Add in sound card v/s realtek 892 codec

kai840

Broken In
U can easily go for a XonarDG it will provide a diff. In quality dnt wrry abt that but XonarDX is much way bttr but thinking that its price will come down dont wait for it hopefully its cost arnd 4800 in np

OP
M

Minion

Conversation Architect
Guys got my Asus Xonar DG yesterday I must say it has noticeable difference over my realtek crap well defined bass,I can hear lot more detail that I was not able with realtek,sound is more realistic for example in wolfman movie there is as scene in beginning where people are taking with each other doing party I felt they are around me.very good stereo separation ,very good positional audio.

I felt these difference with my cheap Pl 11 so I must say people who need better sound don't waste money on software like srs sandbox instead buy this.

Thanking megamind,AcceleratorX,funskar,kai840 for helpling me out.

A_ashish_A

Journeyman
Hello guys..i also wish to get a decent sound card..but I m also very confused between DG and DX. I have two questions-
1) Does DG has all Dolby features found in DX or it lacks any major or important feature??

2) Is DG capable of giving 5.1 output through 2.1 stereo speakers??

Plz reply.

Last edited:
OP
M

Minion

Conversation Architect
A_ashish_A,
Dolby feature is even found in DG. DX is better but you need very good speaker to figure out difference between DG & DX.
DG supports upto 5.1 Speaker configuration.

I would Suggest if you have very good speakers go with Xonar DX else with DG.To be honest Dolby is crape:p I don't use Dolby with Xonar DG they make my sound muddier I use HiFi mode found in Asus control panel.:-D

Asus Xonar costs 4,200 while Xonar DG costs 1,500.So decide accordingly.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
To be honest Dolby is crape:p

Can you explain how you came to that conclusion?
DG has Dolby Headphone technology & not DD live...

Hello guys..i also wish to get a decent sound card..but I m also very confused between DG and DX. I have two questions-
1) Does DG has all Dolby features found in DX or it lacks any major or important feature??

2) Is DG capable of giving 5.1 output through 2.1 stereo speakers??

Mention your audio equipments...

1. Some important points..
Xonar | DG | DX
SNR(signal to noise ratio)(dB)|105,103|116,112
THD+N(total harmonic distortion+noise)|0.0025 %|0.00056%
Max. Sample Rate and Resolution|96KHz|192KHz
Dolby digital live|No|Yes

2. Yes & even a onboard realtek audio proc. does that...

A_ashish_A

Journeyman
i dont have good speakers and headphone atm...but i plan to buy a pair of decent audio technica headphones (most probably Audio-Technica ATH-AD700) and after some time i plan to buy logitech Z623 or logitech Z906....but first of all i want to finalize sound card. so which one will do justice with above mentioned headphone/speakers??
btw my priority is-
1) virtual yet realistic surround sound from headphones.
2) virtual yet realistic surround sound from any decent 2.1 speakers.
3) awesome sound clarity.
4) dolby features.

also what is DD live??

MegaMind

Human Spambot
i dont have good speakers and headphone atm...but i plan to buy a pair of decent audio technica headphones (most probably Audio-Technica ATH-AD700) and after some time i plan to buy logitech Z623 or logitech Z906....but first of all i want to finalize sound card. so which one will do justice with above mentioned headphone/speakers??

If thats your plan, get Xonar DX...

btw my priority is-
1) virtual yet realistic surround sound from headphones.
2) virtual yet realistic surround sound from any decent 2.1 speakers.
3) awesome sound clarity.
4) dolby features.

1 & 2 are very hard to get realistic unless you have a dolby headphone combined with Dolby Pro Logic® II audio chipset(present in DX, not in DG)..

also what is DD live??

Dolby Digital Live encodes any audio signal on PC in realtime to Dolby Digital (AC3) 5.1 surround sounds to your home theater environment through one single S/PDIF connection..
Speakers with digital(S/PDIF) i/p benefits from this feature..

AcceleratorX

Youngling
DD Live is not a very big deal as I believe that it can also be done in software by your application if your audio processor does not support it. Look for the more technical specifications first: SNR, output frequency and resolution, DACs/ADCs, etc.

OP
M

Minion

Conversation Architect
Can you explain how you came to that conclusion?
DG has Dolby Headphone technology

Ok buddy listen to a audio with dolby headphone on & off You will definitely hear the difference using dolby makes sound muddier. I have use X-fi and all most all sound enhancements software X-fi sounds awesome even with realtek.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Ok buddy listen to a audio with dolby headphone on & off You will definitely hear the difference using dolby makes sound muddier.

Yes it does, due to the fact that the headphone connected is not capable of producing dolby surround..

I have use X-fi and all most all sound enhancements software X-fi sounds awesome even with realtek.

I don't get you?

A_ashish_A

Journeyman
mates i ve decided this-

sound card- Asus Xonar DX
price- 4190/-
Asus Xonar DX [DX] - Rs.4,190.00 : Pristine Note, Shop audio, headphones, amplifier, DAC, hifi, mp3, audiophile products online store India

headphone- Corsair Gaming Audio Series™ HS1A Headset
price- 2999/-
HARDOCP - Introduction - Corsair Gaming Audio Series™ HS1A Headset Review

plz tell what u think...i think its best for value.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
Buddy I mean to say that X-Fi software that comes with some motherboard gives you a spacious sound without mudding sound.

I tried X-fi with my realtek and they sounds very good compared to dolby.:-D

oh that.. I've never tried will check out, thanks for mentioning..

mates i ve decided this-

sound card- Asus Xonar DX
price- 4190/-
Asus Xonar DX [DX] - Rs.4,190.00 : Pristine Note, Shop audio, headphones, amplifier, DAC, hifi, mp3, audiophile products online store India

headphone- Corsair Gaming Audio Series™ HS1A Headset
price- 2999/-
HARDOCP - Introduction - Corsair Gaming Audio Series™ HS1A Headset Review

plz tell what u think...i think its best for value.

Good choice.. Go for it..

Regarding headset, our forum mod Cilus has it PM him...

Whats your budget on headset? Purpose?

A_ashish_A

Journeyman
headphone budget 4000/- for now...purpose gaming, movies, music...but i dont chat so i dont care its headphone or headset.

Top Bottom