Active Directory+Domain Controller+Group Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi guys,

I am back with another set of queries..This time it is purely technical.

Here goes my situation, I have finally purchased a Server and have put Windows Server 2003+SP2+GPMC

I have configured AD in it, created GPO.
Then from AD Users & computers, created users and put them in different groups.
Then Configured group policies and applied them to all the groups which I have created.
Then using a XP machine, I changed from workgroup to domain, gave login credentials, and got a welcome message. Then logged in using the same user which is avail in AD and to which I have put those group policies.

Now in this XP machine, only some of the policies are into effect like, cannot see control panel, cannot change time, cannot select properties from right clicking on desktop and no run command in Start menu. But I have given many policies like, hide all the drives, force classic start menu, remove folder options from windows explorer, remove internet options from IE, display a welcome message before login instead of ctrl+alt+del, disable ctrl+alt+del, disable last username logged in etc.,

Why is this happening???? Not sure, please advice on this.

Second one is, I have a laptop running Vista ultimate, I changed my laptop to domain, given credentials when prompted, then comes the error cannot resolve DNS or domain name not found.
How to make vista communicate with my domain windows server 2003???

Thirdly, in one of the forum, they have suggested the foll for DNS name resolution,
In the server, remove dhcp, provide static IP and in the place of DNS provide the server's IP address. Then in the advanced option forward the DNS to the actual DNS IP.(When I do this, my server goes online.)
In the client computers, provide static IP and the server IP in the place of DNS. I tried this in my Vista I am not able to go online. Oops!!! forgot to check this in XP. Will check and post my observation tomorr.

Anyhow, I have listed all my queries, please advice me where I am doing wrong, by this weekend I need to deploy my Server online.
Help me out guys, you are all my only hope, since google once again gave various answers not relevant to my specific queries.

T i A

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
Thnx for not replyin.. I found myself the answers.

Please for god sake close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom