~(*)~ Advice Needed --> Laptop ~(*)~

power_8383

Eager to learn.
Hi friends,
I want to buy a new laptop and my budget is 40,000 to 50,000 Rs/-.
Mostly need it for Internet Surfing, Programming, movies and games too.

I'm Not a gaming freak but will play few games occasionally.
Games released upto GTA IV, Call of duty 4 must have to be playable in it. (Not concerned about new releases.)

After searching a lot on internet, I ended my search with following 2 options in hand.

ZENITH DIRECTOR PLUS Ultra --> 45,000
Dell Studio 15 --> 48,000

(I dont know the exact prices. :( )

I guess the competition is only between Zenith & Dell in this price range.
I've read lot of good reviews of Zenith Director Plus Ultra.
I dont have any complaints about Zenith Company as I'm still using the Zenith's Desktop PC for last 5 years without a single problem.

So what would you suggest me guys ?
Which one should I go for ?
What will be its price ?

Thanks In Advance. :)

Mr.Digital

Broken In
Although you have not faced any problems with Zenith, but when it comes to laptop then DELL must be given preference any day.

Zenith laptop has battery & service related problems.

Go for DELL studio 15.It will fit in to your budget & has the graphics card in it as well as HDMI sound.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
I'm Not a gaming freak but will play few games occasionally.
Games released upto GTA IV, Call of duty 4 must have to be playable in it.

GTA 4 :shock: on laptop

Dont go for Zenith !! the problems & service is down

& for Dell Studio 15 is only choice which comes with HD 4570 decent grafix , it cab play games @ low resolution not GTA 4 but u can play COD 4

Dell studio 53K inc tax

CodyG [WINDOWS-TEAM]

Right off the assembly line
The Dell is certainly a good option, but if you aren’t set on only those two brands, the Asus G50 might also be a good option for an affordable gaming laptop for you. It retails at around $899 USD, which (after converting the currency), is well under your budget.
Do you have any other criteria for what would be a good fit in a laptop for you? Screen size, laptop weight, or anything like that?
Cheers,
Cody
Windows Outreach Team

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
CodyG [WINDOWS-TEAM];1132758 said:
The Dell is certainly a good option, but if you aren’t set on only those two brands, the Asus G50 might also be a good option for an affordable gaming laptop for you. It retails at around $899 USD, which (after converting the currency), is well under your budget.
Do you have any other criteria for what would be a good fit in a laptop for you? Screen size, laptop weight, or anything like that?
Cheers,
Cody
Windows Outreach Team

Screen Size = standard 15.6
Weight = 1 or 2 kg

Just converting from USD to INR wont work I guess. :(
How is Acer Aspire 5738G ?

k4ce

Youngling
^1 or 2 kgs !!!!!!

the minimum weight for most of the laptops above 14.1' is 2.4kgs and the studio is 2.6kgs if i recollect correctly

gunzz

Broken In
Anyone using/reviewed HCL Leaptop T39 machines? Seems great configuration matching Dell (comes without vista, who needs it anyway!!!). The leaptop seems to combine good looks and better feel than Dell. At 42K in the online store, seems a fair price and machine

k4ce

Youngling
yeah hcl and acer offer total VFM

i'm getting a mid range acer for my laptop needs and buying a 360 for gaming ... its going to cost me the same as the xps i customized ( acer + 360 + monitor) .... only prob is that the 360 games are really expensive ...

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
*img218.imageshack.us/img218/7002/aceraspire5738g.png
*img523.imageshack.us/img523/209/dellstudio15.png
*img233.imageshack.us/img233/7208/zenith.png

Now which one you see better ?

CodyG [WINDOWS-TEAM]

Right off the assembly line
If the Dell is in your budget range, another that might work out for you is the Sony Vaio NS290J, which is the same price, and has similar features. It's definitely a little heavier, but if that is not an issue, you shouldn't have a problem with it.
I'm not too familiar with the specific Acer model you mentioned, but in my experience with the Aspire line, they've proven to be pretty reliable and affordable machines.
You might want to also check this site out: *www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-laptop-scout/default.aspx. It's a good little resource for seeing some systems that might be similar to the laptops you have in mind, then doing a little compare and contrast between them.
I hope it's useful.
Cheers,
Cody
Windows Outreach Team

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
*www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/review-zenith-director-plus-ultra-laptop-132964.html

Check the review and decide yourself , it costs 39k and RUNS GTA4
6. GTA 4: Finally coming to GTA 4.. .. Well i've installed all the latest patches..that is uptill 1.0.3.0 .I had run the benchmark test..here are the results..i had tried many diff. settings and diff. reslns.

Statistics
Average FPS: 20.93
Duration: 37.13 sec
CPU Usage: 99%
System memory usage: 59%
Video memory usage: 80%
Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1280 x 720 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Texture Filter Quality: High
View Distance: 23
Detail Distance: 27
Hardware
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS
Video Driver version: 185.66
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz
When there is daytime in the game..the fps is quite good..b/w 19-25 ... but at night time..it sometimes goes down to 15-16...but this is when i keep resolution at 1280x720 or 1280x800..when at 1024x768..it runs smooth even in night time..but the sharpness in the game graphics goes down so id like to keep it at 1280x760

OP
power_8383

power_8383

Eager to learn.
@ max_demon
I've already read that review yaar, thats y I love it.

@ all
As Dell is crossing my budget, many ppl are suggesting me to buy Acer instead of Zenith.

Top Bottom