Airtel NOP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aritrap

Mobile Addict
I have just activated airtel NOP and I use a Nokia 5300(S40 v3). I have downloaded both Opera v3 and v4 but I am not being able to connect to the net. At the beginning of the installation, Opera searches for ways to conect to the Internet but even after carrying out all the tests, it shows that it failed to connect to the internet.

i am not having any problem of acessing the net from the inbuilt phone browser but it is not being able to display html sites properly.

Also can u tell me how to get the NOP settings from Airtel. the settings that i am using just right now is the one that has been directly entered in my mobile by the person at Airtel world. Whenever i call Customer Care and navigate to the GPRS section and press 3(for technical assistance on GPRS related queeries) or choose any other option, it says that I have to send my queery using sms, they are not connecting me to any representative.

I tried to get the connections from the Nokia site but they are only providing the settings for Airtel Live and Mobile Office.

I am also having a strange problem while using my phone browser. I went to wap.waptrick.com and tried to download a song from there. After I clicked on the link which was to start the download of the song, the picture of the earth which is shown on the top of the screen, became to rotate, showing that information is being retrieved but after approx 60-70 secs, a message is displayed, which says that "link not available, try again". I am being able to download pictures from the same site and games and themes but am not being able to download songs from any wap site.(all songs are in mp3 format which my phone can play). My friend said that it is happening only because of low cache memory size of my phone. He uses an N73 and is being able to download all songs from the same site.

Plz help.
Thanks beforehand.

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
I think Opera needs Airtel MobileOffice and not Airtel NOP. Others pls correct me if I'm wrong. Cos I have always only used Airtel MobileOffice and never had a problem with Opera.

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
If u r using a s60 then u can enter proxies in opera mobile... but no way in opera mini... it completley depends on the fone..

raj200

Broken In
I am also using nokia 5300. mobile office activeted in my 5300.i am also downloded opera 3 and opera beta ver. i have not problem in Net on pc and opera. opera wants to mobile office settings. In day time airtel server is being slow for SMS. so i want to suggest to you send SMS "MO" to 2567 in the night. And recive MO settings.

Ishan

In the zone
charges for NOP are Rs 99/month
operamini 3 and beta 4 works for me fine with NOP service in my SE z550i...
and about downloading songs from that wapsite......
Nop service wont allow downlaods more that 1.5 Mb
however my friend downloaded 8 Mb song thru is illegal airtel gprs connection:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom