All About Windows 8 | Includes link for download and some funky stuffs

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Guys I have seriously became fan of windows 8 after downloading the developer edition.

You can get it here(Try the 2nd link if you are not a developer):
Windows Metro Style Apps Developer Downloads

Few interstings posts which i got over internet and wanted to share.

Here is a list of 300+ Windows 8 features that Microsoft didn’t show: Here’s a list of 300+ Windows 8 features that Microsoft didn’t show | Random Smart Stuffs

Some video and review of windows 8 amazing features.. I just loved the messaging part.. Checkout the video for sure:
Windows 8: Photos, Mail, People, Calendar, and Messaging Metro app demos [video] | Random Smart Stuffs

Then if you dont want to do a fresh install, here are steps to use it on virtual machines.
How Do I Install Windows 8 in a Virtual Machine? [Ask Lifehacker] | Random Smart Stuffs

And end of the day if you dont like windows 8 start menu then here is it
Get Windows 7 Start Menu, Explorer And Task Manager In Windows 8

Here are some more hidden tricks.
*randomsmartstuffs.com/2011/09/18/genuine-reviews-windows-8-tips-and-tricks-for-mousekeyboard-users/

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Nice collection.
From the looks, it looks like Windows 8 is tailor made for touch based devices. But what if I don't have a touch device.
That's the only thing I am concerned with.

Krow

Crowman
Thanks a lot for sharing. I am downloading the preview. Your links will surely be useful while using Win 8. Thanks again. :)

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

@vineet. I am using win 8 for few days now. Seriously it would be more fun to have it on a touch device. Thy have optimised it more for touch device
@krow. Wc

clmlbx

Technomancer
Well may be it's just me but I am not in support for integration of touch in it. Maybe it will get better in future releases but if it is going to stay as it is then I hate it. I will never shift to windows 8. Both UI should be separate. It can give options which to Go For @ time of installing.

OP
the.kaushik

the.kaushik

Metro app store will be a great thing for developers. Today did the first try on it's new metro framework on vs and not bad. Great starting point.

Top Bottom