All laptop related queries here!!!

prankie

D PrankMaster
Is buyin a laptop frm ebay a good idea????
chk this out
*cgi.ebay.co.uk/HP-Pavilion-DV9260N...goryZ177QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
for a similar laptop in india u got to pay more than a lakh.. this guy is sellin it for 430 pounds...
what say???

GeekyBoy

In the zone
How's this Laptop for such a low price ?(Rs 31990)

*h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/WF06a/1090709-1116637-1123071-1123071-1123071-13031696.html

prasad_den

Padawan
prankie said:
chk this out
*cgi.ebay.co.uk/HP-Pavilion-DV9260N...goryZ177QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
for a similar laptop in india u got to pay more than a lakh.. this guy is sellin it for 430 pounds...
what say???
Its an awesome rig.. Pity that the seller accepts only wire transfers.. not paypal..!! With paypal you at least have some protection..!

The specs are good, but the GFx card is a tad old.. Anyway, I'd prefer to make a direct purchase when such a large amount is involved..

prankie

D PrankMaster
but how do these guys manage to get these machines for so less price???
i can get this machine by my brother, he lives in london...
but will there be any issues with the warranty???

hailgautam

Youngling
patelpk said:
Hi All,

This is just to inform u all that today i received my free gifts from HP after purchasing Presario V6211AU Notebook.

It Contains "a Web Cam","a HeadSet" and "a International Calling Card"

They have the facility to apply for data card from Relinace but they want an initial amount of 3300/- ... I dont like this idea so I didn't went for that offer.

"hackers2005.3721" Have you received your gifts ????

my friend bought a hp notebook some time in june, they were offering data card, but since he is not here in india asked me to take it. but can i get the webcam+headset + international card instead???

rajputsanju said:
hi , I m sanju, i m a new member of this community, first of all hello! to every one. I have some query , that i have a compaq presario V2000 series laptop, i m running windows VISTA on my notebook, my motherboard is intel 915 gm chipset, so my inbuilt graphics card is 128 mb, so i m not able to enjoy the windows AERO glass theme, coz its need higher graphics card, can any tell me tht is it possible to upgrade or set a graphics card on tht mother board mentioned above?, i m waiting for ur reply frends..........

Bad Luck... Notebook pcs are not really upgradeable when it comes to graphic cards....

Last edited:

himtuna

Journeyman
HI guys my old laptop battery in no more. May it rest in peace,,, I have bought a new one and wants to extended its liftime. Please guide me in giving some extra hours to it. And how to dischagre a battery, I have seen in guides that one must disharge the new battery 2-3 times before using it. But how to do it? (discharing!=using>>>then how??)

himtuna said:
HI guys my old laptop battery in no more. May it rest in peace,,, I have bought a new one and wants to extended its liftime. Please guide me in giving some extra hours to it. And how to dischagre a battery, I have seen in guides that one must disharge the new battery 2-3 times before using it. But how to do it? (discharing!=using>>>then how??)

not neccessary for new lithion batteries, just use it.

himtuna

Journeyman
hackers2005.3721 said:
full battery should be overrr
whats "overrrr"
but in the instruction manual its written ......to discharge ...for along life.....not include in 6 months warranty..........??

AND just use the lion battery???

Man let me tell you one thing just today I got the battery replaced..because the one which I bought suddenly died after after I think 2 uses???? Thanks to warranty. I think its because of overheating, my lapy is just too hot even after a half an hour use. and the vendor says the previous battery malfunctioned due to motherboard failure???lurk...he even added the overheating problem could also burn the CPU??

One thing I know that the lapy is burning my laps and about its internal I dont know?
I there any way I could save the old lapy from sudden " Burning"

recently I have emptied my pocket on:
1) 80 gb hdd (previous one was giving :"Disk read error")
2) a keyboard (it was too costly, but was that much important also)
3) a ram ( as ofcourse the previous one.." dumping the physical memory")
4) a battery....a new battery which worked only for two uses....and today I got it replaced......

Now I dont want to go for a motherboard or a processor.

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
see dude laptop heats within half an hour only when there i€s no proper ventilation . plzz dont put the laptop on the bed or anyy cloth it is bbeter u keep it on the table . so taht it ventation system works . kk and evevn if your sys€tem heat€s up then u u€se a cooling which is€ about lee€s than 1000 bukc which will ever heat your s€y€stem very nice thing i €shoud €say for all thos€e who r haivng the complaint of heating laptop vry nice thing i have it and my laptop now odes€nt heat only and plzz dont kkeep it on the pillow or bed . u will burn your mohtherboard

manoj_299

Out of Stock
I'm confused in buying Dell laptop model 6400 & 1420. 1420's festures and benefits are much more than if compared with 6400 but Just I have habit in working with 17" Monitor so just confused that 14.1" screen for Dell 1420. Will it be too small viewing? This 14.1 Inch push me back to buy 15.1" 6400 model. I am very confused. And also please tell me Difference between Normal monitor they Provide VS Truelife VS Ultrasharp with Trulife....Please suggest and help me out

himtuna

Journeyman
prankie said:
chk this out
what say???

*h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/WF25a/1090709-1116637-1116665-1116665-1116665-13077748.html
just check this out .....not around one lakh but you will be buying it form an indian dealer, whats more you want

hackers2005.3721

In the zone
dude i think go for 15 inch not le€s€s than that if u wnat to an desktop replacment if u wnat to use for ofice use then 14 inch is beeter but i will reccomd 15 inch only . but i know it is tought as in 1430 what ever the no is as beeter looks and new design and also new feature . beeter u have to comnparise on screen . but if u need a desktop replacment go for 15 inch only

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
manoj_299 said:
I'm confused in buying Dell laptop model 6400 & 1420. 1420's festures and benefits are much more than if compared with 6400 but Just I have habit in working with 17" Monitor so just confused that 14.1" screen for Dell 1420. Will it be too small viewing? This 14.1 Inch push me back to buy 15.1" 6400 model. I am very confused. And also please tell me Difference between Normal monitor they Provide VS Truelife VS Ultrasharp with Trulife....Please suggest and help me out

If u move with ur laptop everyday.... then get 14" only!!!
else 15"... I have 6400... and feels little heavier than my frnds lenevo! Movie watching will be better in 15"!:cool:

Regarding Truelife... they have better contrast so that u can watch better even in daylight!! generally u go for this.... it will be useful if u use the laptop in outdoor! and ultrasharp... they have higher resolution!! i bought mine with truelife and completely satisfied:p

manoj_299

Out of Stock
I will use mostly as desktop replacement really. I am not gamers at all. Havent remember when played last game. I will this laptop for being online almost I use 8-10 hrs everyday. Work isnt like very high graphics and multimedia but Its mostly Office related and yes need good screen as mentioned Trulife. Need for watching movie. Please thell me how is battery life and what kind of problem if any with Dell? Please suggest.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
manoj_299 said:
I will use mostly as desktop replacement really. I am not gamers at all. Havent remember when played last game. I will this laptop for being online almost I use 8-10 hrs everyday. Work isnt like very high graphics and multimedia but Its mostly Office related and yes need good screen as mentioned Trulife. Need for watching movie. Please thell me how is battery life and what kind of problem if any with Dell? Please suggest.

Few problems with DELL are....
No showrrom - so u cannot c ur laptop!
Delivery time - arnd 10days
Buy through - Phone or Online!
Ergonomics - Not Great!!

But....
U can save VAT:cool:
Dell is great value for Money at this budget!!

In WinXP i get arnd 3 hrs battery life if i am only browsing!! with my 6 cell battery;)

himtuna

Journeyman
how about ultra portable laptop
I am getting it for Rs 35,000.00

*i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa90/himtuna/020113c.jpg
Config : 800Mhz Processor (celeron), 364mb RAM, 40 gb hdd.....mY Father is
*i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa90/himtuna/020109d.jpgdying to get this and is even ready to pay Rs. 35k for this second hand lapy..He wants it for online shares trading.....is it a worth buy....?
I told him that we will get a lapy 13" at least with much higher config in about 40k.but he wants compact..giving reasons that an O2 costs almost the same. How to make him understand that this wouldnt be a worth buy! But if he decides he will buy it. Is there any other ultra mobile laptop under 40k.

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Ganeshkumar said:
Few problems with DELL are....
No showrrom - so u cannot c ur laptop!
Delivery time - arnd 10days
Buy through - Phone or Online!
Ergonomics - Not Great!!

But....
U can save VAT:cool:
Dell is great value for Money at this budget!!

In WinXP i get arnd 3 hrs battery life if i am only browsing!! with my 6 cell battery;)

How can I save VAT? They said charges always exclusive VAT. WIll I have to bargain with them? "Ergonomics - Not Great!!" Arent you satisfied with Dell? I dont want to go with other brand because no fit budget and want onsite warranty. And also Dell is one of the premier brand in Market.

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
manoj_299 said:
How can I save VAT? They said charges always exclusive VAT. WIll I have to bargain with them? "Ergonomics - Not Great!!" Arent you satisfied with Dell? I dont want to go with other brand because no fit budget and want onsite warranty. And also Dell is one of the premier brand in Market.

As u buy directly from DELL... The VAT is not applicable!;)
So they would ask for a letter stating that u r not going to resell it - I think that wont be a problem so u save VAT 4% i.e. approx.4K:p

I own 6400 and i like it except that pure white coating over the edges wen i open the laptop! I too had dilemma wen i was planning to buy ... but now satisfied as i saved a huge amt over HP!

Yes! DELL's Service is No.1 that is wat i heard frm the users! :)
wat model u have planned to get>>??

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Ganeshkumar said:
As u buy directly from DELL... The VAT is not applicable!;)
So they would ask for a letter stating that u r not going to resell it - I think that wont be a problem so u save VAT 4% i.e. approx.4K:p

I own 6400 and i like it except that pure white coating over the edges wen i open the laptop! I too had dilemma wen i was planning to buy ... but now satisfied as i saved a huge amt over HP!

Yes! DELL's Service is No.1 that is wat i heard frm the users! :)
wat model u have planned to get>>??
I've plan to get 6400.

*www1.ap.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspn_6400?c=in&cs=inbsd1&l=en&s=bsd&~ck=mn
Click customize to see product.
I reqested for quotation and Dell called me and talked 45 mins. I Asked for VAT off and referencing I have friend in Delhi using 6400 Name Ganesh :) he got VAT off but he said he would paid higher price at that time price the price was higher. Now he cant make the VAT off. If you can PM me detail about you I can ask him saying your reference that you gave letter that you want for personal use.

The quoted price:
Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo Processor T2450
Genuine Windows Vista(TM) Home Basic 32 bit (English)
1 Year Next Business Day (8x5) Onsite Response (Parts + Labour)
1GB (2 X 512MB) 667MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM
with Trulife monitor.

*pic1.picbin.net/direct/fvf0gjc.jpg

Top Bottom