Ainol Novo 7 Elf II VS IBERRY AUXUS AX03G..

aniket.cain

Padawan
awesome!

dude i am planning to buy it from that site as well...please let me know how the tablet is...runs hot?whats the battery life like?

I will provide you a feedback after using it extensively this weekend.
I'll tell you a few observations based on the limited time I got to spend with it:
1. It beats many other well known phones and tablets in the benchmarks. It scores 8.8k+ in AnTuTu.
2. The IPS screen is very good. It has really good colors, good brightness and excellent viewing angles. Plus the resolution is good enough.
3. Almost all the apps run smoothly (except for Youtube app, I will work on it tonight). I have tried a couple of games (e.g. Temple Run), and they run perfectly. Supports Flash, and can play videos etc directly from the browser.
4. The speaker is very loud, and no problems there. However the mic isn't working. Got to figure out why.
5. Build quality is very good. No creaks, etc, and feels very solid and stable in hands. No one can say that it is Chinese tab by looking at it.
6. Haven't noticed it overheating (at least in the Normal performance CPU mode). It does get a bit warm on left side after running some heavy apps, but isn't uncomfortable in any way.
7. The battery life is something which I haven't tested fully. More on that later... :D

aniket.cain

Padawan
The only camera I have right now is my Omnia W, or my friend's Nokia N8. Hope they are up to the job. Meanwhile, you can check for the reviews online (esp. Youtube)...

1manshow

Journeyman
Congrats mate on your shiny new tablet. I've bought one too from mp4nation website. Got it with 5% discount code from FB ;)

Did you got the microphone working now?

rajeshbhuin

Broken In
I bought a Ainol Novo 7 Elf II, but I have a problem with this. I didnot find HUAWEI E1750 usb modem anywhere. all modem are HUAWEI E1750C. IDo you know that the HUAWEI E1750C and HUAWEI E1750 is same modem or different? Is HUAWEI E1750C support on my tab?
Thanks in advanced. pls reply quickly.

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
Update: I have received my Tablet (Ainol Aurora 2) from MP4Nation.net. Ordered on 24th morning, received on 26th in hand!
Still in office, so haven't opened yet.

hi, i am also planning to buy from MP4nation. just wanted to know any problem with custom duties? if we have to pay customs how much?

puneetarora78

Right off the assembly line
Hi Rajan
Oops it seems there is some confusion..i never asked about XTAB 3G version :) ..I was referring to your original response on Ankit's thread on July 20th where you said

"elf 2 available for Rs9500 at veedee...so its a cheaper way..

also, they coming out with a tablet with a higher res (1024x600) and 3G sim slot...will cost around 12k...so you could go for that.. "

My question was that when is elf2 coming out with a 12k tablet that has 3G SIM slot

Well Xtab has already released their 3G tablet..but it does not have the higher resolution screen...costs Rs9999.
As for Veedee, I was not given a date..but was told sometime next month (early august?)
my friend recently reviewed the Xtab A10 plus...here is the link:
*techforumindia.com/index.php?topic=7067.0

i was not talking about the Elf 2...i know it does not have a sim slot.. :)

All these budget tablets are Chinese..even your micromax FB is Chinese..just that its assembled in india..Even Ainol is a Chinese brand..but yea, suppose to have better quality...but some buyers complain that the dual core chip runs hot...so you might as well go for the single core Ainol Mars for Rs6650 on veedee..

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Same here...

I too wanna know about customs duty & any other charges levied when we purchase from MP4nation Or any other online retailer.
BTW I'm from Mumbai.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Hi All,

There will be no custom duty on this. You pay what has been mentioned on their site (I paid $149.50, and got my tablet in hand). This is the same with any of those Chinese sites like DHGate, Dinodirect, etc.

Update: Youtube working. Mic still not working.

P.S. - This tablet has grown on me, regardless of the few flaws it has. I have tried a couple of other ROMs, yet to decide which one I'd like to keep though. :p

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
I have paid for the Aurora 2 by my SBI VISA Credit Card. Had used Citibank Debit Card when I purchased the Brainwavz M3 and Fiio E5.

Aurora II has an IPS display, which is better suited to a tablet. See youtube for comparisons. And yes, it is worth the extra $$! :wink:

hi aniket,

i tried to do payment by my axis bank debit card via worldpay on mp4nation but it does not work it declines everytime.

Hi All,

There will be no custom duty on this. You pay what has been mentioned on their site (I paid $149.50, and got my tablet in hand). This is the same with any of those Chinese sites like DHGate, Dinodirect, etc.

Update: Youtube working. Mic still not working.

P.S. - This tablet has grown on me, regardless of the few flaws it has. I have tried a couple of other ROMs, yet to decide which one I'd like to keep though. :p

pls mention the flaws that you came across.
thanks

aniket.cain

Padawan
hi aniket,

i tried to do payment by my axis bank debit card via worldpay on mp4nation but it does not work it declines everytime.

Sorry buddy, have never tried with Axis bank cards. Like I mentioned before, I have used only Citibank Debit, and SBI Credit Card to buy from there.

pls mention the flaws that you came across.
thanks

Some of the flaws with this tablet would be:

1. Wi-Fi issues - The signal drops drastically if you move far from the router (still it is acceptable in my modest 3BHK flat). This seems to be an issue with the wi-fi antenna, and many users at SlateDroid have already fixed their tablets by inserting a little piece of aluminum foil behind the antenna. But this needs opening up the tablet. Wi-fi performance seems to vary with the Custom Roms.

2. 19-pixel border on the screen - The last 19 pixels on all the sides (the screen has a resolution of 1024x600) don't respond to touches (this can be tested by a Touchscreen testing app). Even though it doesn't hamper normal user experience (it is required only in some apps where you might need to swipe all the way from the edge, like Firefox), it is a flaw.

3. My Mic is not working. Since nobody else seems to have mentioned it on SlateDroid, I take it as a defect in my unit, or I might have missed setting something up properly. Need to investigate more on this (someone experienced in Android could help me here :D).

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Sorry buddy, have never tried with Axis bank cards. Like I mentioned before, I have used only Citibank Debit, and SBI Credit Card to buy from there.

2. 19-pixel border on the screen - The last 19 pixels on all the sides (the screen has a resolution of 1024x600) don't respond to touches (this can be tested by a Touchscreen testing app). Even though it doesn't hamper normal user experience (it is required only in some apps where you might need to swipe all the way from the edge, like Firefox), it is a flaw.

Is this flaw present in all elf ii tablets or is it a isolated case?

pulkit_aga

Journeyman

Some of the flaws with this tablet would be:

1. Wi-Fi issues - The signal drops drastically if you move far from the router (still it is acceptable in my modest 3BHK flat). This seems to be an issue with the wi-fi antenna, and many users at SlateDroid have already fixed their tablets by inserting a little piece of aluminum foil behind the antenna. But this needs opening up the tablet. Wi-fi performance seems to vary with the Custom Roms.

3. My Mic is not working. Since nobody else seems to have mentioned it on SlateDroid, I take it as a defect in my unit, or I might have missed setting something up properly. Need to investigate more on this (someone experienced in Android could help me here :D).

thanks for reply
i looked for more reviews and found aurora2 has heating issue also as told by some users
other common problem is the wi-fi issue and 19 pixel screen issue as you told.
though no one reported mic issue.

also i check ainol site and they will be releasing an upgraded model based on aurora2 called flame next month it will have better screen resolution 1280*800 and 5mp camera with metal back body.
i think they are trying to improve on the flaws of aurora2,metal back body will act as heat sink and will resolve heating issue,i hope the new release will solve the wifi and screen issue as well.
will wait and see as i am not in hurry for buying the tablet dont mind paying few extra bucks for better quality

aniket.cain

Padawan
thanks for reply
i looked for more reviews and found aurora2 has heating issue also as told by some users
other common problem is the wi-fi issue and 19 pixel screen issue as you told.
though no one reported mic issue.

also i check ainol site and they will be releasing an upgraded model based on aurora2 called flame next month it will have better screen resolution 1280*800 and 5mp camera with metal back body.
i think they are trying to improve on the flaws of aurora2,metal back body will act as heat sink and will resolve heating issue,i hope the new release will solve the wifi and screen issue as well.
will wait and see as i am not in hurry for buying the tablet dont mind paying few extra bucks for better quality

Yeah, I had read about the Flame. But I wanted to buy the Aurora 2 just for trying out a tablet. And like I said before, the only issue that is bothering me right now is the mic. Performance wise, I doubt one can get anything better than this at its price range.

Also, if you are paying more, it is better to stick to a mainstream brand. Hopefully Nexus 7 will see a price drop in India in the coming months, and then we could lay our hands on a proper tablet! :D

pulkit_aga

Journeyman
Yeah, I had read about the Flame. But I wanted to buy the Aurora 2 just for trying out a tablet. And like I said before, the only issue that is bothering me right now is the mic. Performance wise, I doubt one can get anything better than this at its price range.

Also, if you are paying more, it is better to stick to a mainstream brand. Hopefully Nexus 7 will see a price drop in India in the coming months, and then we could lay our hands on a proper tablet! :D

yes hopefully nexus 7 sees price drop as at present online stores are selling it at premium

paradisevikas

Jack of all Trades.
me too ordered from mp4nation.net @ 142.05 usd. mine status is still under processing (i ordered on 4th aug @ 10-11 am ).
can u plz tell me when can i expect my tab to arrive i live in jaipur..?

ksgc

Right off the assembly line
I bought a Ainol Novo 7 Elf II, but I have a problem with this. I didnot find HUAWEI E1750 usb modem anywhere. all modem are HUAWEI E1750C. IDo you know that the HUAWEI E1750C and HUAWEI E1750 is same modem or different? Is HUAWEI E1750C support on my tab?
Thanks in advanced. pls reply quickly.

Very interesting thread - am keen now to get my own auroraII/flame soon - A few queries for people who are familiar with aurora II
- Any more info on usb dongles compatible with aurora II from Indian service providers (photon/reliance/mts)? or tips around usb dongle usage
- any views on if flame is worth the wait, given there is still no support for 3g sim bringing nexus 7 into comparison (looks like better resolution/camera/battery is what sets it apart)

thanks for your responses

Top Bottom