Advice on 32" Full HD or HD Ready Television & best 2 channel powered speakers for television use

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Re: Advice on 32" Full HD or HD Ready Television & best 2 channel powered speakers for television us

This one is expensive. With that amount you can get a micromax 40+" TV
Yesterday we were getting it for 27400 in exchange & 1500 off on emi transaction through credit card.

Waiting for Philips to release 32 inch full hd led tvs. 39, 40 & 42 inches would be overkill for our room which is hardly 9 feet by 15.5 feet rectangular room.

Want to avoid mmx & other not so well know brands. Btw can get 39 inch full hd Philips under 30k with 1 year warranty online.

In Vijay sales store some series 5000 40 inch full hd model would have got in 34k including 3 yrs warranty with exchange of old crt tv plus videocon d2h set top box free. There was chance to bargain more.

Gollum

Collector
Re: Advice on 32" Full HD or HD Ready Television & best 2 channel powered speakers for television us

Yesterday we were getting it for 27400 in exchange & 1500 off on emi transaction through credit card.

Waiting for Philips to release 32 inch full hd led tvs. 39, 40 & 42 inches would be overkill for our room which is hardly 9 feet by 15.5 feet rectangular room.

Want to avoid mmx & other not so well know brands. Btw can get 39 inch full hd Philips under 30k with 1 year warranty online.

In Vijay sales store some series 5000 40 inch full hd model would have got in 34k including 3 yrs warranty with exchange of old crt tv plus videocon d2h set top box free. There was chance to bargain more.

vijay sales store option looks good to me. At least for 3yrs you dont need to worry

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Vijaysales or any dealers in my locality do not stock 32 inch full hd philips :(

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

New VU 32 inch full HD showing on flipkart.
Buy Vu 32D6545 80 cm (32) LED TV Online at best Prices In India

Checked VU site & they are offering 2 yrs extended warranty on few model at around 2k for 32 incher but most of them are OOS. Need to visit their experience centres in Mumbai.

Gollum

Collector

New VU 32 inch full HD showing on flipkart.
Buy Vu 32D6545 80 cm (32) LED TV Online at best Prices In India

Checked VU site & they are offering 2 yrs extended warranty on few model at around 2k for 32 incher but most of them are OOS. Need to visit their experience centres in Mumbai.

I really like the 1:1 pixel mapping on VU. Because of this I can even send 1080p signal to the TV and it accepts it. Unlike other TV's and monitors that give a message out of range.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

I really like the 1:1 pixel mapping on VU. Because of this I can even send 1080p signal to the TV and it accepts it. Unlike other TV's and monitors that give a message out of range.

That means I can think of getting the model you got. How was your service experience with VU?
Only 25-30% of my content is Full HD so I can think of saving some money.

The earlier Full HD model which I mentioned is D Led which is slightly inferior panel if I'm not mistaken.
Please throw some light on this D led concept.

Also let me know if the panel is bit harder or not as my 4 yrs old nephew will be touching the panel.

Minion

Conversation Architect

NO,You are wrong here get full HD tv.PQ will be lot sharper than HD tvs.

Direct led is actually better.

In direct led leds are mounted behind screen.
Advantages
1)Better screen uniformity.
2)Can use better speakers due to thickness.
Cons
2)These tvs are little bit thicker than edge led tvs.

1:1 pixel mapping is present in almost all tvs.

These tvs have protective glass touching will not do any damage.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector

That means I can think of getting the model you got. How was your service experience with VU?
Only 25-30% of my content is Full HD so I can think of saving some money.

The earlier Full HD model which I mentioned is D Led which is slightly inferior panel if I'm not mistaken.
Please throw some light on this D led concept.

Also let me know if the panel is bit harder or not as my 4 yrs old nephew will be touching the panel.
advantage of a 768p panel is that SD content looks a lot less fuzzier.
Full HD content and 768p look like the same. Advantage? everything looks like its HD :p

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

As I had nothing to do so I just went to nearby VU brand shop to check this new Full HD model.
Played my Full HD animated movie [MP4 video] on it but did not liked the colour rendition. Sort of unnatural colour tones, Skin tones also not good.
Transformers 720p mkv video looked lot grainy to my eyes & did not enjoy the fast action scenes like I do on my Dell 2240L. For an price of 19500 its could be ok types. Paying 10% more can get 2 yrs extended warranty.

On the way dropped by at many electronic shops to check if anyone is stocking Philips 32 inch Full HD LED but to my disappointment no one had it. Played same videos on one Philips PFL3230 HD Ready model & it handled it quite well even the Full HD anime. Colors felt true & as per my liking.

Philips DDB television is out of question. DDB was never a success IMO. Not many manufacturers launching any TV with DDB now not even Philips.
In the end decided to wait for Philips to launch new models for 2015 of second half.
In UK Philips have come up with Smart & Android TV. Hoping they will launch some Full HD 32 inch LED from 4100/4200 or 5300/5500 here in India soon.

Thanks you all for the help. [MENTION=85950]Gollum[/MENTION] & [MENTION=125133]Minion[/MENTION] Guys you were of gr8 help. Thanks again.

Minion

Conversation Architect

Heard somewhere DDB only works with videocon DTH though not sure about it.Ezone and Reliance digital stocks philips tvs.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Yes, only videocon has DDB feature.

If you check DDB foundation webpage nothing much happened after 2012. That speaks for its success/failure. There could be many unknown reason also but not much companies coming up with DDB.

P.E. Electronics an videocon company which has licence from philips to develop & market philips tvs in India has also not launched any DDB tv model in first half if 2015.

Checked Philips 32 pfl 3230 hd ready in ezone but it has only one HDMI port. The philips 32 inch ddb full hd model which is online is nowhere to be seen in Mumbai.

The offer are only on older models. They are like stock clearing till Aug 16th. So I expect they come out with new models by Diwali.

I want to restrict my budget as low as possible so waiting for better deals.
Spending 33k plus on full HD 32 inches LG, Samsung or Sony does not makes any sense for me as can get 40 inch Philips full hd under 33k if bargained harder with 3 yrs warranty.

Sorry I may sound liked biased towards philips but still I find philips to be gr8 vfm package.

Today will be doing final check on all possible model of LG, Samsung & Sony as well with my family.

Thank you all.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

I am using 32" Philips full HD 3D DDB model Philips 32PFL7977/V7 for about a year now & after calibrating it this is what i get:

*i.imgur.com/PznZqkm.png
*i.imgur.com/4lnp2Iy.png

these images look a little better when playing.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

How is your overall experience with philips DDB tv? How is normal SD channel viewing experience?

I'm now skeptical of getting DDB tvs as I fear if inbuilt Set top box gets faulty then entire tv unit have to be opened up which I do not want.

Even any local DTH service person had told me to avoid getting such tvs.

Gollum

Collector

How is your overall experience with philips DDB tv? How is normal SD channel viewing experience?

I'm now skeptical of getting DDB tvs as I fear if inbuilt Set top box gets faulty then entire tv unit have to be opened up which I do not want.

Even any local DTH service person had told me to avoid getting such tvs.

SD content will always be blurred on a HDTV.
You cannot do anything about.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member

I mainly use it as a monitor & it works fine.HD channels look good but SD channel as expected are a bit blurry but even then i say it is better than similar/slightly higher rage models from lg,sony & samsung.you can simply get a normal dth connection to avoid using ddb(you will just lose one hdmi port).only thing is that this DDB requires a software update as i don't get audio(only video) on almost all HD channels but i am in a small city & local dth guy/technician doesn't know how this update procedure works for DDB tv.i know it works as i have seen demo of this model in a big city playing HD channels with audio.also i didn't follow through on this as i rarely use it to watch TV.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent

Thanks a ton. I too had read about the software update issues for ddb.

Yesterday we had been to Vijay sales & my bro is insisting on getting the 40 inch edge led i.e. 40 pfl 5059 or the new 4000 series 40 pfl 4650. These two consumes less power 70 & 75 watts respectively. Both of these are retailing around 30k on flipkart with one year warranty but I am keen on 3 yrs warranty. Now will be negotiating for better deals offline. Lets see if they can match flipkart pricing.

Buy Philips 40PFL5059 102 cm (40.2) LED TV Online at best Prices In India

Buy Philips 40PFL4650 100 cm (40) LED TV Online at best Prices In India

My main concern is how the clarity will be on normal SD channels if the viewing distance is 5 feets. The seating would be 5 feet nearest & 12 to 14 feet far away. Can anyone please confirm this please..

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect

One of the above model is IPS and direct led don't remember compare them both and get what ever you like.

SD channels will definitely looks good if you dont use colour and sharpness too aggressively.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!

There is a full HD one from vu

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
One of the above model is IPS and direct led don't remember compare them both and get what ever you like.

SD channels will definitely looks good if you dont use colour and sharpness too aggressively.

I hope you considered my nearest viewing Distance of 5 feet.

I doubt about IPS Panel.
Is D led something to do with weight & depth factor? Newer model 40 PFL4650 is 12.5kg & have depth of 51mm without stand while older 40PFL5059 is 7kg & have depth of 69mm only

Few more Doubts please bear with me.

1. Will Power consumption be an major factor considering the television is on for say 6-7 hours per day? The above mentioned slim LEDs have 70 & 75 watts while other 39 inch from 3000 series have 90 watts.

2. Anyone knows the actual difference between Philips 5000, 4000 & 3000 Series ?

3. Will 2 HDMI ports suffice for future proofing ? I will use HD STB so one HDMI will be used & only one left. I will add up decent Home theatre from Onkyo or Yamaha later on.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a full HD one from vu

Had check newer 32 inch FHD but did not like it at all while Philips HD Ready 32 PFL3230 was better in all respect. see my prior comments.

UPDATE:
Had called up Philips to confirm the warranty part & they replied by paying 4332 rupees extra I will get 2 yrs extended comprehensive warranty if I buy online. Need to find out Maximum Buyback for my current 29 inch LG flatron CRT with 1200 Woofer Or check OLX,Quikr for best deals ;)

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector

I used this for my DELL IPS 1920x1080 HDMI monitor when I did not have a TV. its really great. and can auto switch as soon as you power on a PC.
*ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51hBMiOWJkL.jpg
Link: Buy Aeoss 3 Port HDMI Switch Splitter Black HDMI Switcher, HD 1080p LCD, LED TV Xbox Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Top Bottom