***airtel+nokia 3230= What Speed Supports??? Plzz Reply***

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Dear friends,

i'm from PATNA, I've NOKIA 3230 with AIRTEL prepaid sim. I want to use internet thru AIRTEL mobile. Today i called customer care and he told me that:Rs.249/month will be charged with UNLIMITED download. And default speed is only 14-18kbps, but it depends on your handset also. i didn't get his point what he told about speed... So guyz plzz clarify my doubt, what speed my handset supports. My handset has "EDGE" technology and i think its supports more than 300kbps. I've local DKU-2 USB cable and PC suite. So plzzzz tell me about its speed and performance.

At present I'm browsing net thru dialup bsnl netone which has very poor speed and also Reliance mobile which is now costly than before, now its Rs.18/hr (night) and Rs.36/hr(day). What about AIRTEL speed?? plz plz plz plz plz tell me about speed...

Last edited:
K

krazyfrog

^^ Nokia 3230 does not have EDGE for download. Only for upload. That too only Class 6. For download on 3230 on airtel you'll get max 5 kBps speed.

kirtan

Journeyman
U can expect the speed 2 max upto 7 kBps if u have the habit of browsing the Net in the wee hours i,e around midnight.

Pathik

Google Bot
lol ur fone doesnt hav EDGE... only class 6 gprs... its speed really sux... also airtel gprs networks suck... so dont expect much...

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Dude.. I'm on airtel MO and have the 3230.. I get on an average abt 10 KBps when browsing and abt 12Kbps when d/ling..

K

krazyfrog

^^ All those fancy numbers are only for upload. For download, 3230 is just as fast (or slow) as my QD.

K

krazyfrog

^^ err... no actually mera pyara QD does not support EDGE. It supports GPRS class 6 (not even class 10) since its an old phone. EDGE class 6 is faster than regular gprs, the way class 10 is faster than class 6.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
customer care people know bull ****.. They are a confused lot. Listen airtel has 7(or may be 8) GPRS channels.. and 15kbps is availabe per channel.. So if u get the all the 7(or8) slots at once.. then u r in for abt 15x7 kbps=115kbps. i get it most of the time..
I'm from Durgapur, West Bengal.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
kaustav_geek said:
customer care people know bull ****.. They are a confused lot. Listen airtel has 7(or may be 8) GPRS channels.. and 15kbps is availabe per channel.. So if u get the all the 7(or8) slots at once.. then u r in for abt 15x7 kbps=115kbps. i get it most of the time..
I'm from Durgapur, West Bengal.

:) it means just like RIM=115kbps. Wow....

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
pathiks said:
115kbps = 14kBps...

matlab?? :?

My house is just 100 meter away from AIRTEL TOWER, will it increase net speed performance? And mostly i use Net for checking gmail, yahoo via incredimail and for browsing forum, blog pages and orkut. Sometime santabanta, masti4india. So tell me.... Should i go for airtel gprs??? What are (+) and (-) points of AIRTEL GPRS??

coz i'm fedup with RELIANCE increased rate. Rs.18 & Rs.36.

Last edited:
OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Frnds....(nokia 3230)

My house is just 100 meter away from AIRTEL TOWER, will it increase net speed performance? And mostly i use Net for checking gmail, yahoo via incredimail and for browsing forum, blog pages and orkut. Sometime santabanta, masti4india. So tell me.... Should i go for airtel gprs??? What are (+) and (-) points of AIRTEL GPRS??

coz i'm fedup with RELIANCE increased rate. Rs.18 & Rs.36.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Listen... If you want bandwidth: say no to Airtel GPRS..
If you want unlimited downloads and good enough surfing speeds.. go for it.. The browsing speeds are good given the ease of use and portability..
After all its much better than normal dial up...

But seriously I would advice a normal broadband if you surf alot.. airtel gprs tends to get slower some time during afternoon and evenings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom