Advice for Assembled PC. RAM selection.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. Elite 310 comes with no PSU attached.
2. CX430v2 is enough unless you OC the cpu.
3. GT520 1GB DDr3 is much better.
4. No - both will work fine.
5. you can't CF/SLI with the GPU you are getting.

OP
V

vikasgh

Broken In
1. Elite 310 comes with no PSU attached.
2. CX430v2 is enough unless you OC the cpu.
3. GT520 1GB DDr3 is much better.
4. No - both will work fine.
5. you can't CF/SLI with the GPU you are getting.

1. Ok, I'll it buy from local.
2. Will add it.
3. What is steam processor, appearing in details section ?
4. Ok.
5. Which mobo are you telling for, 880gma or 970a ?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
3. This should give you a better idea :
Stream processing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
5. Both ... and the GPU of-course

OP
V

vikasgh

Broken In
So, Now at last point, this is my build-
AMD 3.6 GHz AM3+ FX4100 Processor
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 Motherboard
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST31000524AS)
Forsa NVIDIA GeForce GT520 2 GB DDR3 Graphics Card
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)
Deepcool XFAN120L/B

Cabinet, DVD-RW Dual Layer buying from local.
Will all that work great ?

Isn't there a Graphics Card which support AMD CrossfireX in the same range for that mobo (GA-970A-DS3) ?

Last edited:

gyanbhartip

So, Now at last point, this is my build-
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST31000524AS)
Forsa NVIDIA GeForce GT520 2 GB DDR3 Graphics Card
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)
Deepcool XFAN120L/B

Cabinet, DVD-RW Dual Layer buying from local.
Will all that work great ?

Isn't there a Graphics Card which support AMD CrossfireX in the same range for that mobo (GA-970A-DS3) ?

you have got a nice rig :-D

but you should be at least having an amd radeon hd7750

Cilus

laborare est orare
I am not sure about the Motherboard OP is going for, but stay away for the MSI 970A-G46 board. Today I've done some research and find out the VRM failure rate is catastrophic, even with slightest overclocking. It is mentioned in couple of Forums that MSI had eariler mentioned in their product site of this board, not to overclock it but that has been removed recently. They just covered the VRM with a big Metal heat sink to make it look like a good design. Gigabyte DS3 is a far better design in terms of build quality and VRM design.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ OP - for the gfx card get this instead ;-)
HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 GPU 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com

for HDD get WD and what about the PSu ??

OP
V

vikasgh

Broken In
I am not sure about the Motherboard OP is going for, but stay away for the MSI 970A-G46 board. Today I've done some research and find out the VRM failure rate is catastrophic, even with slightest overclocking. It is mentioned in couple of Forums that MSI had eariler mentioned in their product site of this board, not to overclock it but that has been removed recently. They just covered the VRM with a big Metal heat sink to make it look like a good design. Gigabyte DS3 is a far better design in terms of build quality and VRM design.

I just did the same thing you did. That's the biggest reason I deselected MSI 970A. And becuase Gigabyte 970A-DS3 will not do this kind of things and even protect it better, I chose it.

you have got a nice rig :-D

but you should be at least having an amd radeon hd7750

I you look better on mobo's specification, you will find it only have PCI Express 2.0, while Radeon HD 7750 wants PCI Express 3.0. I don't think it will work.

@ OP - for the gfx card get this instead ;-)
HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 GPU 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card | Graphics Card | Flipkart.com
I chose the 2 GB card, because it doesn't ask for adding much more money.
Is it ok ?
for HDD get WD and what about the PSu ??
I installed WD before, I got it damaged in 2yrs. While when I had seagate it worked for 7 years and still working.
I don't know WD or seagate which one is better more, but my experience goes with seagate.

For PSU,
Please mention, if the graphics card is fine for this build, which one PSU should I buy.

And one thing more I am asking so many times in this forum-
How many watts does the processor (FX-4100) need ?
[/QUOTE]

Cilus

laborare est orare
The processor Power requirement varies depending upon the use but the TDP of FX 4100 is 95W. For your rig, Corsair CX 430V2 will be enough.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
- Seagate offers 1 year warranty and WD offers 2 - rest is your choice.
- 2GB Vram is useless for cards like HD6450 - so paying even 100 bucks for that extra amount of memory does not make any sense.

Technogeared007

Journeyman
Never buy seagate hdd...they corrupt very fast..and occour a lot problem...get wd caviar blue 1tb.
And get a better gpu...your rig id grtting spoiled due to it. :/

OP
V

vikasgh

Broken In
Sorry for replying so late. Was busy in festive things.

- Seagate offers 1 year warranty and WD offers 2 - rest is your choice.
- 2GB Vram is useless for cards like HD6450 - so paying even 100 bucks for that extra amount of memory does not make any sense.

I am going with you. WD is my choice now.
Chose 1 GB Vram.

The processor Power requirement varies depending upon the use but the TDP of FX 4100 is 95W. For your rig, Corsair CX 430V2 will be enough.

CX430V2 Selected.

Now, this is my build.
WD Caviar Green 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD10EARX)[/URL]
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Watts PSU
HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 GPU 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card
2xCorsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) PC RAM (CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9)
Deepcool XFAN120L/B

I think this is best for my budget.
Rs. 24192. I can't go beyond this.

CarlonSamuels

Journeyman
^See if you can find an FX 4170 they are rare but performs better than FX 4100 else you can OC FX 4100 to get that performance

Cilus

laborare est orare
FX 4170 is not released in India.
Just one suggestion from my side, try to get a better Graphics card. You can go for a single stick of Ram as it can be added later and use the rest of the money to get something like GT 620 or GT 630.

OP
V

vikasgh

Broken In
^See if you can find an FX 4170 they are rare but performs better than FX 4100 else you can OC FX 4100 to get that performance

^why is it not available?

A friend of mine has one thats why suggested

I tried to find it online but it is not available. I don't know its releases or anything but it isn't available on flipkart.

FX 4170 is not released in India.
Just one suggestion from my side, try to get a better Graphics card. You can go for a single stick of Ram as it can be added later and use the rest of the money to get something like GT 620 or GT 630.

I already decided to buy one ram now and one later.

GT 630 is out of my budget.

GT 620-
Forsa NVIDIA GT620 1 GB SDDR3 Graphics Card------RS 3493
11 Ratings-5 Stars-1 Reviews

1400 MHz
96 CUDA Cores
PCI Express 2.0
Fan: 2
64-bit, 1 GB SDDR3 Memory with 1300 MHz
1 x Dual-Link DVI
Additional-NVIDIA PureVideo HD Technology, TrueHD and DTS-HD Audio Bitstreaming, NVIDIA CUDA Technology, NVIDIA PhysX Technology, NVIDIA FXAA Technology, NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync

HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 GPU 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card-------RS 2661
11 Rating-4.2 Stars-4 Reviews

625 MHz
160 Stream Processor
PCI Express 2.1
Fan: 1
64-bit, 1 GB DDR3 Memory with 1000 MHz
HDTV Support
3D SUPPORT-YES
Additional-Dual Monitor, 7.1 Audio, Native HDMI, Open CL, 1080p Full HD, AMD App Acceleration, 3rd Generation TeraScale Engine, Accelerated Video Transcoding, Display Flexibility, Dolly TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio Support, Enhanced Unified Video Decoder (UVD) 3, Enhanced Internet Browser Applications

Comparision-
Forsa NVIDIA GT620 1 GB SDDR3 Graphics Card vs HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 GPU 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card: Compare Graphics Cards: Flipkart.com

Now please tell which is better at its price ?

<I will just play games with it and will watch mkv, avi videos, I don't work with videos conversion or bulk photo editing>

Cilus

laborare est orare
YA, GT 620 is basically a re-branded GT 430 whereas GT 630 is re-branded GT 440, or a overclocked version of GT 620.

If you can buy from Smcinternational.in then get this one: MSI GT430GT OC 2GB at Rs 3675. This card has better cooler, better build quality and factory overclocking. It is far better than the the Forsa GT 620 you have chosen.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Yes if one can find hd5570 for around 3.5k or less then it is better.Else MSI GT430GT OC 2GB is fine.
hd5570 is slightly faster than gt430.Gt620 is a rebranded gt430 as said by Cilus with a 64bit bus instead of 128bit in the gt430.

Top Bottom