Airtel announced iPhone 3G S

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobiclue

Broken In
So finally Airtel announced iPhone 3G S in India. There is no word on price and launch date. However, official website for Airtel iPhone 3G S is now live.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Niceee was kinda waiting for it to hit Indian shores. But lousy Airtel people are at their worst, can't even change the text for 3g just copied it here, like "What are the requirements to buy iPhone3G?", shows in the page for iPhone 3gs link. Stupids

pickster

Professional Layabout.
Dammit!
Why doesn't the apple situation in India improve?!

Obviously, they are going to sell it at really crazy prices with the 3G still selling at around 30K.

Oh:
What is 3G?
3G is a type of cellular network technology with key features of faster data download. 3G services are dependent on cellular phone network.
... which is not yet available on your network.

Bloody 'Ell!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
I thought the 3G spectrum auctions are yet to happen. So how can Airtel announce the servicese even before they have the bandwidth..?

tusharrastogi

Broken In
wow tht's kwel news but the most happier moment for me will be the day its release date will be launched. Its price in India will be around 40k. I have confirmed that from a guy working at a decent post at airtel office. The launch date will be somewhere in mid april.

dd_wingrider

In the zone
Well if they want to sell it at 40k here, then there is no need for them to take so much trouble of releasing 3GS at all.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
BS price for a phone on contract, Apple is soon starting to sell phones in the US without contract (may still not be unlocked). Buying a iphone from US will soon be easier.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Airtel doesn't sell iPhones with contract. They are locked to Airtel, but you can use any (activated) SIM with it.

Moreover, Apple already sells no-contract phones in the US for 499 (3G) and 599 and 699 (3GS). They are still locked to AT&T though.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I read the news this week only that apple is going to start selling phones without contract.

22 march 2010

*www.engadget.com/2010/03/22/official-apple-now-offering-iphones-unlocked/

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
They were already selling contract-free phones back in 2009, but customers were required to provide evidence of existing AT&T service. This is no longer necessary.

Android pwns it.

Of course it does. (oceans of sarcasm)

As for Airtel selling iPhone, I really feel for the guys who are going to buy the phone from Airtel. For that price, one could get a factory unlocked iPhone 3G S. I, for one, did that.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would get a Sony Ercisson Xperia X10 for this price. Releasing in the first week of April.

Time for Apple to give iPhone the hardware edge now. Android fones are moving forward.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
friends did you read the vodaphone plans for iphone...its too costly:-x

iPhone 3G 8GB - Rs.29,500 (Rs.33,500 in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh)

iPhone 3GS 16GB - Rs.35,500 (Rs.40,500 in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh)

iPhone 3GS 32GB - Rs.41,500 (Rs.47,500 in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh)

Vodafone has also revealed the tariff plans it has chosen for its iPhone customers.

Under Plan 1, users are charged a monthly fee of Rs. 799, they get 249 minutes of voice credits, and 250MB of data credits if they opt for this.

Under Plan 2, you would be charged Rs. 999 and will get 299 minutes of voice credits with 600MB of data credit.

Then there is the iPhone Pre-paid plan in which the users will be charged Rs. 100 a month. There is no voice or data credit under this plan.
[/COLOR]
and a full 5-6k more price for maharashtra and MP customers...:C_insane::punch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom