Airtel Broadband usage limits?

harshal259

Right off the assembly line
Hello everyone...I live in Bhopal,M.P.
recently, i subscribed to airtel broadband.
The plan i subscribed was a 6 month plan
with 5GB @ 1Mbps, and 256 kbps post that. for Rs 3100/- ( total amount for 6 months)

As I'm a heavy downloader, i consume ~50GB per month.
Sometimes, i download even more...

So, i called airtel whether i'd be charged for that much usage..They said just the speed will be capped. there's no limit on the amount of data you consume.

I still feel something fishy..does anyone know the data usage limit on such plans?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Dude.. They made it clear that the speeds are capped and no charges will be levied right?? So, either trust them or google for your airtel tarriff plan and check if its unlimited or not.

PS:: Google is your best friend

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
they will not charge you any more but speed will be reduced to 256kbps and when you connect internet a page will be displayed to confirm that you want to continue as per plan or you want to buy high speed bandwidth. always choose as per plan.

Hello everyone...I live in Bhopal,M.P.
recently, i subscribed to airtel broadband.
The plan i subscribed was a 6 month plan
with 5GB @ 1Mbps, and 256 kbps post that. for Rs 3100/- ( total amount for 6 months)

As I'm a heavy downloader, i consume ~50GB per month.
Sometimes, i download even more...

So, i called airtel whether i'd be charged for that much usage..They said just the speed will be capped. there's no limit on the amount of data you consume.

I still feel something fishy..does anyone know the data usage limit on such plans?

OP
H

harshal259

Right off the assembly line
they will not charge you any more but speed will be reduced to 256kbps and when you connect internet a page will be displayed to confirm that you want to continue as per plan or you want to buy high speed bandwidth. always choose as per plan.

Thanx Everyone...I checked google and airtel just to find out what they are up to...i guess they won't charge me.
And the increased speed i am getting is because they changed the plan to UL @ 512 kbps post 5GB usage.
So that solves my query.
Thanks again...:razz:

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Thanx Everyone...I checked google and airtel just to find out what they are up to...i guess they won't charge me.
And the increased speed i am getting is because they changed the plan to UL @ 512 kbps post 5GB usage.
So that solves my query.
Thanks again...:razz:

lucky you. i upgraded to plan 1099 15gb. on website it says post fup 512kbps but cc guy told me they are in process of implementing it so right now its only 256kbps and i got the same mentioned in my bill also :(

01abhishekjain

New to this forum
You can use this Android app to keep track of your Airtel Internet usage in a neat and convenient manner:*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.airtel.smartbytes

It even helps you plan your usage in order to try and keep the high speed data going for the entire billing cycle. You will never again lose control of your data expenditure!

Top Bottom