A 50-60 HZ

Output: 19 V 3.42 A

The main power cord that goes from the mains to the adapter has two pins. Nowhere on the adapter does it show the wattage.

I searched directly on amazon, flipkart, etc for the name, but I couldn't find anything made by Toshiba itself. Instead, there were adapters from other companies. Even the Toshiba India website shows only one universal adapter. So how do I get a new one, and roughly how much will it cost?

@pple

Broken In
***URGENT***

1) What is your budget?
50K INR

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
Mostly gamming(Dota2, COD,Battlefield ,Bioshock,Crysis,Tom Clancy,Farcry), watching movies, surfing(Alot!)

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
Intel procc with Nvidia GPU

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like:Asus Dell HP
b. Dislike: Acer Samsung

6) Anything else you would like to say
Battery back up normal (3-4hrs)
Purchase place ( Online FK paytm) /Local croma (India)

TheSloth

The Slowest One
What paste you getting?

Waiting for suggestions actually. And don't seem much options online as only Cooler Master paste is available on Flipkart and Arctic Silver on amazon(which isn't recommended by someone here on TDF for laptops, in Fix laptop overheating thread). Which one you are getting?

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
Waiting for suggestions actually. And don't seem much options online as only Cooler Master paste is available on Flipkart and Arctic Silver on amazon(which isn't recommended by someone here on TDF for laptops, in Fix laptop overheating thread). Which one you are getting?

Try to import IC diamond 7 if you can.

Update: actually it's available on Amazon.in :)

aniketdawn.89

Wise Old Owl
oh. don't know how I missed. I read reviews, sounds good but its not amazon fullified :(
So?

It's the item that matters. As long as it's the real stuff you should be fine. Read some seller reviews.

It's by far one of the best thermal compounds out there.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Laptop Cooler for my Acer Aspire V3-551

Hello everyone.
:wave:

I am considering on purchasing the Deepcool Multi Core X6 cooler, Multi Core X6 DEEPCOOL Laptop Cooler for my Acer Aspire V3-551 laptop. Would this be a good choice, or is a different alternative suggested/recommended?
:chinscratch:

insaneYLN

In the zone
Re: Laptop Cooler for my Acer Aspire V3-551

Hello everyone.
:wave:

I am considering on purchasing the Deepcool Multi Core X6 cooler, Multi Core X6 DEEPCOOL Laptop Cooler for my Acer Aspire V3-551 laptop. Would this be a good choice, or is a different alternative suggested/recommended?
:chinscratch:

Friends, any responses?

Shreya1606

Right off the assembly line
Asus ZenBook UX305CA-FC074T Dual Core - (4 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10) Ultrabook 90NB0AA1-M03540 Rs.52619 Price in India - Buy Asus ZenBook UX305CA-FC074T Dual Core - (4 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10) Ultrabook 90NB0AA1-M03540 Black Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

How is this one?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Asus ZenBook UX305CA-FC074T Dual Core - (4 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10) Ultrabook 90NB0AA1-M03540 Rs.52619 Price in India - Buy Asus ZenBook UX305CA-FC074T Dual Core - (4 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 10) Ultrabook 90NB0AA1-M03540 Black Online - Asus : Flipkart.com

How is this one?
Spec wise not bad. However if there's any gaming planned, it won't be possible. Good for day 'normal' usage.

manu_saraswat

Broken In
Buy Asus ROG GL552VW-CN426T (Intel i7 6700 HQ / 8 GB DDR 4 /1TB HDD / GTX960M 4GB DDR5 / 15.6-inch Full HD Gaming Laptop / WIN 10) Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.i

Anything better than this for the price?

Top Bottom