Airtel Mobile Office beats blackholes in sucking competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

twisted_mind

Broken In
Suprised with the level of service u guys r getting. I get 14-17KBps easily all the time. Am in thane n another friend here claims to get well beyond 22KBps at nighttime..... Btw, i'm one of the lucky ones to have MO at flat 199 bucks per month :D.

Tamoghno

Padawan
Are you guys sure that nop is officially over for all new customer ? I've been using it for last few month and its good enough for browsing(i'm posting through this connection). But it cost of rs105 per month.

By the way I used mo connection for two month back on february and march and got decent connection. Got 7-10 kpbs in day and upto 28 kpbs in late night. But i've seen in my friends machine that mo isn't that good these days.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
I'm very happy with Airtel MO.get damn good D/L speeds of 25kBps and above (in torrents too).at late night (rt now) its over 30.all these for Rs.249/mth (unlimited data transfer).:D

OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Are you guys sure that nop is officially over for all new customer ? I've been using it for last few month and its good enough for browsing(i'm posting through this connection). But it cost of rs105 per month.

One cannot activate NOP anymore. But if it is already activated then one can continue using it.

praka123

left this forum longback
idea is the best it offers free internet through mobile !!!

Wtf yaar?i am posting from my n73me using idea.I saw a "E" in the top left .is it for Edge?showed .165kbps speed!
Also ,I am not aware of any free gprs from idea:p

praka123

left this forum longback
but it automatically selects and go with ideafresh :p ..and I am wrong :( the speed sucks!but first it loaded fast.

also tell me ,"E" shows Edge network right?

I think there is no free plan from Idea reg mobile internet(kerala).

how to install opera mini(symbian) in N73ME ? :confused:

Also ,can I use opendns or any alternate DNS server in settings? takes too much time to resolve TD .

uppalpankaj

Ambassador of Buzz
Airtel sucks when it comes 2 billing...There r a lot of problems with their billing and they charge their customers unnecessarily...

But Airtel's connectivity is superb...BSNL is cheap but its connectivity sucks...

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
Hi , what are airtel(prepaid) GPRS plans available in delhi ???? I asked CC and the guy said only one plan is available i.e 30 p / 50 kb. any other plans guys ????

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi , what are airtel(prepaid) GPRS plans available in delhi ???? I asked CC and the guy said only one plan is available i.e 30 p / 50 kb. any other plans guys ????

I think MO is available all over india. It costs lower than GPRS.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Airtel is crap, but atleast they provide free MO once in a while. ;)
Just full use it to it's fullest and it will be VFM.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I think MO is available all over india. It costs lower than GPRS.
I am talking about MO only. Its cost is 30 p/ 50 kb in delhi. and isn't MO a type of GPRS ????

and yes, E is shown many times in my mobile , it started after I activated MO, can anybody explain , what is all about ??? and what its presence on screen signifies??? I have Nokia 6233.

OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Airtel is crap, but atleast they provide free MO once in a while. ;)
Just full use it to it's fullest and it will be VFM.

Airtel guys are smart. They only give free MO on days when their service is exceptionally crappy. They know cause if they don't, people might come up to their homes with a chainsaw. Also on these days, when the download speeds are at a proud 2 KBps, you can't do much to make full use of the free stuff. So even if it's free, it does not seem VFM.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
Airtel guys are smart. They only give free MO on days when their service is exceptionally crappy. They know cause if they don't, people might come up to their homes with a chainsaw. Also on these days, when the download speeds are at a proud 2 KBps, you can't do much to make full use of the free stuff. So even if it's free, it does not seem VFM.

I dunno wht mass downloader is saying me, just take a look to screenshot.

*i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii280/dhanusaud/Untitled-2.jpg

and this is wht speed test shows to me.
*i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii280/dhanusaud/Untitled-3.jpg

Btw, it's now late night but speed is same in daytime.:p

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
krazzy you realized the fact a bit late.
they spam me maximum with their stupid offers sms and calls that i am not interested at all.

and its a different thing i enjoy browsing any website on the phone for free.

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
um i dont know krazy , i am using mobile office at 15rs/day. i have a sony ericsson w810i , edge enabled . i get 15kBps average on torrents . goes upto 25 on private torrents ! and since its free of roaming and airtel has good coverage i got edge/gprs network all over india . awesome stuff ! i even surfed internet while on train ! I suggest every member come to mumbai take a sim activate MO and keep using and topping up each month ! this service is not avialable in delhi . delhi airtel has only 30p/10kb plan . sucks real bad :(

OP
krazzy

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
It's exceptionally slow here right now. Pages are taking ages to open up. I've given up downloading completely. Dunno how you guys are so lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom