AGP: it is 2x or 4x or 8x

Status
Not open for further replies.

choudang

Padawan
i'm using Intel 865GBF mobo which has 8x AGP slot [as per i know and manual/website has also]. and i have 2 graphics card 6800 256MB/5200 128MB AGP 8x, and currently i'm using 6800. yesterday i have make a test and results are given below...

Type
AGP 2X

AGP
Revision 3
Rate 4x, 8x (8x enabled)
Aperture Size 256 MB
Sideband Addressing supported (enabled)
Fast Write supported (enabled)

can anyone give me a idea what is diff, what is the actual AGP

mohit

The Hardware Labs
Intel Original 865GBF has an onboard 8X AGP slot .. AGP 8X is called AGP 2.0 i guess (not really sure) .. Also for your info AGP 8X is backwards compatible with AGP 4X.

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
thanks for the clearification... i have a another question, 5200 FX has the S-Video TV Out port and comes with a cable. if i connected that cable to my TV, simply will it be ok? or should i have to provide any driver? i think i can only use one output [monitor/TV] or can i use both simultaniously?

actually i don't have any idea about it. if i caoonected to the TV very simply then i don't have to buy a another monitor, cuz that will be used for only gaming with cordless k/b and mouse.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Agp 8X = AGP 3.0 (not 2.0)
And to be sure that you are running at 8x, go to nVidia's display properties and check it out.

You won;t need a monitor if you are going to use a tv. But make sure you have a svideo enabled tv. My xp with tv-out on my tv was not very satisfactory though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom