Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FilledVoid

I used to use the Google Toolbar previously when I used IE , but now since Im using Firefox I havent needed one. I think other browsers like Opera also has the same ability.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
c'mon guys ......exx_2000,krishnathelord ... he needs "ADD BLOCKER"
NOT POP UP BLOCKER.....therez a diff between them...

exx_2000 ... google toolbar is for preventing POP UPS...!!
krishnathelord .... Microsoft Antispyware ... is it an ad blocker ?????

navjotjsingh pajji ... i have used 2/3 softwares till date for this...
try out naviscope @ *www.webtree.ca/newlife/naviscope_info.htm
i used to use this software when i was using IE...

then therez a software named ad-muncher..a fantastic software ...
get it frm *www.admuncher.com/ its THE BEST AD BLOCKER i have ever seen ...the only drawback is its 30days evaluation version ... :(

now-a-days iam using maxthon browser..it has inbuilt ad-blocker...try out this browser ..*www.maxthon.com/

nd guys pls DONT post unless ur sure of what ur writing abt!!! :twisted:[/url]

krishnathelord

In the zone
grinning_devil said:
c'mon guys ......exx_2000,krishnathelord ... he needs "ADD BLOCKER"
NOT POP UP BLOCKER.....therez a diff between them...

exx_2000 ... google toolbar is for preventing POP UPS...!!
krishnathelord .... Microsoft Antispyware ... is it an ad blocker ?????

navjotjsingh pajji ... i have used 2/3 softwares till date for this...
try out naviscope @ *www.webtree.ca/newlife/naviscope_info.htm
i used to use this software when i was using IE...

then therez a software named ad-muncher..a fantastic software ...
get it frm *www.admuncher.com/ its THE BEST AD BLOCKER i have ever seen ...the only drawback is its 30days evaluation version ... :(

now-a-days iam using maxthon browser..it has inbuilt ad-blocker...try out this browser ..*www.maxthon.com/

nd guys pls DONT post unless ur sure of what ur writing abt!!! :twisted:[/url]
So Whats the diff between Ad blocker and popup blocker :shock: 8) :lol: :shock: 8) :lol:

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Ad Blocker is a software which prevents Ads on various webpages to be displayed on users computer whereas pop up blocker blocks the POP UPS.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well if u wanna block the adds that come in the window u browse u can do it in opera.. jus click on the option of disabling images.. but mind u u wont b able to c images..

krishnathelord

In the zone
shwetanshu said:
Ad Blocker is a software which prevents Ads on various webpages to be displayed on users computer whereas pop up blocker blocks the POP UPS.
and I belife that Ad Blocker does that by blocking certain pop ups :lol: 8)

theraven

Technomancer
yes funny isnt it when u think it means something and others say its something else ?
we all know popups
as for ads ... u see the thinkdigit banner ??? it can be considered as an ad too if u want it to
ads or rather graphical ads can be filtered with the size of the image or scripting used in it

FF is highly customizable this way .. and i only say that cuz i saw a topic on it once on another forum
i use maxthon and its inbuiild blocker does a good job blockin ads and popups
if u ever used it goto options=> ad hunter and u'll see 2 diff options for popup and ads
so yes they are different !

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
navjotjsingh said:
Suggest some good Ad Blocking Softwares for internet explorer or any other browser.
For IE :
Use google toolbar or ad-muncher.

For FX:
U can use the adblock extension.

For opera:
See this thread
*www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=267940

For Maxthon:
It has a in built adblocker and does a good job, automatically blocks ads and we can also block graphical images.

saROMan

QA Juggler
my recomendation is Adsgone 2004 ..which was given in dec 2004 Digit ..pritty Descent performence...havnt seen much popups/Ads ...from then....

crashuniverse

In the zone
well the confusion abt ad-blocker n pop up blocker still remains?
the question raised was pretty cool...

to my knowledge, u want to block a (pop-up) ad....u dont want to block an image based ad, as no software can say an image is an ad or something of ur use (like screenshots)

when we talk abt pop up blockers, it blocks all pop ups, it doesnt see whether it is an ad or not (it assumes most of ads come in pop up windows)...it aslo blocks "pop up feature" of gmail where u can compose mails on a seperate pop - up window...

again...as i think....someone needs a pop up blocker and not an ad-blocker precisely (as both r the same thing)

OP
N

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Well I want to sum up this confusion over ad and popup blocker as

All popups are ads but all ads are not popups. Now apply this theory to blockers and you get your answer.

Popups are a type of ads and well ads are ads. So a ad blocker should be able to block ads on the page as well as of the page(popups).

krishnathelord

In the zone
then u must diable the featuree to show image on e bowsrer

by doing this u will also stop all imagessuch as image of button on the web

so

i belive u r answered

NikhilVerma

Padawan
navjotjsingh said:
Suggest some good Ad Blocking Softwares for internet explorer or any other browser.

Use Proximitron

*www.proxomitron.info/files/

It's works really well... Blocks Popups and strips any given page of ads.
It's slightly complicated but once you read it's help file... It gets easy to use.

<indyan> proxomitron is very powerfull and can do anything..absolutely anything </indyan>

anandk

Distinguished Member
suggest you use MAXTHON browser. its got a good ad-blocker, which inter-alia, also blocks, web ads and floating ads. :)

crashuniverse

In the zone
All popups are ads but all ads are not popups. Now apply this theory to blockers and you get your answer.

source: page 1

Well i disagree,
all pop ups are not ads....i know its somewhat deviated from the exact topic (search for a nice ad blocker) but it needs to be clarified!

i have few examples where pop ups do ur job:
1. a notification on a college website many times comes up as a pop up...
2. compose feature in GMail also has a pop up feature

your pop up blocker blocks both these but u know they r not ads...

u can say pop up blocker blocks most of the ads (and not ALL ads)

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom