All laptop related queries here!!!

Desiibond:
DV6 2005ax - AMD Turion II Dual Core Mobile Proc. M500@ 2.2 GHz
(AMD 870 Chipset/1MB L2 Cache/Upto 3600MHZ FSB)

DV6 1211ax - AMD Turion X2 Proc. RM 75(2.2GHz)Dual Core
(AMD 770 Chipset/1MB L2 Cache/Upto 3600MHZ FSB)

M series cpus support virtualisation and its not possible in RM series, check out AMD website.

i_love_digit

Right off the assembly line
I'm going to buy myself a new laptop for my MBA degree. price is not an issue. I do a little more inclination towards the sony vaios as i find them very attractive. Now, my nuts are on the vaio x (aka SIZE zero laptop). Now, according to this big review it does not has that nice battery life as advertized on their website.

I won't be doing too much of programming on it as my studies do not involve all that. what I want is good battery life from my laptop. I, initially heard that vaio x would have extremely good battery life, but that is not the case here. I then contacted sony and they told me that I need to buy that one separately. what a rip off! What do u experts suggest?

rang_varma

Broken In
I'm going to buy myself a new laptop for my MBA degree. price is not an issue. I do a little more inclination towards the sony vaios as i find them very attractive. Now, my nuts are on the vaio x (aka SIZE zero laptop). Now, according to this big review it does not has that nice battery life as advertized on their website.

I won't be doing too much of programming on it as my studies do not involve all that. what I want is good battery life from my laptop. I, initially heard that vaio x would have extremely good battery life, but that is not the case here. I then contacted sony and they told me that I need to buy that one separately. what a rip off! What do u experts suggest?
Hey..
You may want to consider the Gigabyte Booktop M1305....
IT is slim and it is in its own class in the CULV segment....
*lh3.ggpht.com/_N_D-iY0FFlk/SwYQRms66KI/AAAAAAAAAEo/WLSj5VfViro/M1305-wall%20paper-8.jpg

*lh3.ggpht.com/_N_D-iY0FFlk/SwYSk7kVajI/AAAAAAAAAFY/pKDgh0GYkNg/M1305-wall%20paper-4.jpg

Unique Feautures.
*Flexi bay : ODD interchangable with an additional Battery when needed.
· *Docking : Upgradable to docking which features a Discreet Graphics card Nvdia GeForce GT220.
*3.5G
* Longer Battery Life 6.5 hrs an additional 3 hrs if use Flexi bay.
·*Face-Recognition software,
·*Fingerprint
*Win 7 starter
*2-year warranty

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
gigabyte is new this laptop making and not sure how their tech support will fare when compared to Dell and other old and major manufacturer.

You better pick one from Dell/Acer/HP/Toshiba.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
suggest a laptop with a total budget of 25k-30k...
my main uses:programing,sumulation,browsing,some times making ppt some slides,optional-i need serial port(or i can buy a converter),some wat good for drawing circuits,decent video playback n graphics card,preferably 13/14 or 15" screen,

so good proci n ram main criteria + wifi+usb

also i need if possible without windows /vista preloaded...to reduce price

any suggestions...wanna buy hp,acer or dell

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
suggest a laptop with a total budget of 25k-30k...
my main uses:programing,sumulation,browsing,some times making ppt some slides,optional-i need serial port(or i can buy a converter),some wat good for drawing circuits,decent video playback n graphics card,preferably 13/14 or 15" screen,

so good proci n ram main criteria + wifi+usb

also i need if possible without windows /vista preloaded...to reduce price

any suggestions...wanna buy hp,acer or dell

Acer 5536 and Compaq Presario CQ60-313AU , acer TravelMate 4530

*h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/WF05a/321957-321957-3329742-89318-89318-3884562.html

*www.acer.co.in/acer/product.do?Lan...d189e.c2att1=158&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=3396777021

*www.acer.co.in/acer/product.do?Lan...d189e.c2att1=158&ctx1.att21k=1&CRC=3396777021

Acer 5536 is available with linux

rang_varma

Broken In
Booktop M1305 Availability

whats the price and screen size of this gigabyte thing? is it avaliable in india.. kolkata to be precise???

This booktop will be available in December. Inspan Infotech is the distributor which is bringing Gigabyte Notebook products into India. Please contact Priya Ltd as well ...

I think it will be on the expensive side if you include docking station...
13.3 inch LED backlit HD
Intel SU 4100
2GB RAM
320 GB HDD
DVD super multi
LAN/WiFi/BT/ 1.3 MP CAM
3G ready
Win 7 Starter
6-cell battery
Docking station

Unique features :

• Flexi bay :DVD interchangable with an additional battery as and when needed easily..

• Docking station : Features a host of ports for multimedia connectivity and contains Nvidia graphics card

• 2 years warranty
  • 3G ready
MRP around $930USD ** docking station is itself 125 USD

*lh4.ggpht.com/_N_D-iY0FFlk/SwzGFTxi4hI/AAAAAAAAANk/yuwcoF_my5U/booktopondock.jpg

it is 13 inch and 14 inch is slated for release as well in a darker color in may be in January....

Gigabyte is one company to watch out for if you want to have a different product and be special among the crowd. ..

Mike84

Broken In
OK.. my friend has narrowed down her choices to one company.. and thats HP. With budget of 35K and ~15" screen.
Can someone give me any suggestion. :)

Mike84

Broken In
Where can i find the proce and specs of dv6z laptops as avaliable in india???
Heard the range starts from 38K... Any one seen any reviews?

EDIT: Is the artist edition avaliable in India??? :)

Last edited:

Mike84

Broken In
This is the spec of dv6z that i got from notebook review.
I read somewhere that is has already launched in india some time back. The final version in india might be a lil different though.

• Processor: 2.1GHz AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 dual core processor
  • Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4530 512MB
  • Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium with SP 1 (32-bit)
  • Screen: 16.0" diagonal High Definition HP Brightview Display (1366x768)
  • Memory: 3GB DDR2 (up to 8GB configurable)
  • Storage: 250GB SATA HDD (5400rpm)
  • Optical Drive: Lightscibe SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
  • Wireless and Communications: 802.11b/g WLAN with Bluetooth
  • Battery: 6-cell Li-Ion (10.8V, 47Wh)
  • Dimensions: 14.9" (W) x 10.2" (D) x 1.4" (min H)/1.7" (max H)
  • Weight: 6.36lbs
  • Warranty: 1-year
  • Price as configured: $774.99

Mike84

Broken In
btw... thanks for the reply rang_varma. adn the really the gigabyte model looks great. :)

but i am going to go with desibond's advise on it. it IS a new company in the field of notebooks... and am not exactly a fan of its desktop parts as well. But who knows.. i mean i am using an MSI notebook myself... :p One year gone and am much happier than many ppl are with acer dell or hp ones. ;)
Still... cant take a risk with someone else's lappie. I would always recommend her something which has a good support backing it up, cause i wont be there to help out with its problems all the time... if u know what i mean.. :)

rang_varma

Broken In
ALL LAPTOP RELATED QUERIES HERE ! ! !

btw... thanks for the reply rang_varma. adn the really the gigabyte model looks great. :)

but i am going to go with desibond's advise on it. it IS a new company in the field of notebooks... and am not exactly a fan of its desktop parts as well. But who knows.. i mean i am using an MSI notebook myself... :p One year gone and am much happier than many ppl are with acer dell or hp ones. ;)
Still... cant take a risk with someone else's lappie. I would always recommend her something which has a good support backing it up, cause i wont be there to help out with its problems all the time... if u know what i mean.. :)

Valid concern,... but Gigabyte holds over 25% market share in Motherboards in India, so they have a good infrastructure in India.
RT outsourcing is their After sales Service provider. RT outsourcing is the largest specialized Service provider in India.

Gigabyte Notebook
inNote Q1580M MRP is 37-88K with
Intel Core 2 Duo T6600,
4 GB RAM,
500 GB HDD
Wifi, LAN, BT, 2.0 MP CAM
Free DOS..
2-year warranty
*lh5.ggpht.com/_N_D-iY0FFlk/Sw-ITJT5IHI/AAAAAAAAAPg/mrhbrJ6ToEg/s576/W576V-01.jpg

inNote Q1580P MRP is 44-46K
Intel Core 2 Duo P8700,
Nvidia GeForce GT 130M
4 GB RAM,
500 GB HDD
Wifi, LAN, BT, 2.0 MP CAM
Free DOS..

2-year warranty

foss_12345

Right off the assembly line
I need a laptop for some basic GNU/Linux programming, reading pdf ebooks, listening songs,
and watching movies. NO GAMES AT ALL.
budget: 25-30k
anyone experts out thr, plz suggest me few options.
thanks in advance.

Top Bottom