All laptop related queries here!!!

gunzz

Broken In
Anybody using Linux (Say Ubuntu 8.10 or 9.04) on Dell Studio laptops? Any issues of drivers for audio, display etc?? I intend going in for Dell Studio 15 and have to use Linux on it.

gunzz

Broken In
Also anyone from Mumbai, please recommend a good laptop dealer (Acer, toshiba, HP etc - with good discounts than in authorised show rooms??) in Mumbai based on your experience, maybe in Lamington road etc.. with whom you have done purchases!!!

moreover, though it is advisable to do Dell purchases online, i have seen many shops in Lamington Road, Mumbai, sell Dell machines off the counter (in sealed/packed condition) with discounts of a couple of thousands that the online listed/configured prices? Any experiences on this?

thanks in advance

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Did anyone order the creative software upgrade with their S1555? If so, could u please upload the CD contents to rapidshare or any other file sharing website?

I want to run the software as trial and invest on it, if it is worthy enough.

PS: I do not want your serial key, i just need the utility. It is actually a 30 day trial. :)

techno0065

Broken In
hey guys m new to laptop gaming....do u guys ysually use an external keyboard mouse for gaming on da lappy???....n will my logitech wireless keyboard mouse work fine wid ma dell studio??..plz advise

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
hey guys m new to laptop gaming....do u guys ysually use an external keyboard mouse for gaming on da lappy???....n will my logitech wireless keyboard mouse work fine wid ma dell studio??..plz advise

what game do u play ??

use any USB keyboard , if u using Desktop gaming then u can opt for higher end keyboard this is Ok ,, any Cordless or corded

Mike84

Broken In
Hi Guys,
Am having a strange problem... Can someone please help me???
I have an MSI GX720 Laptop for 5 months now, and it is running great with the vista home premium provided with it.
The strange problem is that... i cannot upgrade my Nvidia driver. the 176.XXX version provided with it works... but when i download the latest ones from nvidia after the activeX scanning from the nvidia site even, its not working... While installing it is only recognizing the HD audio drivers and upgrading it. Its not detecting any gcard hardware on the system(the setup). There is no problem with install, as all games and gpuz are detecting the card perfectly and it is also working great without a single glitch so far...
Any ahs any idea about this issue???
Am playing Lost Planet adn i think upgrading the driver will improve performance... Its running great anyways... just want to shift to high gear on the eye candy part.. ;)

gunzz

Broken In
Hi Friends
Anybody using the Acer Travelmate 5730?? Want to go in for the same. any reviews/experiences?
TIA
- Gunzz

apacheman

Journeyman
I've got an internal SATA HDD, I wanna connect it to my laptop which has an eSATA port, how do i do that? is there some kinda cable for that sorta connection?
lemme know please...

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Hii..ereryone..

I got another laptop to talk about..
Wish to buy it..but m confused..So help meh..

Should i get the
Dell Studio 15 with T8600 and 512 MB of ATI RADEON 4570(No touch bottons or Remote or LED's or Dedicated buttons for Wifi and Bluetooth)

or the

HP Pavillion dv6-1110AX Portable with
AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-74(2.2GHz,1MB L2 Cache,Up to 3600 MHz FSB,64-bit)
15'5"" HD widescreen
4GB(800MHz) RAM
320GB HD
*"ATI Radeon HD 4650 with 1GB dedicated Graphics"*

Basically i am confused because of the processor,should i get an AMD over C2D or not..
No dought the GPU is far more better..

So plzz lemme know ur views over AMD procc..

thetillian

The Revolutionary
Hii..ereryone..

I got another laptop to talk about..
Wish to buy it..but m confused..So help meh..

Should i get the
Dell Studio 15 with T8600 and 512 MB of ATI RADEON 4570(No touch bottons or Remote or LED's or Dedicated buttons for Wifi and Bluetooth)

or the

HP Pavillion dv6-1110AX Portable with
AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-74(2.2GHz,1MB L2 Cache,Up to 3600 MHz FSB,64-bit)
15'5"" HD widescreen
4GB(800MHz) RAM
320GB HD
*"ATI Radeon HD 4650 with 1GB dedicated Graphics"*

Basically i am confused because of the processor,should i get an AMD over C2D or not..
No dought the GPU is far more better..

So plzz lemme know ur views over AMD procc..

Bro, i heard that AMD processors get more hot than Intel's (I only heard from some one). So to india's temp intel are best i think. But Look before you leap

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Bro, i heard that AMD processors get more hot than Intel's (I only heard from some one). So to india's temp intel are best i think. But Look before you leap

Still...d confusion exists..wht to buy...n wht to leave>.???

varunparakh

Gamer in me
I am inclined towards the HP one..HP are also giving a lappy..dnt noe the model no..
with C2D t6200 i sppse or may b 8600..and 512 mb Nvidia 9600GT

drsubhadip

In the zone
I want to buy a gaming laptop with budget around 40 to 45 thousand rs
can any one help to buy it
which company do i go
Dell :),hp, hcl, acer, or zenith
what is ur suggestion
help me please
well it has to be having a graphiz card

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
there is one in Zenith but I don't trust it's reliability.

For Dell/HP, you need to put atleast 55k for a good gaming laptop.

check these:

1) Dell Studio 15
2) Lenovo Ideapad Y430 (comes with c2d and 9300M) only for casual gaming
3) Dell Studio XPS with HD4570 ( i think)
4) HP pavilion dv5
5) ASUS and MSI gaming series notebooks.

Top Bottom