Airtel GPRS Online: Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
Folks im a regular online gamer...used to play online wit frnds within my server with my old proxy connection....now ive airtel gprs n since it has a client ip address it shud be possible to play online...anybody wit any idea abt this?

if yes any1 interested in online combat...do reply...waiting

cheers

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
now cmon nobody intrested in online gaming via gprs here???

modz plz adivice if shud i shift this to gamerz section...
cheers

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
Games over GPRS???????????? Must be kiddin'

I had GPRS on my Airtel, I hardly managed to surf some site with IMAGES DISABLED in IE and firefox, and they took average 5 MINUTES for single page...

Hells_Fury

In the zone
You should be able to play if you have an EDGE enabled phone. I once played Half-Life 2 Deathmatch with my Airtel Mobile Office GPRS connection. There were frequent lags though. This is because the signal strength was weak at that time. You might have better luck.

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
hey friends....sorry i was out so cudnt reply that time...

now as far as limitations is concerned there is no such as i suppose....neither images are blocked or anythin infact i appreciate it as i had lotsa blocking troubles wit my proxy server....connection is ok sort of wit 4-6kbps (se k300i) download speed (double than my earlier dial-up)but at 99rs per mnth u cant ask for anythin else....so ya itsa value for money

regarding gaming i really cant say much as im yet to experience but wat i think i cud play on tcp\ip with my dial-up quite well so this shud also do ok....now cmon guys wats d harm in giving a try....lets experiment...

so im back on vacation again n waiting for for any gamerz interested...do reply.....enjoy life n happy independence day(b'lated)

cheers

expertno.1

Technomancer
@the konqueror

i use airtel gprs

i pay ga,es

i get speded of 5 KB/s

i downlaod a page in 30 seconds

i have done this by tweaking my con enection with

"Tweakmaster"

Tech&ME

Banned
Hey guys, I am also planning to take the Airtel GPRS Mobile Office connection which comes for Rs. 249/- per month.

I need to know the speed of this connection. And practical how long does it take to download a 1 MB file ?

Please tell me. Is it better than the Sancharnet Dial-up ?

OP
speedyguy

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
well dunt hv much idea abt sanhar wich u hv nw.....but i dunno where u getin gprs fro 249/mnth...im browsing at 99/mnth in jsr...connectn speed is round 115.2kbps...n dwnload usually @ 4-7kbps..goes up at odd times....but consistant at 5-6.....thats prety kool for me at 99/mnth withtout any bandwidth limits....take ur decision..gud luk
cheers

supernova

Mr. S Nova
Hey,
Even i have been using this connection in pune for 5 Rs. / day. Speed seems to be better than dial up. However it gets slow during day time.
But considering the fact that there is no limit on the bandwidth, it is a value for money.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
Rs 249 means Rs 150 for the Mobile office (in many cities, in others it is Rs 99), PLUS a minimm of rs 99 for the regular connection with no free talk time/ free calls (post-pre-paid), hence the guys at Airtel cal it Rs 249 option. You van of course rake a better plan too if you want to use the Airtel for calling also.

Tech&ME

Banned
I would like to know the real speed. Is it really 115 kbps ? And does Airtel charge any extra or hidden cost for bandthwith usage.

Like for example if i download a 600 MB file will i have to pay extra as the usage charge ? apart from paying 249/- per month.

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
The speed and many aspects were already discussed in this forum. Check the thread at:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25624&highlight=

Aijaz Akhtar

Journeyman
And yes, 115200 is the modem speed that ois never attained as we all know. Practically it is between 5 to 20, I have learnt. But good value for money.
However, new Data One too is a cheap option now, if the limit of download is not considered. Though download is free between 2 and 8 AM in BSNL Data One now at Rs 250 p.m. (Cap: 400 MB)

wildmax

Right off the assembly line
hey i am using airtel gprs @ rs. 12 per day in mumbai...is it the only option they are offering ? ? :?:

expertno.1

Technomancer
115200 is the modem speed

thats is not modem speed

thats is the port speed through which the data cable and mobile get connected

and @wildmax
12*30=Rs. 360

better to for broadband @250 of dataone

din

Tribal Boy
wildmax said:
hey i am using airtel gprs @ rs. 12 per day in mumbai...is it the only option they are offering ? ? :?:
I am using Airtel GPRS Rs.125/month ( unlimited use ) . Getting not that bad speeds ( 40 / 20 kbps ) . Have a look at

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26877

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
i'm on airtel gprs .. download speeds upto 12KBps .... i've tried playing halo once ..... but since my upload speed is not taht great .. my freinds joined it with a very high ping ....

expertno.1

Technomancer
yeah there is a demeritt of airtel that its upload speed is not good

i merely get uplaod speeds of 1-2 KBps but donwload speeds are always above 5 KB/s

so its a great value for money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom