All laptop related queries here!!!

sumitava_b

In the zone
premrajeev said:
ny one going for a new laptop must choose the centrino platform (if u r an intel FAN) and not p4. It's more cool, powerful and eats up less battery.Also, u will get wireless conncetivity.

To choose a centrino platform, u need not to be an intel fan. Because Athlon is best (with controversy!!) in desktop section only. In laptop platform, athlon does not yet give a tough competition to centrino. With its less hunger for power and wi-fi connectivity, centrino rulez here...

premrajeev

Journeyman
yeah at least for the time . We will wait and see....I know AMD people are not sleeping out there..It's just about time...

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
i got a sony vaio with P4 1.6 gigs centrino,15.4" wxga wide screen x balck lcd,dvd rw,wifi,lancard and all and it rocks. much better than amd i guess.

sumitava_b

In the zone
mariner said:
i got a sony vaio with P4 1.6 gigs centrino,15.4" wxga wide screen x balck lcd,dvd rw,wifi,lancard and all and it rocks. much better than amd i guess.

Yeah, at any particular price, centrino will be better than products from AMD. However how much did u pay for this?

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
hii guyz
well i m planning to buy a lappy-dell inspiron 6000 which will cost me around 55 excluding taxes(saw dat in the digit june 2005).so juz wanna kno is it a gud deal?as i wont b able to go for lappy more then 60k.and i'll b playing loads of games so wanna know bout some graphic card for it as it has a 915 chipset so i guess hav to go a pci-e card so need some suggestion bout the cards from cheapest to medium range wid price if u guyz can as well as model.and wat do u guyz think can i get a betta lappy in 60k then dell ins 6000?
thanx in advance.

sumitava_b

In the zone
Aniruddh, nice to hear that u r planning for a 6000, like me too. I found it very much VFM (value for money) at such a low price. But actually I am planning for some updates in the config, like hdd, optical drive, ram, graphics card etc. They will make me shelling out something around 80K.

About the graphic card, Dell is giving u option to upgrade it to ATI radeon X300 64/128 mB. This card will be a decent one for playing all sort of games except the high-end ones, like Doom3. Dont forget to get a external mouse if u wanna play games for long hours.

If anybody knows how much extra bucks Dell is charging for this particular update of graphics card, please post it.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
sumitava_b well ya this is the best one can get in 55k.if i ask dell people to make some changes for me b4 buyin it will de do it?and wat changes u r gonna make which will cost u 80k i mean so much?eva i'll like to make some changes like 60gb,graphic card,and yaa mouse.wats optical drive?

sumitava_b

In the zone
Well, to upgrade ur config, u have to ask for a quotation in the Indian dell site, as there is no option for upgrading the system online and know the estimates simultaneously like in other country's dell site. After that they will contact u either by mail or phone for details.

However, I estimated 80K including taxes and all. Otherwise it wud have been 70-72K before tax. My prefered config for dell ins6000 is like:

Intel Pentium M Processor 730 (1.60GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
512MB Shared DDR2 533MHz SDRAM (2 DIMMs)
15.4" XGA LCD Panel
128MB ATI Mobility Radeon X300Video Card
80GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive
Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
8X DVD+/-RW Drive (Optical Drive)
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 (802.11b/g) Internal Wireless
80 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery
Windows XP Home

Till now I havnt ask for a quotation from dell. After getting it, if the estimate crosses my limit, I may have to cut down some upgrades.

sumitava_b

In the zone
premrajeev said:
why winxp home instead of proff ??

only bcoz it's costlier or any reasons other than that ?

cost is the only contraints, otherwise I could have taken a lot better system like ins9300.... :cry: :cry:

Any how, can u tell me the xtra cost to pay if I go for proff?

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
hii guyz
can any one suggest me a gud lappy under 60k?basically i'll be playing loads of games,surfing,movies...i want atleast 15''inch screen...i know my budget is quite less for all those things but still if any one can help me out then plz i'll b thankful.centrino 1.5 min,40-60GB hdd,512ram,CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo.and yaa i'll like to hav a card for it and it wont be included in 60k i'll buy it seperatly.so temme sum gpu for lappy from cheapest to mid range and if possible then plz wid model and price.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
eva i thought of going for a DELL Inspiron 6000 but afta few changes it was going beyond my budget.i neva thought nor i m a any fan of ACER and have any idea bout it but dun mav much choice wat u guyz hav to say bout ACER TravelMate 4150?it will cost me bout 47k includin taxes.or i can get a betta lappy then that of acer plz suggest me..
thanx in advance...

super_i_man

Broken In
Aniruddh said:
hii guyz
can any one suggest me a gud lappy under 60k?basically i'll be playing loads of games,surfing,movies...i want atleast 15''inch screen...i know my budget is quite less for all those things but still if any one can help me out then plz i'll b thankful.centrino 1.5 min,40-60GB hdd,512ram,CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo.and yaa i'll like to hav a card for it and it wont be included in 60k i'll buy it seperatly.so temme sum gpu for lappy from cheapest to mid range and if possible then plz wid model and price.

Boss, please dont mind but pls dont do cross posts. Post your question in only thread, thats a lot easyer for us.

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
hii guyz i cousin from US has mailed me and hav given this config for a dell lappy:-
Inspiron 6000 :-
Inspiron 6000D Intel® Pentium® M Processor 750 (1.86 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
Operating System Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Display 15.4 inch UltraSharp WSXGA+ LCD Panel
Memory 1GB DDR2 SDRAM 2 Dimms
Video Card 128MB DDR ATI's MOBILITYâ„¢ RADEON X300 PCI Express x16 Graphics
Hard Drive 60GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
Network Card Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
Combo/DVD+RW Drives 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer write capability
Wireless Networking Card Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915 Internal Wireless (802.11 a/b/g, 54Mbps)
Battery 9-cell Lithium Ion Battery (80 WHr)
Bluetooth Wireless Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Internal(2.0 + Enhanced Data Rate)
Floppy Drive and Other Home Setup Accessories Dell A425 Speakers
Media Center Enhancements TV Tuner w/ Remote Control
Security Software McAfee Security Center with VirusScan, Firewall, Spyware Removal, 15-months
Digital Imaging Photo Albumâ„¢ SE Basic
Digital Music Musicmatch® Jukebox Basic
No productivity suite - Corel WordPerfect word processor only
Adobe Software Adobe® Acrobat® Reader 6.0

And this will cost me around 79800 RS.
i guess this is the best i can get for that amount.wat u guyz hav to say?
there r few other options available like 14.1 display,1.6 400MHz fsb 512 ddr2,40GB (5400)HDD,64MB X300 Card,CD-RW/DVD Combo,Without speakers and headphone,no tv-tuner with remote,Windows XP Home Edi,6 cell battery for 13000 less then that,dat means around 65-66k.

sumitava_b

In the zone
Aniruddh, u r confusing me. Few hours before u were crying over ur budget limit (60K) and u were actually pressing over the budget. Now u r telling that u r thinking for a system at 80K :roll: :roll: :roll:

How ever, if u can stretch ur budget more, get a 9300 from US....absolutely a xps gen2 for the poor!! It rocks.........

Otherwise ur config is not a bad choice at all. Go for it if ur dad allows :wink:

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
@sumitava_b :D
hahaha :lol: i knew u r gonna say that and i was writting bout that in my last post but then i thought why to write all that unless sumone ask me bout dat and as u askin me well i m gonna giv my cousin 65k rite now and other 15 will c later i mean will giv her later.or else if that does happens then i hav to stick wid the other option the cheaper one.what do u think bout the other option not gr8 but not that bad at all at that price isnt it?well eva now i m gettin very confused lets c wat happens.
sumitava and others plz keep on givin me suggestions and all it wud help me a lot as dun hav much idea bout lappys.

sumitava_b

In the zone
Understood the scenario, Aniruddh. Well, ur 2nd config is not at all bad, specially if u get ur graphics card with 128 mb instead of 64. Its very much okay system to get a near-super performance. U can play all the directX8.0 based games with great fps. For directX9.0 based games like doom3, its still playable with mid resolution.

In the first config, floppydrive is really useless today. Get a USB memory stick instead. There is a review of 6000 recently sent by er.darshan (I know u have seen it). He says the internal speakers of it are quite good. I think, u dont need external ones. And think about tv-tuner card also. Do u need it in ur laptop really?

As nemesis said, dell US site is really wonderful. there u can configure the system online and see the total price. Check it out.

Top Bottom