All laptop related queries here!!!

Please check this out- *www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmarklist.2436.0.html

I've found such benchmarks in some other places too. Even in other places it has been placed at most comparable, but never above the t6600. I'm sortta confused:?

Juz tell me if it is reliable.

Is WEI a good benchmark?

Thnx

WEI is just kinda experience, not exactly a benchmark, just ignore.
for general use you wont see any difference between the compared, if budget is not a concern go for t6600, otherwise go for m500
many of us are using it, no heating probs, it heats only when playing games and thats normal, as last year I bought vostro with c2d , in the time of just installing xp it was throwing damn hot air, so for notebooks this is normal
and dont worry, very much reliable,
and above all these are just basic gaming notebooks not some kinda workstations.

wishmaster.dj

Broken In
ddr2 vs ddr3 in gaming?

Any one has an idea?

Also, for other uses like photoshop etc, how much of an edge will ddr3 have over ddr2?
At this juncture, how wise would it be to go for ddr3, especially when in 6 months ddr3 will dominate the market segment.

tech-layman

I'm techy ;)
ddr2 vs ddr3 in gaming?

Any one has an idea?

Also, for other uses like photoshop etc, how much of an edge will ddr3 have over ddr2?
At this juncture, how wise would it be to go for ddr3, especially when in 6 months ddr3 will dominate the market segment.

Well I think that DDR3 would be better at this point specially because in coming months DDR2 will only get more expensive. Buy DDR2 only if you are sure u might not need any upgradations later. Else you'll have to pay more than you save now. I say it by personal experience. Last time I wasn't this aware about stuff and naively bought DDR2 in its last phase. 2 yrs later during up-gradations I had to pay the price ;-)

me_chirag

Broken In
Hi Guys, I am looking for Dell Studio 15 with Core i7 Processor.
Can anyone suggest about whether to go for core i7 processor or not. because i am not much sure about its performance. So anyone can help out ....!

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

Hi Guys, I am looking for Dell Studio 15 with Core i7 Processor.
Can anyone suggest about whether to go for core i7 processor or not. because i am not much sure about its performance. So anyone can help out ....!

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
core i7 mobile's performance is superb but do make sure that you get a 9-cell battery as this processor sucks lot of power.

squid

Broken In
my friend need a laptop for basic computing (Presentations and some movies). Screen size should be more than 12" preferebly 14". Budget strictly upto 25k, lower is better. Now I got a quotation from *www.zenithpc.com/ for the following configuration.

Product Code -ZENITH ADMIRALE PLUS
Processor -Intel® Pentium T4200 - 2.0 GHz; 1 MB Cache, 800 MHz FSB
Operating System -Free Linux
Chipset -Intel GL 40t {for a List of Certified Zenith Machines Click Here}
Memory -1 GB DDR2
Optical Drive -DVDRW
Web Camera -1.3 Megapixel Camera - Integrated
HDD -320 GB SATA
Display -14.0” 16:9 HD LED backlight
Video Controller -Integrated
Keyboard -T14 Standard Keyboard
Pointing Device -Built-in Touch Pad with 2 click buttons
Communication -Integrated 10/100/1000 Giga LAN Integrated Wireless card
Modem -Built-in Modem
Expansion -PCI Express Card Slot
Memory Card Reader -4-in-1; Supports Memory Stick (MS), MS PRO, Multi Media Card (MMC), Secure Digital (SD) Cards
Audio System -Built-in High Definition Audio – 2 Channel; 2 Stereo Speakers; One Microphone
I/O Ports -CRT Port, 2 USB Port Version 2.0, RJ45 Connector For Ethernet,1 RJ 11 Connector For Modem,2 Audio Jack For Headphone–Out, Mic. In, 1 e-SATA/USB Combo Port
Power Supply -6 cell Li-Ion Battery Pack
Indicators -Power on/Suspend, Battery charging, Wireless LAN, HDD Access, Caps Lock And Num Lock
Security - Kensington Lock Hole
Accessories -Power Cord, System Driver CD, Crocodile Finish Executive Carry Bag
Warranty - One Year Warranty
Price is Rs.24800.

does zenith provide good after sales service. if any other configurations that falls within this budget, please advice

Vivek788

In the zone
Guys I have been looking out for a Dell Studio 15 for sometime now.
It was 57k in site for sometime, and this week it fell to 48k. So,I ordered mine with them over phone @ 47,151 including some additional stuff.
What all will I have to check when its delivered? I am slightly worried that I might not have collected all information before paying. The sales personnel said she will send receipt when full amount is credited to their account.
And the comments posted in the internet about Dell service is worrying me. I want to have a peaceful time after buying it.
Anything specific to lookout for in the process to ensure I am not at any disadvantage?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
don't read those support issue posts. these things happen in every company. all that you need to check is whether all the items mentioned in the bill are provided or not. i have seen the build quality of dell laptops and there is nothing to worry. dell studio is very built model with very good design.

just check for all the things are received as per order, and check if any dead pixels are there on display and the specs match your order and nothing more to check.

Vivek788

In the zone
thanks @desiibon and @azaad_shri75
I have been told that it would be around 7-10 days for shipping..so maybe it will come 1st week of next year.
I am worried coz I had first approached a local dealer and as his claims on colour and accessories didn't match that in site, I cancelled the order I placed with him. But booking charges of 1.5k still with him, and due to holiday season, I can't get to talk to him this week. I really don't want to be swindled off my money :)

tech-layman

I'm techy ;)
The New i3/i5 processors

Anyone has any idea when can we expect the new mobile i3 i5 processors in the INDIAN market?

Can I expect them within a month? What can be the expected pricing of the lappys containing them?

Will it be worth the wait?

Last edited:

solidcode

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,
Need help in selecting a laptop. My requirement is .net programming Vs2008/2010 as well as lots of data processing which will involve indexing. Budget upto 80k but may be stretched to 1L. would prefer standard brands like HP/Dell/Lenovo.
Any guidance would be much appreciated.
Regards

tech-layman

I'm techy ;)
What's up?
none replying for so long?

Can anyone tell me what is the minimum system requirements for good performance by autodesk inventor? Is it memory intensive or processor intensive software?

Last edited:

spartan_117

Broken In
Hey guyz, i need a GAMING laptop under 40k, could you guys suggest a good model?
its gotta be a good config-4gb ram with at least 512 mb graphics..
plz suggest a good model as i need it urgently..

What's up?
none replying for so long?

Can anyone tell me what is the minimum system requirements for good performance by autodesk inventor? Is it memory intensive or processor intensive software?

its more a memory intensive and would work better with any latest dual core and above for better performance, for stand alone without vault and smaller projects , 4gb would suffice and for workstation performance 8-12 gb is bare minimum, and for first case any decent latest 512mb and gpu would suffice and in case of second any pro series from quadro or firegl 512mb and above is required.

Gamerboy

Right off the assembly line
HP pavilion dv6 - 1319TX: Is it worth the money?

Hi,
I am looking for a laptop in the range of 50K. I will use it for gaming among other purposes. I have short-listed dell studio 15 and HP pavilion dv6 - 1319TX, which seem to provide the highest configuration in my price range.

Common specs:
Intel core Duo T6600

Differences(HP has higher)
512MB Graphic card in dell and 1GB graphic card in HP
500GB HD(5400rpm in dell and 7200rpm in HP)
4GB RAM (DDR2 in Dell and DDR3 in HP)

Dell studio 15 comes for around 48k and the HP laptop comes for Rs. 55750/-(enquired from a HP dealer in Mumbai)

My questions are:
1) For the differences as mentioned above, is it worth paying 8k more for the HP laptop?
2)Does HP has any other advantages?(like some features that i failed to notice,better service ,etc.)
3) If I go for the HP one, where can I get it at the minimum price in Mumbai?

Top Bottom