AEF Not works in localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Hi guys,
Yesterday, i d/l the Advanced Electron Forum, from their site and paste it in my htdocs(I am using XAMPP for running PHP) folder.When i give localhost/aef/ it redirects me to setup page.After filling up all the details and click Submit it seems not working. Yes, the page not loading,Its freezing. So i just click the stop button and click Submit again, it shows an error msg says
Error : aef_apps table already exists
Is the AEF forum wont run in localhost?
If not then let me know whats the problem here?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Can't really make out the problem....I have installed AEF on localhost in the past.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Can't really make out the problem....I have installed AEF on localhost in the past.
When i press the Submit button after fill out all the details and install page, it just freezes and nothing happens.So i just close the browser and open in new window, again run the AEF install, it gives the error table already exists.
Ofcourse the tables were been created but not the forum.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Hmmmm....you can try this.
See its installation folder..ther must be a SQL file. Run that SQL file and then manually fill up the DB connection details!

On a side note, why are you installing AEF? I had seen its code and its quite immature. Why don't you go for MyBB(*www.mybboard.net) instead?

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
hmmm...MyBB is quite nice, infact its close to vB(dont take this too seriously though :D)

If you want to see a MyBB powered forum, you can see their own forum at *community.mybboard.net

If you want to see the administration part, then you can install a local copy and check it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom