• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

All laptop related queries here!!!

techno0065

Broken In
hi guys...i got my studio 15 today...its awesome bt i hve found it heats up quickly...even in an ac room it heats up fast...how to prevent it frm heating too much?? n wht r some initial tweaks i do wid da lappy lik in da graphics dept..etc..for good performance...i want to retain da original windows vista...n r dere ne sort of updates of ne drivers available i need to install on my new dell studio 1555???

soham

In the zone
Hey guys, can anyone tell me how good is the ACER 5738G which has been recently launched. Price is around 41k. The configuration is as follows:

CPU: Intel Core2 Duo CPU T6400 (2 MB L2 cache, 2 GHz, 800 MHz, 35 W),supporting Intel 64 architecture
Screen: 15.6 inch HD 1366 x 768 pixel resolution, high-brightness (220-nit) Acer CineCrystal
Memory: 4 GB DDR3 1067 MHz RAM
Operating System: Genuine Vista Home Premium
Hard Disk: 320 GB HDD
Optical Drive: 8X DVD Super Multi double-layer drive
Wifi: Yes
Bluetooth: 2.0+EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
Modem: (RJ 11) port
USB: 4 USB 2.0 ports
Audio: Dolby 8-optimized surround sound system with two built-in stereo speakers
Graphics: nVidia GeForce 512MB VRAM - Dedicated Graphics
Carrybag: Yes
Battery: 6 cell Lithium Ion battery
Warranty: 1 Year Limited International Travelers Warranty
Camera: Integrated Acer Crystal Eye high-def webcam, featuring 640 x 480 @ 30 fps
Others: HDMI port with HDCP support,(VGA) port, Microphone-in jack, Ethernet (RJ-45) port,Headphone/speaker

acer-aspire-5738g.jpeg

acer5738g.jpg

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
@techno0065 in an AC room it may seem like the laptop is heating up a lot....but check the temperature that the processor and all are running at (use everest or something like that ) before you decide to invest in a laptop cooler. as per my experience the lap does not heat all that much ...

techno0065

Broken In
@techno0065 in an AC room it may seem like the laptop is heating up a lot....but check the temperature that the processor and all are running at (use everest or something like that ) before you decide to invest in a laptop cooler. as per my experience the lap does not heat all that much ...
yeah i think in an ac room lappy tend to feel heating up too much...i can certainly do widout a cooler...btw can u tell me ne driver updates as i mentioned before for my studio wich will enhance da gaming capabilties and overall performance of da sysytem n som tips to speed up da vista...i want to stick to vista only

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
the latest updates are all available on the dell website under the support...the whole set is around 600MB ...and to really enhance gaming turn off all the bells and whistles of vista ...there are detailed tutorials and softwares for it on the net....

BTW: try a game first..the lap gives pretty good performance even without any tweaking ...

gunzz

Broken In
Anybody using Linux (Say Ubuntu 8.10 or 9.04) on Dell Studio laptops? Any issues of drivers for audio, display etc?? I intend going in for Dell Studio 15 and have to use Linux on it.

gunzz

Broken In
Also anyone from Mumbai, please recommend a good laptop dealer (Acer, toshiba, HP etc - with good discounts than in authorised show rooms??) in Mumbai based on your experience, maybe in Lamington road etc.. with whom you have done purchases!!!

moreover, though it is advisable to do Dell purchases online, i have seen many shops in Lamington Road, Mumbai, sell Dell machines off the counter (in sealed/packed condition) with discounts of a couple of thousands that the online listed/configured prices? Any experiences on this?

thanks in advance

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz
Did anyone order the creative software upgrade with their S1555? If so, could u please upload the CD contents to rapidshare or any other file sharing website?

I want to run the software as trial and invest on it, if it is worthy enough.

PS: I do not want your serial key, i just need the utility. It is actually a 30 day trial. :)

techno0065

Broken In
hey guys m new to laptop gaming....do u guys ysually use an external keyboard mouse for gaming on da lappy???....n will my logitech wireless keyboard mouse work fine wid ma dell studio??..plz advise

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
hey guys m new to laptop gaming....do u guys ysually use an external keyboard mouse for gaming on da lappy???....n will my logitech wireless keyboard mouse work fine wid ma dell studio??..plz advise

what game do u play ??

use any USB keyboard , if u using Desktop gaming then u can opt for higher end keyboard this is Ok ,, any Cordless or corded

Mike84

Broken In
Hi Guys,
Am having a strange problem... Can someone please help me???
I have an MSI GX720 Laptop for 5 months now, and it is running great with the vista home premium provided with it.
The strange problem is that... i cannot upgrade my Nvidia driver. the 176.XXX version provided with it works... but when i download the latest ones from nvidia after the activeX scanning from the nvidia site even, its not working... While installing it is only recognizing the HD audio drivers and upgrading it. Its not detecting any gcard hardware on the system(the setup). There is no problem with install, as all games and gpuz are detecting the card perfectly and it is also working great without a single glitch so far...
Any ahs any idea about this issue???
Am playing Lost Planet adn i think upgrading the driver will improve performance... Its running great anyways... just want to shift to high gear on the eye candy part.. ;)

gunzz

Broken In
Hi Friends
Anybody using the Acer Travelmate 5730?? Want to go in for the same. any reviews/experiences?
TIA
- Gunzz

apacheman

Journeyman
I've got an internal SATA HDD, I wanna connect it to my laptop which has an eSATA port, how do i do that? is there some kinda cable for that sorta connection?
lemme know please...

varunparakh

Gamer in me
Hii..ereryone..

I got another laptop to talk about..
Wish to buy it..but m confused..So help meh..

Should i get the
Dell Studio 15 with T8600 and 512 MB of ATI RADEON 4570(No touch bottons or Remote or LED's or Dedicated buttons for Wifi and Bluetooth)

or the

HP Pavillion dv6-1110AX Portable with
AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-74(2.2GHz,1MB L2 Cache,Up to 3600 MHz FSB,64-bit)
15'5"" HD widescreen
4GB(800MHz) RAM
320GB HD
*"ATI Radeon HD 4650 with 1GB dedicated Graphics"*

Basically i am confused because of the processor,should i get an AMD over C2D or not..
No dought the GPU is far more better..

So plzz lemme know ur views over AMD procc..

Top Bottom