• CONTEST ALERT - Experience the power of DDR5 memory with Kingston Click for details

All laptop related queries here!!!

hems87

Broken In
I have a Toshiba Satellite L755 laptop with an i3 2350M processor; CPU-Z shows the technology as 32 nm. I got this laptop in 2012 and have been using it sparingly since October last year, when I got a new Dell laptop.

The i3 processor has always run between 45 and 50 degrees for as long as I can remember; I don't remember ever seeing it drop below 40 degrees. Sometimes it goes up to 60 and even 70 when under load.

The Dell laptop I bought last year has an i5 4200U processor; CPU-Z shows the technology as 22nm. SpeedFan always shows its temperature at around 30 degrees; the fluctuations are generally + / - 5 degrees, but most of the time its at 29 or 30 degrees.

When I had bought the Dell i5 laptop, I had thought that since it has a more powerful processor, it would run at higher temperatures. Instead, its the other way round.

Is it because it is newer technology? Is it also because Dell does something to bring down temperatures that Toshiba doesn't? I've already run a blower to remove dust from both laptops.

Is the 45 to 50 degree temperature normal for the i3? The reason I'm asking is because I want to download the offline Wikipedia; last time I downloaded it, it was around 9 GBs (compressed file). On the 1 mbps connection I have, it will take many hours, and so I thought I'd download it on the Toshiba laptop since its old and I've busted its battery by using it too much while keeping it connected to the power line. It is only when I ran SpeedFan on both laptops that I noticed that the i5 is cooler. :)

The dell laptop is having 4200U processor which is ULV processor that runs at 17 watts the processor of thosiba uses a 35w processor . You may feel the toshiba laptop may run hotter as it uses a processor that consumes more power and also its 3 years old and the thermal paste might have hardened and some dust might have accumulated in its fan.

bubusam13

Human
Hi Guys, I want a super slim laptop. I need it to carry in my DSLR backpack.
It should read SD cards, have enough disk space to store about 3 days of RAW photo clicks(in case of SSD), should run Lightroom fluidly if not Photoshop. The new Macbook comes close but it have Intel Core M processor and no SD card. And also both Macbook Air and new Macbook are very costly.
Please suggest some alternative.

kunalgujarathi

Cyborg Agent
Guys the back screw of my Y510p is stripped.

Can anyone help me
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446831268.441779.jpg

anky

Youngling
Hi Guys,
I have HP G6 2005 AX, and its fan is not working anymore, i have opened it and cleaned everything, bit the fan is not rotating freely even when i try to rotate it with my hands..laptop is showing error that fan is not identified...i want to replace the fan..
can anybody please tell where to get the fan...not the whole heat sink assembly..only fan..and i am using only local 20rs thermal paste for now..should i use a better one?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hi Guys,
I have HP G6 2005 AX, and its fan is not working anymore, i have opened it and cleaned everything, bit the fan is not rotating freely even when i try to rotate it with my hands..laptop is showing error that fan is not identified...i want to replace the fan..
can anybody please tell where to get the fan...not the whole heat sink assembly..only fan..and i am using only local 20rs thermal paste for now..should i use a better one?

Try putting a tiny drop of machine oil on the fans's axel where it sits in the winding. Also clean the dust off of the fan. And don't use local paste. It dries up within 40-50 hours of use and you need to re-apply it again. :|

anky

Youngling
okok..i will order another branded paste online..and will try using machine oil for the fan..and will let u know the results..

- - - Updated - - -

Hey SaiyanGoku ur tip worked like a charm...!!..thanx a lot..

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hi Guys,

btw I had a similar issue with my G6 and also my dell
got the fans and heatsink, thermal paste etc replaced for 750 bucks each at a known local store
^^for future reference

anky

Youngling
btw I had a similar issue with my G6 and also my dell
got the fans and heatsink, thermal paste etc replaced for 750 bucks each at a known local store
^^for future reference
i used machine oil and fan got unjammed and started working properly...i also changed the thermal paste to coolemraster one...now its all cool and silent..:)

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Hello Experts,

Any Idea as - Is it safe to go for Acer Laptop ? Are they any Good ? Googled but not revealed much...

Acer Aspire E5-573 Notebook (NX.MVHSI.042) (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- Linux) (Gray) - Buy Acer Aspire E5-573 Notebook (NX.MVHSI.042) (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- Linux) (Gray) Online a

How is this ? Only one con so far I find - Battery Is non removable - Though there is no NX.MVHSI.042 listed in Acer India website. Also like to know why i5 fifth gen priced so low ?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
any idea about this laptop...seller has great reviews. spoke to seller and he assured me new piece.

Asus A550JX XX142D Core I7 4720HQ 4GB 1TB 15 6" HD 4GB Nvidia 950M Graphics | eBay
99.7% is quite good. Seems legit tbh(although I haven't bought from them directly)
Hello Experts,

Any Idea as - Is it safe to go for Acer Laptop ? Are they any Good ? Googled but not revealed much...

Acer Aspire E5-573 Notebook (NX.MVHSI.042) (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- Linux) (Gray) - Buy Acer Aspire E5-573 Notebook (NX.MVHSI.042) (5th Gen Intel Core i5- 4GB RAM- 500GB HDD- 39.62 cm (15.6)- Linux) (Gray) Online a

How is this ? Only one con so far I find - Battery Is non removable - Though there is no NX.MVHSI.042 listed in Acer India website. Also like to know why i5 fifth gen priced so low ?

Acer laptops in general are fine. But I'd rather go for a battery that's user removable because most batteries conk out in 2 odd years .

Here a couple more laptops to check out:
http://www.amazon.in/Dell-Vostro-35...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1449997287&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.in/HP-15-r245TX-1...20?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1449997287&sr=1-20

Mr.wave

Broken In
99.7% is quite good. Seems legit tbh(although I haven't bought from them directly)

Acer laptops in general are fine. But I'd rather go for a battery that's user removable because most batteries conk out in 2 odd years .

http://www.amazon.in/Dell-Vostro-35...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1449997287&sr=1-1

Buy HP 15-r245TX 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i3-5th Gen/4GB/500GB/2GB Graphics/DOS), Black Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

thanks.

dissel

Cyborg Agent

Buy Dell Vostro 15 3558 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i3/4GB/500GB/DOS), Black Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

http://www.amazon.in/HP-15-r245TX-1...20?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1449997287&sr=1-20

Thanks for the reply - Then this is the reason of the low price - Wish Acer or some other manufacturer may release some i5 Laptop at this sweet price.

After seeing the spec, that lead to another que

Which is better - i3 Processor with Dedicated Graphics Chip or i5 Processor with integrated Graphics (such as the mentioned Acer) when Gaming is not a priority ?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Thanks for the reply - Then this is the reason of the low price - Wish Acer or some other manufacturer may release some i5 Laptop at this sweet price.

After seeing the spec, that lead to another que

Which is better - i3 Processor with Dedicated Graphics Chip or i5 Processor with integrated Graphics (such as the mentioned Acer) when Gaming is not a priority ?

Of course i5 with IGP.

andy_65_in

Padawan
I have a HP 14b015dx USA made lappie which has so far lasted me since the last 2012 Dec.had to replace its screen which was because of my error,dropped something on it. what would be the safe life of such a lappie,should i go for a new one .i know once a lappie conks off repairing it is a huge pain especially hp.please also suggest a replacement for which i am a looking for a window 10 with dvd and min i 3 ,usage only net surfing hence budget is minimal max Rs 30000.00

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I have a HP 14b015dx USA made lappie which has so far lasted me since the last 2012 Dec.had to replace its screen which was because of my error,dropped something on it. what would be the safe life of such a lappie,should i go for a new one .i know once a lappie conks off repairing it is a huge pain especially hp.please also suggest a replacement for which i am a looking for a window 10 with dvd and min i 3 ,usage only net surfing hence budget is minimal max Rs 30000.00

If the configuration suffices for you, go for a screen replacement, that too from a local store. You can get it done within 3k.

Top Bottom