Advice for pirchasing a lappy upto 70k

indiandude

Broken In
Hi guys I would like to buy a lappy nd can spend 70k on a lappy.
I have currently selected this current config.
Dell XPS 15
i7 2630qm
Nvidia 525 1gb
8gb (2*4) Duel channel Ram
720p screen
9cell Battery
backlit keyboard etc
750 gb HDD
The config is costing 63k nd i get 5% student discount on that.

Any other alternative or advice would be greately appretiated.

Cool PC Guy Ken

Extreme Poster
I have also selected the same config but I have included a full hd screen along with a better gpu..... Waiting to hear from the experts

Also the ram is 4 gb as 8 is not required. Total comes to 70k

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
That config looks really good. Go for it. Do opt for R+GBLED over regular LED backlit display. it is much much better.

OP
I

indiandude

Broken In
That config looks really good. Go for it. Do opt for R+GBLED over regular LED backlit display. it is much much better.

The R+GBLED is a full HD dispay nd costs 6.3k more.Do you think its worth the premium?

I have also selected the same config but I have included a full hd screen along with a better gpu..... Waiting to hear from the experts

Also the ram is 4 gb as 8 is not required. Total comes to 70k

I dint go for the Nvidia 540gm as its just a overclocked 525 m nd the gpu is not powerfull enough to utilise the extra VRAM. I could always overclock the 525m if need be.
Also I do a lot of photo editing and could have to work with Databases next year so went for the extra RAM.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
yes. it is totally worth getting. TOTALLY.

Nonetheless, as a whole, the colour fidelity of this RGB LED display is outrageously good compared to any other notebook display and even bests some decent desktop displays. We've never seen our high resolution test images look this good on a notebook before. Colours are bright, well defined and distinct and there's plenty of fine detail in shadows
source: Dell Studio XPS 16 with RGB LED Display Laptop review - Audio & Video - Trusted Reviews

OP
I

indiandude

Broken In
yes. it is totally worth getting. TOTALLY.

source: Dell Studio XPS 16 with RGB LED Display Laptop review - Audio & Video - Trusted Reviews

Ya I did read a lot of good about the display at anandtech but what I was wondering is I watch SD (700 mb rips) movies on my lappy nd wont be gameing on my lappy at 1080p so other than watching photos were will I see a difference??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Ya I did read a lot of good about the display at anandtech but what I was wondering is I watch SD (700 mb rips) movies on my lappy nd wont be gameing on my lappy at 1080p so other than watching photos were will I see a difference??

even with SD quality movies, it's the contrast and deep black levels that makes it worth and you should start getting better quality movies. You are spending 70k on a laptop, it's time to move to HD (720p atleast) :D

game-freak

In the zone
hi u might consider MSI GE620 its for 66k CLICK HERE
or if u can inc ur budget by 4k then u could go for MSI GX660 CLICK HERE
both have a full HD display

OP
I

indiandude

Broken In
even with SD quality movies, it's the contrast and deep black levels that makes it worth and you should start getting better quality movies. You are spending 70k on a laptop, it's time to move to HD (720p atleast) :D

Actually here in college watching movies is something we spend a lot of time on that quantity is more important.I do have HD s nd some bluerays at home I see on my friends HDTV but still.LOL.But ya the blacks you talk about makes a lot of sense.

hi u might consider MSI GE620 its for 66k CLICK HERE
or if u can inc ur budget by 4k then u could go for MSI GX660 CLICK HERE
both have a full HD display

Actually both those lappys dont have SandBridge arcitecture based processors.The Sandybridge based quadcores are really sweet in terms of performance nd battery life they offer althoug the 660x has a monster gpu.

Top Bottom