Airtel GPRS Dial-up Problem

gigyaster

Journeyman
I wanted my PC to connect to the internet via airtel gprs but failed to do so.I followed the following steps.
-made a new dial up connection through new connection wizard.
-provided *99# as the number to be dialed.
-selected my smartphone as the modem.

Whenever the wizard tries to register my computer over the network it shows a PPP error.I tried to troubleshoot but in vaid. Although when i change the 'type of server i m calling' under network tab to SLIP UNIX, thn it connects with 460kbps speed but fails to load any kind of webpage.

Please help me out. I have the gprs settings saved on my cellphone.

OP
G

gigyaster

Journeyman
yes.gprs is working in cellphone.
I even tried to connect via PC suite but it says ,'no modem found'. But it does show that the PC is connected to my phone via USB cable.
In control panel I saw my phone being connected to COM5 port as modem.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
yes.gprs is working in cellphone.
I even tried to connect via PC suite but it says ,'no modem found'. But it does show that the PC is connected to my phone via USB cable.
In control panel I saw my phone being connected to COM5 port as modem.

when u connect to internet then u have to select the modem from list of modems in PC Suite...try that first..

This number is wrong ! I can give you the number in the night ! or try the other route that is install nokia PC suite and connect via it . It automaticalls finds that number !

I think the number is *99**1# or something like this .

OP
G

gigyaster

Journeyman
when u connect to internet then u have to select the modem from list of modems in PC Suite...try that first..

Doesn't work. The PC Suite shows no modem in the list. But as I said before, the modem is listed in 'Phones and Modem Options' in Control panel.

OP
G

gigyaster

Journeyman

This number is wrong ! I can give you the number in the night ! or try the other route that is install nokia PC suite and connect via it . It automaticalls finds that number !

I think the number is *99**1# or something like this .

The PC Suite way doesn't work.

I tries the other number, i.e. *99***1#. Still the same problem persists.

I would like to mention again that, Under The 'Network' tab in the dial-up window when I change "Type of server I am Calling'' to SLIP then the connection is made with 460.8Kbps speed. But the browser(I.E, Firefox,Chrome) fails to load any page.

ur getting a PPP error that means something wrong in gprs number...

You mean the number which is being dialed to get the connection. I tried both the number, *99# & *99***1#

Neuron

Electronic.
Put the following command in Device Manager -> Modem -> Properties -> Advanced -> Extra initialisation commands.

at+CGDCONT=1,"IP","airtelgprs.com"

Remember Modem is your phone.

OP
G

gigyaster

Journeyman
Put the following command in Device Manager -> Modem -> Properties -> Advanced -> Extra initialisation commands.

at+CGDCONT=1,"IP","airtelgprs.com"

Remember Modem is your phone.

I did as u said. Now its not showing a PPP error but displays that theres a problem in remote computer.

Neuron

Electronic.
Is your sim card new ?Then you will have to call customer care and activate mobile office to access internet.If this is not the case then i think there is some temporary problem with the airtel server.I had faced similar problems in the past.It will be alright in a short time.Also try changing the dialed number.*99#,*99*1#,*99**1# and *99***1# worked for me.

Zangetsu

@gigyaster: the same problem was there with my frnd 3yrs ago...then we called Airtel Customer Care(he was a n00b in computers) so I had to help him...
it took 2hrs of conversation between me & airtel customer care to solve his connectivity problem..atlast it was indeed solved..phew...

OP
G

gigyaster

Journeyman
@ Neuon. .I will try the numbers you have given. Now I suspect that something is wrong in the airtel server.

Good News Buddies!!

Now its working fine. Problem Solved. Problem was with Airtel Server only because today evening it got connected with normal settings.

Thanks Everyone who posted to help me. THANK YOU!!

Zangetsu

@ Neuon. .I will try the numbers you have given. Now I suspect that something is wrong in the airtel server.

Good News Buddies!!

Now its working fine. Problem Solved. Problem was with Airtel Server only because today evening it got connected with normal settings.

Thanks Everyone who posted to help me. THANK YOU!!

Good to hear that...
:grin:

Top Bottom