Airtel offers EDGE in chennai

Status
Not open for further replies.

cerebral_stroke

Right off the assembly line
i accessed pc internet and also internet in my mobile in both the kolkata area and in the west bengal circle thru mobile ofice...everywhere it shows speed of 460.8kbps----as my mobile(6630)is a 3G phone...so it shows only the maximum sppeed which cud b achieved by my mob not by the airtel mo.....its still sucking 28 kbps max.....at night when i download some movies by some p2p it gives download speed ard19-23KB/s....so its not possible that airtel is giving EDGE in anywhere in WEST BENGAL....thats sure dudes.....when the net got connected neither it shows E sign.....it only shows two half broken arrows in opposite direction.....as in nokia mannual of 6630 it has been clearly written that E sign is 4 EDGE and 3G sign is 4 3G and IT IS 'NETWORK DEPENDANT'

assasin

Banned
cerebral_stroke said:
at night when i download some movies by some p2p it gives download speed ard 19-23KB/s....so its not possible that airtel is giving EDGE in anywhere in WEST BENGAL....

Speeds of 19-23KB/s wont be possible without EDGE.
GPRS Class 10 offers a max speed of 42kbps (5.25KB/s)
EDGE Class 10 offers a max speed of 236.8kbps (29.6KB/s)

Last edited:

cerebral_stroke

Right off the assembly line
assasin said:
Speeds of 19-23KB/s wont be possible without EDGE.
GPRS Class 10 offers a max speed of 42kbps (5.25KB/s)
EDGE Class 10 offers a max speed of 236.8kbps (29.6KB/s)

okkkk...dwnld is good but one thing is sure man.....236.8 never never never max 28.....thts sure

assasin

Banned
Yeah the max speed achievable is dependent on the total no of users at any given time.Also voice calls get higher priority than GPRS/Data Calls.So GPRS speeds r usually better at nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom