Airtel GPRS Online: Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
thanx a lot folks...now even i forgot for wat i startd this thread for....ya itz true dat upload speed sux here but it has nice download speed considering d rates...now i really dunno how charges r varying frm 99-249....2 b simple in ngp its 5rs/day n jsr itz 99rs/mnth.....

still if ne1 remembers my thread plz do reply....thanx

cheers

expertno.1

Technomancer
dude here to explain

Rs.99 cuts from your balance
of mobile

so in real sense the cost will be 99*2= rs. 200 approx or even rs. 240

now i think everything clear

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
I too have now decided to go mobile office way. Let me also get the details as what is to be done next after subscribing to the Mobile Ofice of Airtel, do they provide a software? Or the data cable driver is good enough and as soon as we connect it to the system, we are on line??

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
yes u just have to get it activated by calling the customer care and you can access the net by connecting ur phone to the pc...

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
expertno.1 said:
@the konqueror

i use airtel gprs

i pay ga,es

i get speded of 5 KB/s

i downlaod a page in 30 seconds

i have done this by tweaking my con enection with

"Tweakmaster"

@expertno.1

U're right.... I was using GPRS on C-100 using IrDA.... It was as slow as sh!t....

Now, I've got Nokia 6681 with USB cable, I get speed upto 4 Kbps w/o tweaks... I use it as backup connection when cablenet is down, and I don't notice any difference in da speed :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, thx for telling the name of ur tweak sw.... :D

comrade

foreign return(0)
i need few details on mobile office package.
do they available for airtel prepaid users?
how do i activate gprs?

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
1. On Airtel prepaid it is not available

2. Send live to 646 for airtel live services
&
MO to 646 for mobile office

Alternatively you can call customer care for the same

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
dont know where you are located.. Check with your local operater ...
but generally they dont allow bcoz ..
on prepaid they are not assured of 500bucks monthly
which they have to charge for mobileoffice

logically .. if you are spending more than that much
amount .. post-paid will give you the cheaper tariff..
so thats the reason that no-body actually subscribe for mobile office in prepaid

vishalbhatia

Journeyman
comrade said:
i need few details on mobile office package.
do they available for airtel prepaid users?
how do i activate gprs?

Yes offcourse it is available for both postpaid and prepaid subscribers. You have to call customer care number and tell them to activate the mobileoofice service on this number. Every month a certain amount will be cutoff from your balance and yif our balance will low then they just suspend your gprs service temporarily.

Correct me if Iam wrong.

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Aijaz Akhtar said:
For prepaid, it is Rs 5 per day (at Nagpur at least). So that way it is better that you pay only for the days you use it.

Even though it is 5rs per day, you are charged for a day even if u dont use GPRS that day.

In simple words, from the day you activate it, you gotta pay rs5 each day till you de-activate it, no matter you use it or not.

comrade

foreign return(0)
i went directly to airtel office @ chennai.
they said gprs is only possible for airtel postpaid customers, also they offered me three plans for Rs.399,599,799 respectively. They had no idea for schemes such as mobile office or something like that for rs.99/150.
i had no option other than a pre-paid plan finally.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well certainly u hv gprs for both pre-paid n post-paid. simply, in pre-paid its Rs. 5/day in mahareahstra(ngp for me) n Rs. 99/mnth in jharkhand/bihar....speed is ok considering d rates n unlimited downloads.....ya but upload speed really sucks....download speed is round 4-6kbps at d higher side without tweaks using a decent download accelerator....i suggest u shud have another strong conection wit this mobile office n use this as backup wen turn comes to uploading files....

ps:-if any1 remembers why i started this topic then plz tell me if online games are possible or not wit gprs connection....if anyway yes then any1 interested?

cheers

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
Aijaz Akhtar said:
For prepaid, it is Rs 5 per day (at Nagpur at least). So that way it is better that you pay only for the days you use it.
i m using prepaid and in nagpur too, but they charge Rs. 12/day:mad::confused:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
i found this interesting , how they can charge Rs. 5 per day
and my question

was there GPRS in that time??/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom