Air France plane goes missing over Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
An Air France plane -- with 228 people aboard -- from Brazil to France has gone missing over the Atlantic, BBC has reported.

Brazil's air force, reports say, confirmed the plane was missing and said a search and rescue mission was under way near the island of Fernando de Noronha.

The island of Fernando de Noronha is an archipelago about 220 miles off Brazil coast. It consists of 21 islands, with the main one giving its name to the whole group and making up more than 90% of the total area.

*news.rediff.com/report/2009/jun/01/plane-air-france-goes-missing-over-atlantic.htm

*www.nytimes.com/2009/06/02/world/europe/02plane.html?em

*www.guardian.co.uk/uk/feedarticle/8535186

:shock::shock:How does a plane go missing? Except if it has crashed into the Atlantic, this is very sad and unfortunate.:cry:

Coool

I'm Back!:D
Some thing happend to the plane...Just saw the news..and forgoten what happend to it:D

^^
I highly doubt that.
In all encyclopedia's that I've read (and googled through) lightning strikes a plane on the rarest of the rare cases, and even if it does, it generally passes on to the earth though the metal body. :|
I hope that the people on the plane are alright :|

iinfi

mekalodu
they will v to search for the plane frm the last know co-ordinates. its gona be very difficult over the vast expanse of the ocean. they will v to hope some ship or trawler deep in the ocean saw it crash and mite report it. else it mite well take 10-12 days to even get as close as 20 sq miles of the actual crash location.
till then families of the passengers will have to hope against hope .... killing them every second ... :(
bad God...

appserver

Third Eye
The plane might have been struck by lightning according to
the head of Communications, Air France.:?:

I think they have ruled out this opine. Chances of getting struck by lightning above 35,000 ft is not that possible.They are saying that it might be due to some electric problems.

Crazykiller

Banned
The latest NEWS is that the plane suffered some Technical Problems and is now at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean.

Nicholas Sarkazy said that "The chances of survival of the Passengers is very slim."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom