All laptop related queries here!!!

and what are other specs ie, whether exclusive graphics card of 256 mb is provided or using the on board memory, and what about dl dvd writer, if your budget permits upgrade your cpu to t7200.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
manoj_299 said:
I've plan to get 6400.

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_6400?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd&~ck=mn
Click customize to see product.
I reqested for quotation and Dell called me and talked 45 mins. I Asked for VAT off and referencing I have friend in Delhi using 6400 Name Ganesh :) he got VAT off but he said he would paid higher price at that time price the price was higher. Now he cant make the VAT off. If you can PM me detail about you I can ask him saying your reference that you gave letter that you want for personal use.

The quoted price:
Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo Processor T2450
Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Basic 32 bit (English)
1 Year Next Business Day (8x5) Onsite Response (Parts + Labour)
1GB (2 X 512MB) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
with Trulife monitor.

*pic1.picbin.net/direct/fvf0gjc.jpg
U r not getting any favour frm them! It is legal for us to get exempted from VAT... VAT is applicable only if U r going to buy and resell them...

Check ur PM...:)

manoj_299

Out of Stock
azaad_shri75 said:
and what are other specs ie, whether exclusive graphics card of 256 mb is provided or using the on board memory, and what about dl dvd writer, if your budget permits upgrade your cpu to t7200.

I hardly reached this budget. Upgrading Processor Is very expensive here. I am not going to upgrade it. And whatever is my works with this laptop I think this processor is more than enough. I am still using my PIII 1.13 with 256 RAM and 120 GB HDD. I am providing you other specs....

Intel Core Duo T2450
2.0 GHz, 2MB Cache, 533 MHz FSB

Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 (+Rs. 7621)
1.66 GHz, 2MB Cache, 667 MHz FSB

Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 (+Rs. 11929)
1.83 GHz, 2MB Cache, 667 MHz FSB

"Does Core Duo and Core2Duo different? What difference"

Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Basic 32 bit (English/Hindi) DVD Media

1 ExpressCard Slot, (DOES NOT SUPPORT PCMCIA CARDS)

Artic Silver with Alpine White accents on a black base

Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet

Intel(R) 945 Chipset Family

Integrated Stereo Sound

Dell(TM) Media Direct 3.0

Internal 56K Modem

Dell(TM) PC-Restore

15.4" Wide Screen XGA TFT Display with Truelife(TM) 1280x800

Intel(R) Media Accelerator 950 Graphics Up to 224MB shared system memory

No Floppy Drive

80GB SATA Hard Drive

Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities. Roxio Creator 9.0

Dell(TM) Network Assistant - 90 days Trial

Dell(TM) Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 802.11a/g 54Mbps Wireless Mini Card

6-cell 53Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery + 65W AC Adapter

DELL Large Nylon Case.

I have provided all info.

@Ganesh, Thanks for PM. Did you buy the same config or the config with fast processor. When did you buy and how much it costs you.

manoj_299 said:
I hardly reached this budget. Upgrading Processor Is very expensive here. I am not going to upgrade it. And whatever is my works with this laptop I think this processor is more than enough. I am still using my PIII 1.13 with 256 RAM and 120 GB HDD. I am providing you other specs....

Intel Core Duo T2450
2.0 GHz, 2MB Cache, 533 MHz FSB

Intel Core 2 Duo T5500 (+Rs. 7621)
1.66 GHz, 2MB Cache, 667 MHz FSB

Intel Core 2 Duo T5600 (+Rs. 11929)
1.83 GHz, 2MB Cache, 667 MHz FSB

"Does Core Duo and Core2Duo different? What difference"

Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Basic 32 bit (English/Hindi) DVD Media

1 ExpressCard Slot, (DOES NOT SUPPORT PCMCIA CARDS)

Artic Silver with Alpine White accents on a black base

Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet

Intel(R) 945 Chipset Family

Integrated Stereo Sound

Dell(TM) Media Direct 3.0

Internal 56K Modem

Dell(TM) PC-Restore

15.4" Wide Screen XGA TFT Display with Truelife(TM) 1280x800

Intel(R) Media Accelerator 950 Graphics Up to 224MB shared system memory

No Floppy Drive

80GB SATA Hard Drive

Internal 8X DVD+/-RW Combination Drive with dual layer write capabilities. Roxio Creator 9.0

Dell(TM) Network Assistant - 90 days Trial

Dell(TM) Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module

Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945 Dual Band 802.11a/g 54Mbps Wireless Mini Card

6-cell 53Whr Lithium Ion Primary Battery + 65W AC Adapter

DELL Large Nylon Case.

I have provided all info.

@Ganesh, Thanks for PM. Did you buy the same config or the config with fast processor. When did you buy and how much it costs you.

yes there is a differenece in core duo and core 2 duo, latter has slight architecture difference(technically I too dont know much) and has 64bit support which is and would be default platform for future apps.

if possible go for single 1 gb memory stick, it would be easy for future upgrade,

go for home premium,

and how have you selected hdd partition, as in dell you have no freedom to have custom ones,

I think the days are not far when we could assemble notebooks to our own choice and at much cheaper price.

manoj_299

Out of Stock
azaad_shri75 said:
yes there is a differenece in core duo and core 2 duo, latter has slight architecture difference(technically I too dont know much) and has 64bit support which is and would be default platform for future apps.

if possible go for single 1 gb memory stick, it would be easy for future upgrade,

go for home premium,

and how have you selected hdd partition, as in dell you have no freedom to have custom ones,

I think the days are not far when we could assemble notebooks to our own choice and at much cheaper price.

I can partition HDD myself as I talked this issue in Dell they said you can partition yourself your HDD. You can customize as needed partition yourself. Yes it support maximum 2 GB Memory i.e. 1 Gb x 2. not going for home premium because it would need more RAM as Dell recommends 2 GB RAM for this. Core Duo Doesnt support 64 Bit?????? I think that AMD Processor in 1501 model support 64 Bit and this Intel dont? AMD is cheaper with 64 bit support and dual core processor. Please check if Core Duo support 64 bit or not?

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
@ Manoj
These links will help u... theses threads r started by me wen i planned to buy the dell...
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57433

For My config and price i bought look into this... 2nd page
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55820

What i prefer u is.. get core 2 duo!! u can get core 2 duo configured laptop for less than 46K!!

Hope those links help u!

manoj_299 said:
I can partition HDD myself as I talked this issue in Dell they said you can partition yourself your HDD. You can customize as needed partition yourself. Yes it support maximum 2 GB Memory i.e. 1 Gb x 2. not going for home premium because it would need more RAM as Dell recommends 2 GB RAM for this. Core Duo Doesnt support 64 Bit?????? I think that AMD Processor in 1501 model support 64 Bit and this Intel dont? AMD is cheaper with 64 bit support and dual core processor. Please check if Core Duo support 64 bit or not?

yes it does not support 64 bit, as Ganesh says try little harder on your budget and get core 2 duo and ask for 1 gb ram stick.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Dell give 1x1GB ram stick only in in other series... like latitude for amt arnd 700... Anyway ask them is it possible for them to give... Lucky if u get it!

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Today the Dell Man Keerthan again called me asking cheque but I finally decided to wait some more and collect money to extend budget for core2duo at least. I asked that man to give RAM 1 GB stick but he said Vista Need dual channel Stick so he cant help it. Thanks Ganesh I read your blog, it helped me so much.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
manoj_299 said:
Today the Dell Man Keerthan again called me asking cheque but I finally decided to wait some more and collect money to extend budget for core2duo at least. I asked that man to give RAM 1 GB stick but he said Vista Need dual channel Stick so he cant help it. Thanks Ganesh I read your blog, it helped me so much.

I think that sales man is fooling!!:confused: saying Vista Need dual channel Stick.......
Then How come Dell Latitude Laptops have option of 1x1GB Ram Stick with VISTA!>>???:shock:

awestriker

Broken In
Hi,
Can any body tell me, where can I get exchange offers on laptop in Chennai?
I got a P4(HT) Mobile 2.8Ghz Processor Compaq laptop, which is 1.5years old. The model number is 2517AT.It has genuine Windows Xp Pro SP2. I have put a extar 512MB RAM and upgraded the HDD to 80GB. The laptop has no problems till date. I am more intrested to go for a high-end laptop and hence sell/exhchange mine.

Else if anyone is intrested to buy this one, then please pitch in your rates.

Cheers,
Jack

manoj_299 said:

what does he think, by saying so, insist for 1 gb stick.

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Re: Will wait and go for C2D

azaad_shri75 said:
what does he think, by saying so, insist for 1 gb stick.

I will insist sure and talk another salesman too. I asked him upgrading is problem if you provide RAM in both slot so leave one I will buy 1 GB RAM later from Dell but he said 512*2 will be provided. But I have decided finally to extend budget and go for Core2Duo to further one month waiting for arranging money. Its already huge expenses I dont want my Lappy goes outdated soon when it comes to run latest application. Maybe price would fall too. Thanks all buddy here for helping me.

Last edited:

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
Asus G1s-A1

Hi
I am looking for the new Santa Rosa platform Asus G1s-A1 in INDIA as it is prsent on the Asus India site so bassically i want the some seller in Pune as I am thinking to buy this. So please help me out in this regard.
Also if anyone can suggest me the equivalent in other brand then also fine.

You can find details of it on asus india site as the link given below
*in.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=5&l2=74&l3=464&l4=0&model=1447&modelmenu=1

Help Me out plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
:confused::confused:

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Inspiron 1520 vs Vostro 1500

Someone Please review Vostro 1500 Notebook and Please compare it with Inspiron 1520 and tell which will be best option to go with 1520 Inspiron or 1500 Vostro

Sourabh

Laptoping
@abhinav_bipnesh: You can configure Dell Inspiron 1520 with the same config as the ASUS G1S-A1. Surprisingly, You can get it for cheaper than the ASUS. So, go with the Dell. You can save another 4-5k by upping the RAM to 2GB after purchase on your own. If your budget allows, get 3-year complete cover on the Dell.

abhinav_bipnesh

Journeyman
Sourabh said:
@abhinav_bipnesh: You can configure Dell Inspiron 1520 with the same config as the ASUS G1S-A1. Surprisingly, You can get it for cheaper than the ASUS. So, go with the Dell. You can save another 4-5k by upping the RAM to 2GB after purchase on your own. If your budget allows, get 3-year complete cover on the Dell.

@sourabh: Ya you are right but what i know is that Dell Inspiron 1520 does not come with Intel's Santa Rosa platform chip mainly M965 chip set which i am looking for. So please tell me that whether it is coming with the same chip set or not then I can go with as my budget is up to 80K as I am looking for a laptop which come with the latest hardware with this budget so that I can have a good gamin performance & i can go for development work also.
So any other good option are welcome Please hlep me out.:confused::confused::confused:

Top Bottom