Advice for a budget Gaming setup

rock18

Broken In
Sorry if i posted in the wrong section or missed filling up something.

My nephew got a good marks in 10th std and got 6k as a reward from his parents.He wants to upgrade his system.
I know the budget is quite laughable.

Main criteria is he should be able to play most of the games atleast in the lowest resolution possible.

Currently he has
AMD single core processor 1800+,2GB DDR1 RAM,Geforce 5700LE, 14" CRT Monitor,1TB HDD and Bijli cabinet with PSU.

Budget 6-8k as of now
Now options we have are
1.Cheap AMD processor like AMD X2 250-2.6k
2.Cheap motherboard 2-2.5k
3.GPU - ATI Radeon 4670 -3k (Hope it can play all games in low resolution)
4.DDR3 RAM 2GB -1k

Or else
1.Cheap AMD processor
2.Motherboard with a very good onboard graphics(which can play most of the games in low resolution)
3.2GB DDR3 RAM

Upgrade PSU and graphics card in future.

Not sure how to go about this.so request experts in here to chip in their suggestions.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here goes my suggestion:

AMD Athlon™ II X2 255 @ 2.85K
Corsair 2 GB DDR3 1333MHz value Ram @ 1K
Asus M4A78LT-M LE @ 2.6K
XFX HD 4670 1 GB DDR3 @ 3.3K (from lynx-india)

Total 9.75K. For reducing the price you can go for XFX HD 4650 1 GB GDDR2 @ 2.6K. Also if you go for Asus M4N68T M motherboard @ 2.2K then everything will be under your budget. But suggestion will be spending the extra thousnad bucks to get a newer chipset based mobo like the Asus M4178LT-M, based on 780G chipset to get better support, features and future upgradability options.

OP
R

rock18

Broken In
Here goes my suggestion:

AMD Athlon™ II X2 255 @ 2.85K
Corsair 2 GB DDR3 1333MHz value Ram @ 1K
Asus M4A78LT-M LE @ 2.6K
XFX HD 4670 1 GB DDR3 @ 3.3K (from lynx-india)

Total 9.75K. For reducing the price you can go for XFX HD 4650 1 GB GDDR2 @ 2.6K. Also if you go for Asus M4N68T M motherboard @ 2.2K then everything will be under your budget. But suggestion will be spending the extra thousnad bucks to get a newer chipset based mobo like the Asus M4178LT-M, based on 780G chipset to get better support, features and future upgradability options.

Thanks a lot for replying.
Should i look for Biostar motherboards also as it will be quite cheaper than ASUS?
I guess they have 780G motherboards as well but at a cheaperprice.
XFX HD 4650 1 GB GDDR2-Can this play all the latest games at lowers resolution?

Cilus

laborare est orare
I don't think you can't find a 780G chipset based mobo any cheaper than 2.5K. Also don't go for them as those motherboards may not have quality components and not suitable for long run.

And ya, HD 4650 1 GB GDDR2 can play all games in lower resolution.

Cilus

laborare est orare
^^ There is no such games at DirectX Exclusive games, Sam. The card is DirectX10, so it can play all the DIrectX11 games without their Dx11 specific features.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ There is no such games at DirectX Exclusive games, Sam. The card is DirectX10, so it can play all the DIrectX11 games without their Dx11 specific features.

yes, till now no DX11 exclusive game. so its the best he can get for that amount.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
With the max resolution of 14" CRT being 10x7 @ 60Hz I think he will be gaming at 8x6 res most of the time. For this buying a separate GFX card is not worthy IMO. The 780G IGP is more than capable to play most of the games at this res in low to medium settings. Just upgrade the CPU, Mobo & RAM. Go for what Cilus has suggested for these components.

You can always add GFX card later if you are not satisfied with the performance of IGP.

OP
R

rock18

Broken In
With the max resolution of 14" CRT being 10x7 @ 60Hz I think he will be gaming at 8x6 res most of the time. For this buying a separate GFX card is not worthy IMO. The 780G IGP is more than capable to play most of the games at this res in low to medium settings. Just upgrade the CPU, Mobo & RAM. Go for what Cilus has suggested for these components.

You can always add GFX card later if you are not satisfied with the performance of IGP.

@Cilus, @SAM,@SKUD- Thanks a lot for replying.

Which 780G motherboard you all suggest and how much will be the price?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
For your budget:-

here's my suggestion:-

1. AMD Athlon II X3 445 - 3.5k
2. Asus M4A78LT-M LE @ 2.5K
3. Corsair 2x2 GB DDR3 1333MHz value Ram - 2k

OP
R

rock18

Broken In

For your budget:-

here's my suggestion:-

1. AMD Athlon II X3 445 - 3.5k
2. Asus M4A78LT-M LE @ 2.5K
3. Corsair 2x2 GB DDR3 1333MHz value Ram - 2k
Thanks for replying buddy.
I just saw specs of Asus M4A78LT-M LE. It show its a 760G chipset and also GPU is HD300.
I guess 780G has HD3200 which is good for playing all games at low settings?
Please correct me if i am wrong.

And also give me some more choices with good IGP.
Thank you very much.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
IF you can increase your budget get a 880 chipset based mobo. Gigabyte 880GMA-UD2H costs some 4.2k. It has HD4250 IGP and can play any games at low/medium settings at 14" CRT.

Top Bottom