All laptop related queries here!!!

OP
I

indro

In the zone
Here is something interesting , whoever is interested in buying in a laptop, the AMD Turion 64 chips is quite a thing in the market as more and more vendors are gradually going into making lappy's with th new chip in the market .

More Pics : )

IMG tags removed from the pics.
Edited: Sourabh

*www.amdzone.com/pics/amd/techtour/summer2005dallas/P1010136.JPG
*www.amdzone.com/pics/amd/techtour/summer2005dallas/P1010137.JPG
*www.amdzone.com/pics/amd/techtour/summer2005dallas/P1010212.JPG
*www.amdzone.com/pics/amd/techtour/summer2005dallas/P1010220.JPG
*www.amdzone.com/pics/amd/techtour/summer2005dallas/P1010222.JPG
*www.amdzone.com/pics/amd/techtour/summer2005dallas/P1010230.JPG

Enjoy !!

super_i_man

Broken In
thanks boss for the photos, for me it was ok, the photos did not take any time at all for downloading, but i think the dial up users might have some problems in viewing them!

premrajeev

Journeyman
O'boy.......Those photos were huge......

i know many users who struggled to view them...so next time, reduce the size to a max 640 by 480...which will be decent enough ..

Thanks for the show..

rohanbee

Padawan
Good pics!!!
but wow are they huge or what.............
my net connection was slow and it took me ages to open them,

Sourabh

Laptoping
naah seriously edit ur post

and post thumbnials or lower resolution pics

these are huge!! if a dialup or someone who has data transfer limited broadband, he wod be screwed

or just post the links :|

sumitava_b

In the zone
Hey, indro..nice pics!!

Rohan, I am waiting for the review of ur new machine, inspi9300. How is it performing? must be rocking :p

OP
I

indro

In the zone
Aspire 3002LCi; Mobile AMD® Sempron Processor 2800+ (1.60GHz); 256MB DDR-333 RAM; 40GB 4,200RPM Hard Drive; Combo 8x24x24x24 DVD-ROM/CD-RW Drive; Integrated 3D AGP Graphics Chipset; 10/100 Network Adapter; 802.11b/g Wireless Network Adapter; 15.0" XGA Display; Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (SP2)
Price - 499$ ( Steller )

*www.acer.co.in/images/tm2300.jpg

Sourabh

Laptoping
Indro,

The Aspire 3002LCi isnt available in India. Wht however is available in India is Aspire 3002 NLC which has the same features as what u mentioned except the Wi-Fi, and XP HOME SP2

The pic you have posted says travelmate, but most acer laptops except Ferrari Series and Tablet PC have the same body that goes without saying :d

rohanbee

Padawan
Are these loans being offered by computer companies or third party?? I didn't know that computer companies were doing this ??

magnet

Youngling
i was reading at reviews...........according to them amd is still way behind......intel in laptop dept...there turion also doesnt provide any big adv in laptop dept...they stated that the k8 architecture of amd mad it easy to transform it into laPPY...

super_i_man

Broken In
Please Help:

My friend has a Jaguar M270S Laptop. He needs its sound card driver, as he has lost the driver CD. Can any one tell me where can we download the audio drivers from internet. The name of the sound card may be Avance AC97, we dont know exact name.

jugaaru

Right off the assembly line
HP Pavilion dv4000

I was trying to connect my Nokia 7610 with my laptop HP Pavilion dv4000 using bluetooth, but no luck, how do I know my laptop has is bluetooth enabled? Is there any software for it.

rohanbee

Padawan
Does your laptop have a blue tooth device in it. Usually it is a ad on? or are you using a dongle. If you are then it should show? i have win xp and mine comes on whenever i use the dongle. Also you need your software to connect and sync it with your pc.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
some basic points...

one way to check for bluetooth is to see in the device manager.

also some thots:
if raw power is wot you are looking for (DTRs), nothing can beat the P4s! but in case of power consumptions they are the biggest suckers and the current generation of AMDs are no better. but amd is improving on the new turions. so if battery life is wot is imp for you nothing can beat the Pentium-M processors. but i'd say from my personal experience P4 beats all processors in the gaming arena. i am using my laptop for an year now and the only sore point in this laptop is the ati radeon igp345m. but nevertheless its a great laptop and still very much powerful wid its 2.8ghz Moblie P4 CPU. i'm a casual gamer anyway. but i can run NFS UG2 wid average setting @ 800x600. thats pretty decent. btw i dun intend to play doom3 on this laptop!!! if you want a DTR (desktop replacemnt) i'd suggest the following minimum config:

P4 3.0ghz upwards, 512mb ddr(2) ram, 60+ gb hdd, nvidia 6200 go upwards or ati mobility 9700 or x200 upwards. other parts depend on ur requitements (for eg a combo/dvd rw, bluetooth, screen size etc.)

that should be the minimum you should be looking for. over and above is ur choice. i must say that the ati radeon mobility 9700 is a chip wid a hell lot of potential!

one thing i wish to say is that i see absolutely no use of wi-fi presently here in india unless of corz if ur company provides it! rite now the wifi access costs are alarmingly high here and unfortunately not everywhere u find wifi hotspots. so i'd say not to go in for wifi cards if possisble. i've seen many models now that feature only the pentium-m cpu wid out the intel pro wireless card. i'd recommand that (so the model is essentially not marketted as a centrino). you anyway have a mini-pci slot and this card can be plugged in anytime. this comes in response to intel's latest addition of some feature to its 2200 series wifi cards thru a driver and software update. however the older 2100 series cards are not supported! (dun ask me how or why, you can find it out urself if you do a bit of searching on the net). thus at the end of the day the person who has the 2100 series card is a loser while a 2200 series owner is benifitted free of cost. so it pays to wait and get things when you really feel the need.

bluetooth cellphone users should definitely go in for a built in bluetooth module. that saves them a lot of hassles, as i am facing now. also make sure you have a good audio chipset onboard (dun expect a 5.1 channel soundcard but at least a faithful audio production chipset)

the new pentium-m 780 is out and it is supposed to be a killer performer. but as usual its price is very high. its not yet launched here i guess (anyway if you are adventerous enough you can pin-mod ur pentium-m!!!)

also one important thing for gaming is the native resolution of the screen. as someone pointed it out the native res and gaming res need to match. consider this: the tft lcd has a native res of 19xx X 12xx and the gpu is an ati radeon 9100igp or of the same class. then is a perfect mismatch! the screen wont show anything fullscreen clearly other than the native res and the gpu (or igp) here is not powerful enough to run the game in the lcd's native res. so one needs to be careful about this!

last but not the least is the warranty thingy! unlike desktops where warranty is not a big concern (unless of corz if you are extremely numbwit or a hardware freak who fiddles tooo much wid hardware), for a laptop this aspect is very important. since laptops are basically mobile devices they go thru lotsa hardships and are prone to go to service centers. so i'd be wise to check out the after sales support and serivce of the company. in the quest to save some money you may have to shell out much more for service afterwards in case of a bad or a very far away serivce centre! i think these are the basic points anyone should consider before buying a laptop.

Top Bottom