All laptop related queries here!!!

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Hmm actually my use case is not gaming it's content creation. I was thinking of going with 3050ti to get a beefier cpu for rendering workloads.
Legion 5 5800h/3050ti is a bit higher at 103k.

Hmm actually my use case is not gaming it's content creation. I was thinking of going with 3050ti to get a beefier cpu for rendering workloads.
Legion 5 5800h/3050ti is a bit higher at 103k.
Then go ahead with Legion 5 with R7 5800H, make sure it has 100% sRGB display. The 120Hz one is 70% sRGB.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
10870h/ 3060 helios is 99.9k with a 115w gpu and a 100% srgb screen.
11800h/3050ti helios is 99.9k with an 85w gpu and a quad hd display with 100 % dci p3.
5800h/3050ti legion was 103k on FP but is now oos.
This same legion is 113k on amazon and 116k on lenovo website.
Which one to pick?

10870h/ 3060 helios is 99.9k with a 115w gpu and a 100% srgb screen.
11800h/3050ti helios is 99.9k with an 85w gpu and a quad hd display with 100 % dci p3.
5800h/3050ti legion was 103k on FP but is now oos.
This same legion is 113k on amazon and 116k on lenovo website.
Which one to pick?
R7 5800H is the best CPU among those followed by i7 11800H. 3060 Helios 300 is easily the best choice for gaming. Decide based on your budget. With Helios 300, you get 1x16GB stick, so easier to get to 32GB. If you are into content creation using Adobe suite, Helios 300 with i7 11800H should suffice.
Check Adobe benchmarks in that video ^^

andy_65_in

Padawan
which non chinese laptop for daily average use...windows 11,8GB RAM,extended warantee option,no chinese type spyware??,min 256 ssd..required for daily use plus surfing ...ms office preferred,15 inch screen...currently with a ASUS 15 inch laptop...budget 50K

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
which non chinese laptop for daily average use...windows 11,8GB RAM,extended warantee option,no chinese type spyware??,min 256 ssd..required for daily use plus surfing ...ms office preferred,15 inch screen...currently with a ASUS 15 inch laptop...budget 50K
Fill the questionnaire and use complete sentences.

andy_65_in

Padawan
What is your budget? (INR or USD)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
surfing mostly,netbanking.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
8 GB RAM,minimum 256 SSD,backlit preferred,ms office preferred,windows 11,extended warantee option required..min imum 3 years

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: any non chinese brand
b. Dislike: chinese brands

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • no

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
What is your budget? (INR or USD)

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
surfing mostly,netbanking.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?
8 GB RAM,minimum 256 SSD,backlit preferred,ms office preferred,windows 11,extended warantee option required..min imum 3 years

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: any non chinese brand
b. Dislike: chinese brands

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • no

check this

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Are these MSI laptops good buys considering the specs for the price (extra 5K discount)
MSI Bravo and MSI GF63 Thin
Heard bad things about MSI aftersales in India so not sure.
Asking for a friend, basic day to day usage with mid-high level gaming.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Hello,Friends,I had inadvertently fell a small square shaped sponge pad which was attached on the inside of back cover of my HP 15s-gr0010au laptop, after I opened the back cover and affixed it again.
The small sponge pad was found lying on my desk,after I screwed back everything along with the back cover and rubber strips properly.
Will it do any damage to my laptop?
I mean,will there be any sort of issues arising due to the small sponge pad not present inside the inner surface of back cover?

Please,guide and teach me.:chinscratch:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I don't think so but that largely depends on the component that the sponge was in contact with. The sponge is generally used to keep a component in a down position.

I think it would be better if you reattach the sponge where you think it fell off from.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
I don't think so but that largely depends on the component that the sponge was in contact with. The sponge is generally used to keep a component in a down position.

I think it would be better if you reattach the sponge where you think it fell off from.
Thanks, @Desmond for the reply.
But the fact is that this laptop's body is fully made up of plastic,not only it is difficult to open the backcover(quite tedious),but there is a bit of apprehension that the backcover or the lower body of the laptop might break???!!!

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
No issues buddy. Just apprehensive that whether any issue will arise in the future. That's it.
For me also MSI NVME cooler sponge got separated when I was replacing the mobo but no issues arose out of it though.

If any one wants to buy NVME Cooler then which one is cheaper & good.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
I haven't found any specific models for laptops. Do you know what is the max thickness a cooler should be to fit in the laptop chassis.

Top Bottom