Airtel Broadband not working in XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I m using airtel broaband ( Beetel 220 BX Modem) with always on connection. From last 3 or 4 day m unable to access internet in XP. When i start my system it work for just one minute. After that m not able to open any site. Same thing happens when i restart the system. I have also UBUNTU 6.10 installed on my system. In UBUNTU the internet is working fine.

Can anyone help me ??????????????

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
well that i know. even airtel service executive tried many times but he is unable to fix this problem. You guys have any solution ???????????????

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
if u have installed any anti virus softwares then uninstall it this problem also happen with me but after uninstalling Mcafee it goes fine and also check ur internet options do it to default settings

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
I have mcafee 10 installed on my system. Is it wise to uninstall antivirus ??????

Anyway i will check it

Note your IP Adress, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway and then reset your modem. Now do your manual configration of your network by entering those copied addresses.
Well I did it when my lights didn't glow at all I hope it will work for you too.

Gaurav

In the zone
just turn off your firewall before connecting and then surf. after sometime just reload your firewall. all will work fine. I too had similar problem and it was solved by doing the same

OP
CadCrazy

CadCrazy

in search of myself
aakash_mishra said:
Note your IP Adress, Subnet Mask and Default Gateway and then reset your modem. Now do your manual configration of your network by entering those copied addresses.
Well I did it when my lights didn't glow at all I hope it will work for you too.

done that,nothing happened

but still my problem is not solved.

Any other solution plzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

hash!!

________
my frend had that problem...
1. try gettin a new modem
2. if u have a usb modem, try a lan modem/router
3. if nuthn, tell the airtel guy to check the mainframe or whteva in ur area... ie the place where all the connections in your area are channeled... tell him to check ur connection there... the guy here sez that theres some plug or whteva that goes bust sumtimes, so he changes it, and usually, it ends up workin fine...
edit: kinda weird ur ubuntu internet's workin fine... well, try a new modem... might just work...

Maverick069

Broken In
Well the news is that there was an earth quake in Taiwan which has damaged the undersea cable used by Airtel. Thhey have made alternate arrangements though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom