airtel vs hutch ???

Which one do u prefer ??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I don't give a damn for which one is cheaper. Airtel is probably more expensive but they offer quality service (mostly) and that is what matters.

I prefer Airtel because they have better coverage and good support for EDGE. I don't really use the text messaging feature much. :)

sai_cool

Journeyman
Definitely hutch. I live in chennai, used to have airtel. coverage sucked and wats moree the cost is way too high!

Switched to hutch, peace of mind, no calls regarding advertising, excelllent coverage, and moderate pricing of calls.

oval_man

Journeyman
All Competitiors are having almost similar packages in both pre & post paids,so There is no huge difference in price structure!!

Airtel clearly overtakes Hutch when it comes to signal strength,ie.,Excellent coverage!........Hutch is far away...Hello..hellllooo....can u hear me......switch over to Airtel! Never go near 'Bsnl'.

Regarding 'gprs'..........Airtel is the leader

Free sms...............both r same with 100sms/day for Re.1 daily rental.(Infact in Chennai,Hutch charges 20ps/extra sms after free sms & airtel charges 10ps/extra sms).

K

krazyfrog

Airtel is the best in mumbai. It has the best network coverage and the gprs rates are the cheapest.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
somewhere hutch somewhere airtel service is better, but dont have much difference when it comes to call charges.......
airtel have some unlimited GPRS scheme but hutch cant offered such scheme yet :mad:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
In mumbai Hutch network sucks.:mad:
I am now shifting to airtel.It has a high signal strength.

K

krazyfrog

When Hutch first started offering gprs in mumbai, they had an unlimited scheme where one had to say 99 rupees monthly rental and get unlimited usage with free mms. They probably thought they were to good to the people of mumbai. So they started the current scheme where one has to pay 49 rupees monthly rental plus 1p/kb data charge and 3 rupees per mms. Airtel when they first started Mobile Office they charged 12 rupees/month in mumbai for unlimited usage. As if that wasn't good, they soon dropped it to 7 rupees/month and even started EDGE. Airtel's gprs connection quality is also much better compared to that of Hutch's.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
aks_win, airtel is the costiest but has the best service (excellant network) in karnataka while hutch is the cheapest amongst the two. i wud rate the networks like this:

1) Airtel (excellant network, costliest)
2) Hutch (network better than spice but falls behind airtel, cheaper than airtel but costlier than spice)
3) Spice (limited coverage and network is usually jammed but cheapest of the lot)

all haf student packs wid 100sms free daily.

Kniwor

Learner
He have already a lot of pointless polls on digit.

the service/rates vary from city to city, and what's the point of this poll.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
infra_red_dude said:
aks_win, airtel is the costiest but has the best service (excellant network) in karnataka while hutch is the cheapest amongst the two. i wud rate the networks like this:

1) Airtel (excellant network, costliest)
2) Hutch (network better than spice but falls behind airtel, cheaper than airtel but costlier than spice)
3) Spice (limited coverage and network is usually jammed but cheapest of the lot)

all haf student packs wid 100sms free daily.

Agree with you completely...
Also Airtel's national roaming coverage is much better than Hutch but lacks behind BSNL...
Also this Hutch/Airtel duel cant be 100% correct for any part of the country..
So do a research in your city before buying as in your city Hutch might have better service/charges than airtel...
But Overall Airtel rocks...

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if GPRS then its Airtel.
coz in Hutch, it goes like this -> 10KB = 10 paise:p

but if not GPRS then Hutch is a bit better, recharge "talk time" is more, e.g. in Rs.10/- :)) "chota recharge", you get "talk time" worth Rs.8/-, but in Airtel its around Rs.7... (dunno exact figure)

pushkaraj

In the zone
Airtel rocks(atleats in mumbai), coz for just rs.7/- a day u hav unlimited downloads, not like hutch where u r charged something like 10p/10kb coz man dat becomes way too costly.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
IN Delhi , as far as my experience
Customer Care- Airtel Leads

Network and coverage -Airtel leads

Call charges-almost similar but hutch cheaper

Value added services- Hutch cheaper but you have to pay 3Rs/sms for activating or deactivating any additional service like Planet Hutch while Airtel has toll free numbers.

GPRS- Airtel : Own portal free but for other sites 15p/10kb
Hutch-You pay even for Surfing Planet hutch @ 10p/10kb plus faster speed than airtel
Airtel: You can use services like yahoo/rediff mail or IM without paying any data usage charge but you have to pay a periodic subscription fee through airtellive
Hutch: You just pay for the data transfer you do on email or IM without any subscription.

bhushan2k

Genius in making mistakes
from all ur posts airtel rocks. What about Airtel network in mumbai suburban becoz i stay in kalyan near to mumbai nd i have hutch which has very bad network coverage in our area. Whenever I want to call even just want to send sms i have to go out of the house. becoz i m shifting from hutch plz suggest.
Also Vodafone has bought hutch share and they promised that they will do lot of changes to do their service better nd become a number one service in India.

frm all ur posts airtel rocks. but what about airtel in mumbai suburbans becoz I stay in kalyan near to mumbai and here there is very bad network coverage of hutch. whenever i want to call or even just want to send sms i have to go out of home. so i m shifting from hutch so plz suggest me.
Also vodafone has bought hutch shares and they have promised that they will do changes to do their service best and become number one service in india.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom