Advise on external HDD which is reliable and safe

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
I still can't seem to get past the initial registration screen. The one where they ask your details

Checked the warranty info of the new HDD, seems they've started it from jan 15 so i get one month less of cover

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=8593]izzikio_rage[/MENTION],

I still can't seem to get past the initial registration screen. The one where they ask your details

What kind of error message you are getting during the registration?

Checked the warranty info of the new HDD, seems they've started it from jan 15 so i get one month less of cover

Normally, the warranty might start from the manufacture date. If you have registered the WD product online, then the warranty starts from the date of purchase. I’d suggest you, after buying the product, just register your product with us.

For more information about WD product registration, you can refer to the link below.

Support Answers

If you didn't register your product, please refer the below link for your future reference.

Support Answers

Hope it helps

Last edited:

$hadow

Geek in making

What's the error you are getting?

insaneYLN

In the zone
Warranty Period Updation

Normally, the warranty might start from the manufacture date. If you have registered the WD product online, then the warranty starts from the date of purchase. I’d suggest you, after buying the product, just register your product with us.

For more information about WD product registration, you can refer to the link below.

Support Answers

If you didn't register your product, please refer the below link for your future reference.

Support Answers

Hope it helps
@DK_WD, I purchased a Western Digital Elements 1TB USB 3.0 portable hard disk drive on Amazon India from the seller; Infiniti Retail Ltd, and subsequently registered the product on Western Digital's support portal. The product was purchased (rather, the order was placed) on 31 October 2014, and albeit the hard disk drive is within warranty status, the expiry date is displayed as 19 October 2017.

Can the warranty period be updated to 31 October 2017, such that it precisely corresponds to the three years warranty period?
:unsure: :chinscratch:

DK_WD

WD Official
Re: Warranty Period Updation

@DK_WD, I purchased a Western Digital Elements 1TB USB 3.0 portable hard disk drive on Amazon India from the seller; Infiniti Retail Ltd, and subsequently registered the product on Western Digital's support portal. The product was purchased (rather, the order was placed) on 31 October 2014, and albeit the hard disk drive is within warranty status, the expiry date is displayed as 19 October 2017.

Can the warranty period be updated to 31 October 2017, such that it precisely corresponds to the three years warranty period?
:unsure: :chinscratch:

Hi [MENTION=89911]insaneYLN[/MENTION],

In your case, I’d advise you to call or email our support team in India to update your warranty end date. They may ask for your receipt or proof of purchase so just be ready to email it to them when asked.

The following link contains details of India support team:- Support Answers

In the future, if you have any issue with the WD warranty service, you may refer to the link below:

Support Answers

If you'd like, you can also PM me your serial number, email address that you used to register the product and a copy of your proof of purchase, and I'll see if I can pass it along to our Customer Care team.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hi [MENTION=293224]DK_WD[/MENTION], seems that we are conversing on multiple threads :) My error during registration is

*i.imgur.com/nDYRqtY.jpg

The email WD seems to take me back to the registration page.

DK_WD

WD Official

To make things easier, I’d advise you to call the WD customer support to register your WD product :)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=293224]DK_WD[/MENTION] What is the helpline number? And what is the helpline email, PM me in case you don't want to put it on an open forum

DK_WD

WD Official
[MENTION=293224]DK_WD[/MENTION] What is the helpline number? And what is the helpline email, PM me in case you don't want to put it on an open forum

The link below has all the information on calling our Customer Care line, and also for emailing the Support team.

Support in India

I'd recommend that you call them directly. The reason is because you're having some problems to register the product, and the email page requires that you use a registered email account, so that way may not work.

Top Bottom