Advice needed for upgrading pc

saswat23

Human Spambot
^^ You think that's waste of money! Not IMO coz if you can get a unlocked processor for around 500-600 bucks more then why not get it instead. Its futureproof too so that when you need to get more out of your proccy, you can simply get a Z77 board and OC. :wink:
Also getting Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H makes more sense than Intel DH67CL. :)

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
I meant it the other way...
I mean wouldn't pairing i5-2500k with (ahem!) dh67CL ( as i mentioned earlier ) be one of Epic Fail events::

BTW splurging money on 2500k + Z77 board would be better (i think so)

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
I'm eager to buy the asus P8B75-V mobo but I'm still not sure whether its available in kolkata or not.I could have bought the i5 2500k cpu but its slightly expensive(around Rs 14.5k at the local shops) and therefore,out of my budget.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yup, I have already suggested that in OP's budget. Now it upto OP to choose.

That's really heavy pricing. Then your last option is to go with i5-3450.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
I've finally decided to go for the following components:

Intel core i5 3450 cpu (i5 2400 is unavailable and i5 2500 is being sold for around Rs 14500 at the local retail outlets,thereby compelling me to opt for this particular cpu)

Asus p8 b75-V motherboard

CM hyper 212 EVO cooler(Will it be able to prevent my cpu from overheating?)

Corsair Vengeance 4GB*2

corsair carbide 400R case

The CM 212 evo cooler is quite large and occupies a lot of space-am i likely to face any problems while trying to install 2 of these ram modules on my motherboard if i use this cooler?

Also,can someone tell me the differences between CM hyper 212 evo and CM Hyper TX3 EVO Cooler?Which one is better suited for cooling a i5 3450 cpu?Can i go for CM hyper TX3 in case the evo 212 is not available?

Last edited:

Myth

Cyborg Agent
i5 2500 or i5 2500k for 14.5k ? Either ways its way too expensive. Local rate for the 2500k should be around 12.5-13k max. Somehow I find kolkata rates are higher than other smaller towns/cities.

CM hyper 212 evo is a great cooler. Worth waiting for. Make sure your cpu settings are fine and the case has proper ventilation. All coolers (air/liquid) have their limits.

8GB ram looks like overkill. I think 2*2gb will serve your purpose just fine.

Ram installation wont be a problem if
1. You avoid push pull config with cooler.
2. Fix the single cooler fan towards the rear of the case.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
i5 2500 or i5 2500k for 14.5k ? Either ways its way too expensive. Local rate for the 2500k should be around 12.5-13k max. Somehow I find kolkata rates are higher than other smaller towns/cities.

CM hyper 212 evo is a great cooler. Worth waiting for. Make sure your cpu settings are fine and the case has proper ventilation. All coolers (air/liquid) have their limits.

8GB ram looks like overkill. I think 2*2gb will serve your purpose just fine.

Ram installation wont be a problem if
1. You avoid push pull config with cooler.
2. Fix the single cooler fan towards the rear of the case.

Absolutely true-prices of most computer components tend to be on the higher side at kolkata's markets,which is very disappointing to say the least.This often forces most consumers on a tight budget to compromise on quality and go for cheaper components to avoid spending too much money.

I've heard that due to its humongous size,CM 212 EVO blocks one or more RAM slots on the motherboard,that's the reason I'm a bit hesitant to buy this cooler.But I do not intend to use it in a push-pull config,will that prevent the cooler from interfering with the Ram slots?

How different is the CM hyper TX3 from Evo 212?Is it just as big as EVO 212 and can it cool a i5 3450 cpu effectively?Also,does it block any of the RAM slots on a motherboard?

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
my older pentium D cpu featured something called Pulse width modulation to control fan speeds automatically.Can these aftermarket cpu coolers,such as the hyper evo 212 regulate their fan speeds automatically or do we need to set them manually?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
my older pentium D cpu featured something called Pulse width modulation to control fan speeds automatically.Can these aftermarket cpu coolers,such as the hyper evo 212 regulate their fan speeds automatically or do we need to set them manually?
It gets regulated. The motherboard has a PWM Fan header. You need to connect the fan there.

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
Thanks for the prompt reply ico,I'm planning to buy the asus p8 b75 V motherboard soon-does it support PWM for automatic fan speed control?

Top Bottom