All games crashes with xfx nvidia 9500 GT

spiketide

Right off the assembly line
Hi Everyone,
I've been using xfx nvidia 9500 GT with 1GB DDR2 RAM withoout any issues for one year. But recently, if I launch any game, they all just freeze with multi coloured patches appearing on the UI. The system hangs and I need to hard reset. This happens only If I launch games. Otherwise, I don't see this problem with windows or while browsing etc.
I tried updating to the latest drivers, still no remedy.
I suspected that it may due to issue with RAM. I checked that out but it is not the problem. I even re-installed directX 9c... u know... just in case... :p
I freed up C drive to give some swap space. But nothing works.
Is my hardware gone.... ??? :|

dibya_kol

In the zone
hmm .. If it were happening with all games then i am afraid that ur gpu is dying !! If it were inside werrenty then RMA it.

cgi86

Tech Enthusiast
monitor the temperature of GPU / CPU using GPUz or HWinfo. try to install the latest direct x / nvidia drivers and update to latest video bios . if still problem comes , remove the graphics card and try running the system with onboard intel graphics ( assuming that u have processor with intel HD graphics ) . try running those games at the lowest settings .

if it still fails - try giving the card for rma after registering an online complaint at their support site .

appearance of texture corruption is not a good sign , mate :(
anyways check the temperatures first . idle and during heavy usage in games .

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
looks like a issue with gpu vram - but OP should check the gfx card for any signs of overheating ( use hwinfo app ) and check system memory using memtest86+ app and if possible a fresh windows OS installation and install all the latest drivers.

OP
S

spiketide

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for your reply , guys... I went ahead and sent it back to claim waranty. Let's see how it goes.

Top Bottom