Advise for Delhi tour

Roshan9415

Broken In
Next month me and my two friends are going to Delhi for 3 days.Suggest me some good places,food corner for visit and some decent cheap hotel for night stay.

sksundram

In the zone
I advice you to ask these questions in India Mike forum. that's a great forum (or just browse various threads there) and you shall get lots of expert advices.

1. for cheap and good hotels, you can search in paharganj area near new delhi railway station. it's better if you have male friends with you. in case of female companions, avoid it.
2. for food, visit chandani chowk, paranthe wali gali, etc.

google is your friend here.

Last edited:

sksundram

In the zone
you will miss the real fun if you go with tour buses. hire a private taxi for the whole day if budget allows. BUT I say why not take the DELHI METRO route? From Akshardham Mandir to Qutub Minar, they all fall on metro routes or are near to the station.
the most important thing is FUN. 3 days is not enough to tour whole Delhi. spend good time with your friends at few sites rather than spending little time covering all sites.

Have you came to Delhi before or will it be your first time?

Last edited:
OP
R

Roshan9415

Broken In
Yeah this is my first time.I am from Benaras.I want to visit some famous Delhi places like Chandani Chowk,Canaught Place,Bangla Sahib Gurdwara,India gate,Akshardham mandir..How much Private taxi cost for 3 person.Which delhi railway station should I choose for arrival.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
No point of using Taxi imo. There is well connectivity with metro. Have a smartphone and Google Maps is your guide.

Paranthe Wali Gali is overrated. As of today, it is crap. If you eat non-veg, then go to Karim's.

sksundram

In the zone
arrive at New Delhi Railway Station (NDLS). exit from platform 1 (not from 16). this exit is towards paharganj. step outside the station and catch a rickshaw and tell the rickshaw-puller to find a cheap but good hotel for you. they know their hotels. non-ac room starts from 600. first check the room, ask for facilities and only when you are satisfied that you opt for it. THIS IS DELHI. so be prepared to deal with non cordial people.
when you decide to take a tour, come back to NDLS and make a metro pass for INR 100 for "each one of you" @ the new delhi metro station which is just outside platform 16. you will get 50 rs balance. recharge with another 100 rs and that's it. after your 3 days tour, you just return it and you will get your 50 rs. catch a metro to rajiv chowk from there. and in rajiv chowk, catch a metro to noida city centre station and step out @ Akshardham station. the temple is just at a stone's throw. enjoy there. come back to rajiv chowk and take the exit gate 9. that would be connaught place.

for india gate, reach secretariat metro station.

metro is the best way to travel my friend. believe me you will have a hell lot of enjoyment.

Last edited:
OP
R

Roshan9415

Broken In
Thanks Ico bro for info.I am vegetarian.Then metro train is good for me :) .

Thanks SKSundram bro for guiding me .They charge for per person or for a room?Means If I choose Rs 600Non AC room,then they will allow 3 person in Room or I have to pay for 3 separate room for 3 person.

Last edited:

sksundram

In the zone
agree with ico. i suggested it coz it's on a must visit site on many food critics' list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom