All laptop related queries here!!!

abhayvir

Broken In
Lenovo y560 (15.6")-- what's your opinion...thinking of buying it.

Am going to buy a laptop and a desktop soon (combined budget 1lakh 25 thousand). I've posted a query for the desktop, need your opinion on the laptop. I am considering following options:

Lenovo y560- 53k (core i5, 500gb, 4gb, radeon 5730)- I like:- JBL speakers and GPU

Acer timelineX 4820TG- 48k (core i5, 500gb, 4gb, radeon 5650)- I like:- GPU and better battery backup

Budget not to exceed 55k (please DO NOT SUGGEST SONY or DELL)

Thanks
Waiting for replies

aniket.cain

Padawan
Of the 2 laptops you are considering, I'd suggest you should go for the Lenovo. It has a bigger screen, better processor, slightly better GPU, a TV-Tuner and better build quality. You can get one without TV tuner for 1.5k less.

Acer is lighter, and has better battery backup. It will be more portable than the Lenovo. So, if you are going to carry it around all the time, then go for it. Otherwise Lenovo would be a better option overall.

aniket.cain

Padawan
I guess you'll be getting 'need more than 10 characters error'. I was facing the same problem as you when creating a new thread. To do so, click once on the A/A button on the top right corner of the text window (so that it is disabled) to switch the editor mode. You'll be able to post a new thread then.

red dragon

Master troll
Lenovo y560 (15.6")-- what's your opinion...thinking of buying it.

Am going to buy a laptop and a desktop soon (combined budget 1lakh 25 thousand). I've posted a query for the desktop, need your opinion on the laptop. I am considering following options:

Lenovo y560- 53k (core i5, 500gb, 4gb, radeon 5730)- I like:- JBL speakers and GPU

Acer timelineX 4820TG- 48k (core i5, 500gb, 4gb, radeon 5650)- I like:- GPU and better battery backup

Budget not to exceed 55k (please DO NOT SUGGEST SONY or DELL)

Thanks
Waiting for replies
Any specific reason to avoid Dell?If it has got something to do with warranty issue and after sales service,you will be massively disappointed with Acer(They are probably the worst when it comes to after sales service).Lenovo`s service is patchy,while it is extremely good for the T series thinkpads,the support for other models is pretty ordinary.

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
laptop suggestions required

budget:40k... (can go upto 42k ... including taxes)

display:15.6 inches

and a discrete graphics card is required as there will be some gaming..
a high end graphics card is not required a radeon 5470 will suffice

so what will be the best buy for 40k?

the laptops i've checked out dell insipiron 15 and studio 15
hp dv6 2113ax , 3057tx
what is the current price of both these hp laptops?

plz give me suggestions from other brands too..

aniket.cain

Padawan
HP DV6 3057TX will be the best option overall. The GPU in it is 5650 which is wayyyyy better than 5470. You will be able to play all the recent games and also upcoming games, which wont be possible with the 5470.
HP has a good build quality, looks awesome, and has very good specs.
The recent price according to HP India's website is 45k. You can get it for lesser from somewhere else. You won't regret a bit for coughing up a couple thousands extra. To sum it up, It is is the best VFM laptop under 45k. Period.

dragonss

Broken In
Hello Everyone......

Thanks 4 d wonderful advices u hav been giving.....

Kindly help me with this issue.......

Advice needed on Laptop.....

BUDGET : 45-50K
Processor: i3-i5-i7
Memory : 4GB (min.)
HDD: 500GB(min.)
15.6 inch
A good Gpu, like, maybe, I dont know, 5650?...wud it do??...

Dell, Sony, Acer, HP....The only options I need.....

Plz suggest sumthing gud....

Moderate gaming is my requirement

techno_savvy81

Right off the assembly line
I have an Acer 5745 laptop. It has the following configuration:
Intel® Core™ i5-450M Mobile Processor
(3MB Intel® Smart Cache, 2.40GHz)
Intel HM55 Chipset
3GB DDR3 SDRAM
Integrated Intel® HD Graphics (Microsoft® DirectX® 10.0 support )
640GB* SATA hard drive, 5400RPM

When I look into the Acer Specifications, I see that the same model (Acer 5745) also comes with Discrete NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 330M graphics/Discrete NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 420M graphics/Discrete NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 425M graphics

Also the drivers for the above mentioned graphics cards are available in the support section for, both Acer 5745 and ACER 5745g models. Incidentally the BIOS versions and corresponding updates, seem to be the same for both.

Since, Intel HM55 chipset supports switchable graphics and all specs for ACER 5745g (the one advertised with switchable graphics) and ACER 5745 are the same, does my laptop support the same too i.e. Is the only difference between the 2 models is that one comes with and the other without a discrete graphics card? Can I go ahead and buy one of the discrete graphics cards from NVIDIA and install it without any significant changes?

Please let me know, if you would need any more information from me.

Regards,
Arijit

Artemis

The Last Puff
Need a sleeve for my MacBook Pro 13”. Looked at the caselogic sleeve costing 1700Rs! That was MRP so you guys know of any place online or in AHMEDABAD(only) where I can get one for a lesser price?

Manickaraj

Broken In
Add a blu ray drive in SONY VAIO

Hi guys. I wanna know if it is possible to add a blu ray drive to this model of sony vaio vpceb26fg. If so wat would be the cost and can i get it done at a sony center?

giprabu

In the zone
A separate thread dint help me.. :(
So posting it again here..

I have chosen the below model .
(Purpose : Normal home/office use with entry level gaming(like fifa 09, cod-4 mwf, nfs-mw)

Lenovo-G560 59-050863
Rs.24790

My concern now is,

#Does this come with a DVD writer ?
#How good is the onboard gfx? (will it play 1080p movie?)
#How worst is the 5400rpm hdd ?(when compared to 7200rpm drives)
#How is the after sales support of lenovo in India ?

#and the most important, what is the back up time given by its 6 cell battery ?

or

shall i switch to Dell(Dell™ Vostro™ 1015) ?

Planning to buy in next few days.. guide me..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
A separate thread dint help me.. :(
So posting it again here..

I have chosen the below model .
(Purpose : Normal home/office use with entry level gaming(like fifa 09, cod-4 mwf, nfs-mw)

Lenovo-G560 59-050863
Rs.24790

My concern now is,

#Does this come with a DVD writer ?
#How good is the onboard gfx? (will it play 1080p movie?)
#How worst is the 5400rpm hdd ?(when compared to 7200rpm drives)
#How is the after sales support of lenovo in India ?

#and the most important, what is the back up time given by its 6 cell battery ?

or

shall i switch to Dell(Dell™ Vostro™ 1015) ?

Planning to buy in next few days.. guide me..

1. Yes. it does come with DVD burner
2. playing 1080p alone shouldn't be an issue. playing it while multitasking can result in stutter.
3. majority of budget laptops comes with 5400rpm drives. so, this shouldn't be an issue.
4. Lenovo has decent A.S.S in India. Though it's not good as Dell's, it should be better than Acer's or HP's.

PS: what config are you getting for Dell Vostro and for how much?

giprabu

In the zone
@desiibond : this is the first ever reply i got in this forum for my laptop queries.. thanks :)

Dell Vostro 1015: (29.7k)

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T6670 (2.2GHz, 2M L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic ( Emerging Market only)
2GB (1X2GB) DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz Memory
15.6 inch Wide Display HD (1366 x 768) with anti-glare
320GB (5400RPM) SATA Hard Drive
8X DVD+/-RW Drive
Mobile Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500MHD
1-Year Limited Warranty (Next Business Day On-site Service)

or

Dell™ Inspiron 15R New Laptop: (32.9k+1.5k(carry case))

Intel® Core™ i3-370M Processor (2.4Ghz, 4Threads,
3M cache)
2GB (1 X 2 GB) 1 DIMM DDR3 1333Mhz
320GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
15.6 Widescreen HD WLED Glossy Display with
TrueLife™ (1366x768)
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 - 512MB
DVD+/-RW Optical Drive For N-series
FreeDOS OS with CD kit

Will the inspiron model be able to run crysis @min gfx ?

and you dint comment anything about the g560's onboard gfx and battery back up ..

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. It should be able to run crysis at minimum settings.

coming to battery backup, these budget laptops with 6 cell battery will give around 2-2.5hr battery backup.

giprabu

In the zone
yes. It should be able to run crysis at minimum settings.

coming to battery backup, these budget laptops with 6 cell battery will give around 2-2.5hr battery backup.

so with an extra 3k, i get better performer than vostro rite ?

now comparing with lenovo's g560.. the former is way too cheaper. If u could state about its gaming performance, i can arrive at some decision .

giprabu

In the zone
don't even think of playing mid to high end games with G560. that onboard at the max can do HD video. :)

fine .. one last query..

Is intel's onboard gfx better than ati HD5470 ? because there are many other models at more or less same price but with intel's graphics solution .

Top Bottom