Advise for/against getting a modded PS3/Xbox 360

2kool2btrue

In the zone
Hello!
I'm looking for a modded slim PS3 (preferably) or an XBox 360(RGH + LT3, RGH, LT3 [not sure which one is better]). Can anyone advise which would be better? I'll be hooking it up to a 1080p monitor. Buying this to play GTA V and some exclusives (Leaning towards PS3 but not yet sure).
Also, what is a good bargain price for a modded PS3 or Xbox 360?
Please suggest!

quicky008

Technomancer
Buying a modded console is a risky proposition-if something goes wrong with it,you'll get no after sales service and so you'll just have to discard it and buy a new one if you wish to keep playing.

snap

Lurker
you can't play online on modded console right? are you okay with that? and get the ps3 :)

Nerevarine

Incarnate
If you are okay with modded console, id suggest the xbox 360 provided you get it at a cheaper price + you are a fan of halo and other 360 exclusives..
If you like ps3 exclusives, then get ps3 obviously..
Why I suggested 360 is because you wouldnt have been able to play online on 360 anyway as it requires gold live membership..
So if you are getting it for a good deal cheaper, then go for it ..
(But do consider that PS3 has MUCH MUCH better exclusives than halo UC, Last of US etc)

OP
2kool2btrue

2kool2btrue

In the zone
If you are okay with modded console, id suggest the xbox 360 provided you get it at a cheaper price + you are a fan of halo and other 360 exclusives..
If you like ps3 exclusives, then get ps3 obviously..
Why I suggested 360 is because you wouldnt have been able to play online on 360 anyway as it requires gold live membership..
So if you are getting it for a good deal cheaper, then go for it ..
(But do consider that PS3 has MUCH MUCH better exclusives than halo UC, Last of US etc)

Okay, Also, What would you consider a good price for the following -
1) A 2 year old fat 80GB PS3 with 2 DS3 controllers (unmodded)
2) A 1 year old slim 250GB PS3 modded with 1 DS3 controller
3) An RGH+LT3 modded Xbox 360 arcade
4) A 20GB modded(not sure if its LT3) Xbox 360

The modded PS3 is what I'm looking at since I can play for some months and then sell it at a decent price again. However, I'd like to know what should be a fair price for the above so that I can chose the one whose price actually matches the price suggested here

Last edited:

snap

Lurker
i would go with ps3 cause of the better exclusives. and i think some of the older model of the consoles was more prone to malfunctioning

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Okay, Also, What would you consider a good price for the following -
1) A 2 year old fat 80GB PS3 with 2 DS3 controllers (unmodded)
2) A 1 year old slim 250GB PS3 modded with 1 DS3 controller
3) An RGH+LT3 modded Xbox 360 arcade
4) A 20GB modded(not sure if its LT3) Xbox 360

The modded PS3 is what I'm looking at since I can play for some months and then sell it at a decent price again. However, I'd like to know what should be a fair price for the above so that I can chose the one whose price actually matches the price suggested here

same here buddy, i dont have much idea regarding pricing.. wait for other members

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Can a XBox One or PS4 be modded.I think buying either one of these is far more better than worrying about GPU upgrades every 2 or 3 years.

OP
2kool2btrue

2kool2btrue

In the zone
same here buddy, i dont have much idea regarding pricing.. wait for other members

^^
OT: did you look at the price of the games?

Okay gentlemen! I hereby announce my purchase of option #2 - A 320GB modded PS3 :)
PS - Got it today morning. Is in near mint condition and runs rogero 4.5 :D

Thank you guys! I like this forum better than the others :)

Last edited:
OP
2kool2btrue

2kool2btrue

In the zone
congrats :-D how much did you get it for? enjoy the games :)
TY! 16.5k (A little expensive I'm guessing?) :-S
The games loaded on the HDD are GTA V, Resistance 3, Last of Us, AC 4 - Black Flag, BF4, Tomb Raider and Beyond: Two Souls.

Oh sorry, it came with a disc of Resistance 3, the rest of the games are installed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 118788

The games loaded on the HDD are GTA V, Resistance 3, Last of Us, AC 4 - Black Flag, BF4, Tomb Raider and Beyond: Two Souls.

Oh sorry, it came with a disc of Resistance 3, the rest of the games are installed.

Where did you get this modded PS3 from? I'm also interested in buying one. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

flyingcow

Shibe

nice man i dont think its a bad deal at all, congo :)
if you consider the prices individually it would cost ~40k ;)
Enjoy :))

snap

Lurker
yep considering it is in mint condition and already modded and includes some great games, it is a good deal :mrgreen:

Top Bottom