AdvancedPoint and shoot for around 17k.

koolent

Youngling
Sup everybody, so I am planning to buy a P-n-S within 17k. I don't have much knowledge regarding cameras so, this humble request.

Another request though, please suggest fast as you can because I might buy ASAP.

It must provide control over most feats manually but since mom & dad and my Sister's gonna be using it as well, it should also have an "Auto" mode.

3, 2, 1, Shoot... :p

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Only camera fits in this budget is Nikon P330.

There are other two, slightly out of your budget, Fuji XF1 and Canon S200. It may come closer to your budget if you could use any coupons, if you are buying online. Canon doesn't seems to be good at all. I wonder how many know about this camera. I don't see much information about this camera online. It's sure like one of the reviewer said, Canon S200 is a poor man's S120.

Check them both P330 and XF1.

quagmire

Allllright !
OP, answer these questions from the Questionnaire by nac: :)

How much zoom do you want/expect?

What will you be shooting with this camera?

Will you be shooting mostly indoors/low light and/or action/sports?

Video?

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind?

Any brand preference? Like/dislike

From where will you be buying?

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
oops, Sorry, here this goes:

How much zoom do you want/expect?
- As much as possible

What will you be shooting with this camera?
- Almost Everything. From wide hilly areas to Indoor dark scenes and macros.

Will you be shooting mostly indoors/low light and/or action/sports?
- Yes, but must be a very decent performer at outdoors as well.

Video?
- Hell yes, The best possible within the budget.

Do you have any particular model(s) in your mind?
-NIKON L820, NME though :p

Any brand preference? Like/dislike
-Nah.

From where will you be buying?
Locally/Online, no problems.

Last edited:

quagmire

Allllright !
At this point you have to make a choice between a bigger sensor, less zoom and smaller sensor more zoom.
That is Compact vs Micro four-thirds. Read this.
Compare their IQs and see which one you can sacrifice..

Are you willing to make further investment? I mean on lenses.

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
:) Funny... You don't have choice, Kool. Unless you want to look for other kinda cameras. As of now P330 is the only choice.

I think so, well I don't want to be there in the ship standing there confused so, however, if I get the P330, I'll definitely go for it.

But Please recommend me cameras under 16k and 15k as well.

The same things are which I want just a change in budget.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
P330 is still available and well under your budget. If you are OK with other cameras, you can check out
FZ60 - If you are OK with bulky form factor.
TZ25/TZ30 - If you can find it available.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
17k is a good amount of cash. Like always I'll recommend the Canon sx170 (Canon PowerShot SX170 IS Advance Point and shoot Rs.12605 Price in India - Buy Canon PowerShot SX170 IS Advance Point and shoot Black Online - Canon: Flipkart.com)

The advantages being
1. full manual mode, great if you are plannning to get serious about photography
2. 12X zoom in a pretty compact body, very pocketable
3. CHDK allows you to add quite a lot of features to your camera

IQ, low light performance and all are pretty decent for a point and shoot type cam. So no worries there.

17k is a good amount of cash. Like always I'll recommend the Canon sx170 (*www.flipkart.com/canon-powershot-sx170-advance-point-shoot/p/itmdzjkezvq8dqhn?pid=CAMDZJK8ZZVJWHEH&icmpid=reco_bp_historyFooter_camera_1)

The advantages being
1. full manual mode, great if you are plannning to get serious about photography

IQ, low light performance and all are pretty decent for a point and shoot type cam. So no worries there.

17k is a good amount of cash. Like always I'll recommend the Canon sx170 (*www.flipkart.com/canon-powershot-sx170-advance-point-shoot/p/itmdzjkezvq8dqhn?pid=CAMDZJK8ZZVJWHEH&icmpid=reco_bp_historyFooter_camera_1)

The advantages being

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
P330 is still available and well under your budget. If you are OK with other cameras, you can check out
FZ60 - If you are OK with bulky form factor.
TZ25/TZ30 - If you can find it available.

I am always okay with the bulk but at 18k, it gowes away from my budget.

Talk about bulk, I nevt complain about it if the camera packs in a better lens system, optics and sensor. Hell, a bulkier camera gives even a more professional feel.

Recommend me something under the 16k segment, bulk doesn't matter. Fast replies will be appreciated as it's gonna ne a hit or miss tomorrow. :p

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Probably, they stopped the production of FZ60 and its getting out of stock, I guess. So the reason for higher price... It was selling for 17k...

No other cameras I find better than the models I have mentioned before.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I really think Nikon P330 is the best choice for you...it have better sensor and looks good and compact ...good for learning

nac

Aspiring Novelist
^ God!!!! they are amazing work. Sure the photographers get the appreciation not the camera :)

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Kool, If you haven't made the purchase, wait... Canon have slashed price... And now even S110 is under your budget.

OP
koolent

koolent

Youngling
Thanks, will have a look. I know it took me ages to reply but I got a little bust. The guy didn't have the P330 so, the purchase was postponed for some time. Let's see if something good pops out of the bag as the urgency has been eliminated for the camera so, I can wait.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
Now I don't have an idea about this camera but these flickr images with the P330 are looking really nice.

P330 Flickr

Just another example to show you dont need expensive lenses + DSLRS to get great shots . Impressive !

Top Bottom